Post Your Recent Purchases!

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I think that Crossed Swords says there is an issue with the cart. Curious if you’ve tested it?

Ah does it, shite that does explain something.

It plays fine, but some of the enemies when ’in the distance’ furthest away pane have little artefacts. Nothing major though. I wondered if the cartridge or my console slot needed a clean but actually that might explain the problem.

I guess the cartridge might need a repair, weak solider points maybe. Probably beyond my expertise so I’ll just play it as is.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster

It plays fine, but some of the enemies when ’in the distance’ furthest away pane have little artefacts. Nothing major though. I wondered if the cartridge or my console slot needed a clean but actually that might explain the problem.

I guess the cartridge might need a repair, weak solider points maybe. Probably beyond my expertise so I’ll just play it as is.

I think the game has these glitches on some AES revisions - Robo Army and Sengoku also have those kind of artefacts.
Anyway, I also had those when playing CS on my 3-5.
It's really a shit game to play in AES mode btw.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Yoooo.
Tj&e 3 fuck yes
10 bucks why not
Kingdom grandprix has a code that makes the game not play retarded, look it up.
Always been curious about that game. Never tried in on emu or somthing
The swizzledick faced street shark is kinda lowkey terrifying.
His name is Moby Lick, al the ladies love him :sneaky:
Those puffy tmnt stickers are fuckin boss..
Those were free from a buddy. Super awesome. I do hate things like this. Do I open it or leave it like that
Great haul.
Thanks !

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
@smokey
Does that KoF 98 ost begin with the clip of that guy saying, "play this shit like you just got your butt fucked," like in the first edition of the arcade rom?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Graphical glitches with Crossed Swords is pretty common. Same goes for Super Spy, Mag Lord and some other early titles. Xian Xi replaced the power jack on the console and it solved the problem, so I think it might be voltage related.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Graphical glitches with Crossed Swords is pretty common. Same goes for Super Spy, Mag Lord and some other early titles. Xian Xi replaced the power jack on the console and it solved the problem, so I think it might be voltage related.

Thanks. Magician Lord works fine it’s just this copy of Crossed Pork Swords.

I have one of those Frenchie power supplies for my AES (https://en.retrogamesupply.com/collections/neo-geo/products/power-supply-for-snk-neo-geo-aes) which seems to be okay as well.

For the sake of one game I’m not too bothered about opening my AES up, but interesting to hear it’s potentially a problem with my model of AES and perhaps not the game itself.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Most pointless purchase ever (it's a free download), but I love it anyways.

pxliHIy.jpg

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Have fun spending all your time fiddling with settings and taking pictures of title screens to show other weirdos instead of actually playing games.
Who goobed you?

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Have fun spending all your time fiddling with settings and taking pictures of title screens to show other weirdos instead of actually playing games.

My CRTs are perfectly fine and don't require additional fiddling or photo taking. It's purely a novelty purchase.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Who goobed you?
Oh, God. It was so horrible. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were waiting for Dad to come home from work. I went to fire up the AES. And that’s when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed as Kyo Kusanagi. He’d been climbing down the chimney. His sack was loaded with *sniff* minty home carts with no insertion marks. He was gonna goob us. He slipped on some cum that had dripped out of the carts and broke his neck. He died instantly.

Anyway, that's why I hate Christmas.

Inshakoor

New Challenger
I am putting together a CMVS (I have most of the components and have 3D printed the case) but I'm waiting for my MV1C. In the meantime I found a good deal on Metal Slug X (thanks to this forum I knew what to look for so I don't get scammed) and it just came in! Can't wait to finish building it when the MV1C arrives :).

IMG_5630.jpeg