*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
My favorite part about proto talk is every single nobody coming out of the woodwork on their high horse harassing people to give them free romz. When is that ever a cool thing to do? Never.

I don't want the romz. I just want this little "wink and nod" hoiler-than-thou shit to stop. I get they're not obliged to share but rubbing it in our face (heh) is some next level elitist shit.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
The guy is a hoarder.

You hear that @SuperGun shit for brains! Fuck you and your protos you piece of shit. You contribute nothing to the scene.

Y’all do realize that it’s thanks to him we have some of the Atomiswave protos right?

Dude is a self proclaimed “proto hunter”. If he wants to keep the protos he has sourced private for future trade bait, that’s his choice.

You know who also has access to some protos? SNK, whine to them and maybe they’ll release something.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
Y’all do realize that it’s thanks to him we have some of the Atomiswave protos right?

Dude is a self proclaimed “proto hunter”. If he wants to keep the protos he has sourced private for future trade bait, that’s his choice.

You know who also has access to some protos? SNK, whine to them and maybe they’ll release something.

BUT DID YOU GET YOUR DICK SUCKED WHEN YOU WENT FOR AN AIDS TEST!?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
That would require you to get off his dick first… :keke:

I’m sorry but weren’t you the one that just wrote that love letter to him above?

Nice try trying to flip it on me though I give it an 3 out of 7 for effort.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Historical preservation. It's that simple. Doesn't matter how good the games are. They're a part of Neo history, and 25-30+ years on, more and more likely to never see the light of day.
I agree. Hell, i would love to play not only some of the Neo Geo protos (particularly Last Odyssey), but also other unreleased curios such as Phear (the original Jaguar incarnation of Tetrisphere on N64), Ultimate Journey on NES, and Magician Lord 2 on the NGPC.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
I still think these roms will get leaked eventually. Maybe to a few select at first, but eventually it will trickle down to us plebs. Almost nothing stays secret for ever in the rom world.
That's right. This subject on Neo Geo community Will eventually reach a boiling point where me might see a situation akin to Akka Arrh or Marble Madness 2 occurring.

KGRAMR

Another Striker

Well about that... have you heard about the crazy issue behind Mystic Wand?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
So little love for QP, in spite of its officially reported 99% completion. :-(

Nice to see Mahou Juku. We know from GAME MACHINE offical scans it arrived up to the point of being advertised as an upcoming release, but now we also know it was quite polished a game, including voice acting bits at all. Such a shame it never saw the light, for a reason or another we are not to know anyway. But the utter waste of work, we can see that now. :-(

Last edited:

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
How long will any of these prototype carts last anyway? It's up to them to do whatever the hell they want with their property, but if they don't have these baked up won't they simply die? Were these boards all mask roms, eeproms with exposed windows, or what? Probably too broad a question, but you just know some prototypes had to have been lost by now just due to people sitting on them.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Most of the recent footage and screenshots we have of unreleased Neo games are from emulators.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Were there actually any complete games that weren't released (apart from Shodown V Perfect)?

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Were there actually any complete games that weren't released (apart from Shodown V Perfect)?
That's actually a good question. Obviously they're all playable to some degree but I wonder if they're all considered 'complete and ready for release' or just late betas that still need fine tuning and bug fixes?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
In terms of ones that haven't been released as t3h R0mz publicly...

Hard to totally confirm, but I believe Dunk Star, Sun Shine/Block Paradise, and Mystic Wand were all "finished", but just never released. Mystic Wand was loke tested and bombed. Don't know about the other two.

Warlocks of the Fates might be another, seeing as how a cart supposedly exists in an Japanese game shop at the price of "absolutely ridiculous" and the shop owner refuses to allow anyone to see it in action to prove it is what it is.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
The majority of games that we know of are basically complete. Endings have been posted.

Reactions: wyo

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Don't know if this was posted here already, but it seems that there is an interview with a Visco staffer in the recent Breakers Collection who worked on Breakers in regards to Crystal Legacy (the earliest incarnation of the game). Turns out that it was 80% complete but the team was not very happy with how it turned out. The staff member said that it was very different compared to Breakers

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Um, Chris, someone definitely sits on the proto.