Sony Project Q remote play Handheld

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Is this device doomed to failure?

I wonder why they didn’t launch a new handheld that played its own games but also featured remote play/streaming play for PS5 games.

While I’m lukewarm on a streaming only devices I have to say…I’ve really, really, really enjoyed using Xbox Cloud Gaming through my Steam Deck. The performance on the stuff I’ve played has been great.

So conceptually I like the idea of the Q even if it’s probably going to cost too much for what little it does.

I think the device would have some more value if you were playing a game on a PS5 and a second player (locally) could join your (same) game via the Q, particularly for first person games or other titles that would require split screen.

I also look forward to the device being hacked though not sure what, if anything, it could be used for depending on its architecture.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Honestly this looks dreadful at least with the psp and vita that could stream ps3 and ps4 you could also get games for them.

I don't like the design either.

Samson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Noob of the Year
its just a ps5 controller with a ginormous tablet screen in the middle lmao.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
"Is this device doomed to failure?"
... "streaming only"

:censored:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I’ve never heard or seen anything of it. If it requires a PS5 though it’s clearly doomed.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Yet another attempt at ramming videogame streaming down our throats. No but one of the most demanding applications in terms of latency being forced to be processed off device is totally cool you guys, have you paid for PS Plus + this month?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Absolutely no-one was asking for this thing and having to own a PS5 to even use it is a death sentence.

Between this and the PSVR2 Sony sure is intent on creating products for a user base that doesn't exist and no-one even wants.

It's also ugly as fuck. Sony used to be on the ball design wise but the direction they've gone for this generation is baffling.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There is not a meme big enough to explainthis piece of garbage

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You can only use this stupid thing over wifi to your PS5 so no cloud streaming, rendering this completely retarded. Buy another tv or use a pc monitor or I dunno take a break you fucking Goobslob!

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
You can only use this stupid thing over wifi to your PS5 so no cloud streaming, rendering this completely retarded. Buy another tv or use a pc monitor or I dunno take a break you fucking Goobslob!
I had no idea it actually required your PS5 so it's even worse than I thought. Holy shit. No one's buying this garbage, what the fuck are you thinking Sony.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Steamdeck has 3-4 hours as well depending on the game.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Wii U "gamepad" had less.
The Wii U gamepad only works in the direct vicinity of the console. You can just plug the controller in when the battery runs down.

And, of course, the Wii U failed. The only failed Nintendo console in the middle of a run that included the DS, Wii, 3DS, and Switch.