Favourite Neo Geo sports game

bitterblueben

New Challenger
I don't know why maybe it's with me being a Neo Geo fan/player but the Super Sidekicks games are real arcade football (Me being UK and all sorry i guess 'soccer' in the US) but the only similar games i can think of to the Super Sidekicks games on consoles is maybe virtua striker on Gamecube

metouto

n00b
Darn the Neo has so many great sports games! And don’t forget off beat ones like football frenzy, Super Baseball 2020 and how about (If you have a briefcase full of notes, for the English version anyways. Stakes Winner:)
5. Puzzle Bobble
4. Baseball Stars 2
3. Mark of the Wolves
2. Metal Slug 2
1. KOF 98

bitterblueben

New Challenger
You can tell i'm a Windjammers fan, that's my favourite, honourable mentions to the other games in this thread too!

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Does dropkicking a broken Neo cart be considered a sport?!! :tickled:
Didnt tonk kick a copy of viewpoint through his bay window and then stomp it into the dirt in his backyard only to then bring it back inside later and it still worked?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Super Sidekicks, Baseball Stars 2, Neo Turf Masters, Street Hoop

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
League Bowling is just one of my favorite neo geo games, period.

Me too. It’s only like 45 megas and my copy cost me like $15 but it’s seriously a top five Neo game for me.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Neo Turf Masters is untouchable, though Windjammers probably provides the best multiplayer experience. Honorable mentions to Neo Drift Out, Baseball Stars 2, and Super Sidekicks 3.

Is it though. I love NTM to pieces (both the cart & CD rev) but tbh golf video games like it seem to loose their appeal gameplay wise...at leat to me, after you have run through them a handful of times. I mean aren't they a bit pattern based? do the wind patterns actually change in NTM? I feel like NTM is given at least half of it's praise due to the Nazca effect (graphical style & sound signature). Still love the game though.

I would say that the top tier of Neo sports games are:

Windjammers (excells at MP), NTM/BTG, Dunk Dream/Street Hoop, League Bowling, Baseball Stars 2

Honerable mention goes out to 2020 & Top Player Golf (on CD as the soundtrack is better IMO)

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think I played Stakes Winner 2 the most.
but, if you include Baseball 2020 on the Genesis... then it's definitely that.

metouto

n00b
Is it though. I love NTM to pieces (both the cart & CD rev) but tbh golf video games like it seem to loose their appeal gameplay wise...at leat to me. I mean arent they a bit pattern based? do the wind patterns actually change in NTM? I feel like NTM is given at leats half of it's prais due to the Nazca effect (graphical style & sound signature). Still love the game though.

I would say that the top tier of Neo sports games are:

Windjammers (excells at MP), NTM/BTG, Dunk Dream/Street Hoop, League Bowling, Baseball Stars 2

Honerable mention goes out to 2020 & Top Player Golf (on CD as the soundtrack is better IMO)
mine also the same