Metal Slug mission 5 easter eggs

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
In the beginning of mission 5, if you take the time to destroy the buildings, you will see some video game easter eggs.

First building, destroy it and a local man will come out. Shoot the man, he will fall down and his pants will fall down as well. He'll stand up, pull them up and continue to run away.

Spoiler:
IMG_20230605_223614.jpg
Example of the man running away if you don't shoot him.
IMG_20230605_223930.jpg
Example if you shoot him. Noticed a red pixel on his cheeks.

The second building, if you shoot out the windows, reveals two dead women. Destroy the building to see the left one's butt.
Spoiler:
IMG_20230605_224017.jpg
Windows destroyed.
IMG_20230605_224052.jpg
butt

The butcher shop, if you shoot the windows, reveals the dead butcher laying on a pig. Destroy the building and his clothes come off and he and the pig have a shocked expression. A butcher boy also comes running out, if you shoot him he falls down but gets up to run again.
Spoiler:
IMG_20230605_224316.jpg
Windows destroyed
IMG_20230605_224351.jpg
Building destroyed

Neat little surprises that slipped by me for 20 years because I never stopped to smell the roses here. Thank you for your support.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
nothing like Metal Slug 16:9...
I couldn't tell or not but yeah, press the aspect button or something.
Also, can't tell if thread is a joke or not because everyone who's put any time into MS1 knows this.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Saves me bothering making a new thread on Metal Slug 1 so hope it's okay to ask this here.

Is the mission mode on the Neo Geo CD version worth playing that version for or nah? Also I assume the PSX / SS versions of Metal Slug 1 have the same features as the Neo Geo CD version too, but worse frame rate / simpler animations. Reason I ask is that the PSX version is v cheap.

Samson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Noob of the Year
The Saturn and Ps1 ports of Metal Slug 1 are based off of the NGCD port meaning it pretty much has everything that version has, the only difference is the audio isn’t as clear, and some animations had to be cut. If I had to suggest one it would be the Saturn version since it has more animations and the audio isn’t as rough, unfortunatly it’s a bit pricy now for a Saturn import. Ps1 version is still pretty decent though so you can’t go wrong with either one.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The Saturn and Ps1 ports of Metal Slug 1 are based off of the NGCD port meaning it pretty much has everything that version has, the only difference is the audio isn’t as clear, and some animations had to be cut. If I had to suggest one it would be the Saturn version since it has more animations and the audio isn’t as rough, unfortunatly it’s a bit pricy now for a Saturn import. Ps1 version is still pretty decent though so you can’t go wrong with either one.
This is bullshit lie.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I approve of these trivia threads.

Can anyone confirm this video starting at 3:40? He claims the jumping zoom animation for enemies on Slug 1 when they're blown up on the building from stage 3 can be triggered anywhere but I've never been able to reproduce it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The jumping enemies into the screen from level 3 is just purely random. No connection to score or anything.

What a horrible feeling to play through Slug and not get a jumping guy though.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The jumping enemies into the screen from level 3 is just purely random. No connection to score or anything.

What a horrible feeling to play through Slug and not get a jumping guy though.
Yeah, but in the video the guy triggers the jump animation as early as level 1. I forget you don't have access to youtube there.