Magic the Gathering MTG Library

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
So here it is the big MTG thread, I’ll try to post some cool cards that I own(ed) here, let’s talk old school new school whateverIMG_3381.jpeg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Currently playing Standard(Arena), Commander, and Limited.
Karlov seems to be polarizing set, but I really enjoy the change in theme. especially more than the Universes Beyond Stuff. I know UB is selling well, but I feel like it will drive out old players even if it brings in new people.

I started fresh about 3 years ago, so I dont much of the old stuff lying around.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Oh the old stuff is the best, look up alpha 40. I am playing limited and that’s it cuz I sold so many cards out of the decks. Thanks for the feedback on Karlov, I almost bought a box! Stick around, mtg and the people involved are great (not me) haha

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I played from Unlimited->Ice Age, then briefly again during M10. I purposely don't play anymore, because it's insanely addictive and an insane money pit. But it's a great game. Possibly the greatest game ever made.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I played from Unlimited->Ice Age, then briefly again during M10. I purposely don't play anymore, because it's insanely addictive and an insane money pit. But it's a great game. Possibly the greatest game ever made.
At the very least it’s the best CCG. So much money wasted in packs, digital assets and more. I think unlimited is the best set ever tho too bad I never cracked those bad boys

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
The good thing now is you can just buy singles on the cheap. TCGplayer and CardKingdom have made it so easy, there's almost never a reason to buy a set unless you play limited or dopamine hits for cracking packs. It's a slippery slope if you get addicted to packs tho. I have one friend that has gone a little overboard with sealed product. I buy boxes if I like the set, but that's usually after I've played it first. I think I'm one of the few that really enjoyed New Capenna. which was great for cheap boxes.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
The good thing now is you can just buy singles on the cheap. TCGplayer and CardKingdom have made it so easy, there's almost never a reason to buy a set unless you play limited or dopamine hits for cracking packs. It's a slippery slope if you get addicted to packs tho. I have one friend that has gone a little overboard with sealed product. I buy boxes if I like the set, but that's usually after I've played it first. I think I'm one of the few that really enjoyed New Capenna. which was great for cheap boxes.
Interesting. New Capenna was so much fun. Yeah, I’m spending a lot of dough on packs what can I say I’m an idiot. At least limited is fun

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I have some cards from the 90s that I've kept all this time, but I don't think there was anything particularly valuable from a $$$ perspective in there.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I have some cards from the 90s that I've kept all this time, but I don't think there was anything particularly valuable from a $$$ perspective in there.
Too bad, who knew they would become so expensive, you should post them

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Nice looking lotus repro, the quality aint bad.

Back in the 90s I remember going into a game store and seeing all the moxen, $20 each. Stupid, new to the game at the time me, thought "why would I pay $20 for what's pretty much a basic land?"

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Nice looking lotus repro, the quality aint bad.

Back in the 90s I remember going into a game store and seeing all the moxen, $20 each. Stupid, new to the game at the time me, thought "why would I pay $20 for what's pretty much a basic land?"
Repro, are you crazy? Lol, you will never catch me posting a proxy. That’s a IE Lotus and it was worth about 10 grand at one point, I sold it and made a killing. Yeah those basic dual lands were lame we want Shivans! Ok I see the CE = proxy talk there

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Too bad, who knew they would become so expensive, you should post them

Shit has always been pricey. I started playing and collecting in 4th grade, 1994. By 1995 a Black Lotus was 280ish. In 95 that was a week and a half of wages (minimum). The Legend, Antiquities and Arabian packs sold out fast and went for 10-25x original prices.

I bought an unlimited starter for 80 bucks in 95 iirc.

I have a few decent cards but none of the power 9. I was done with magic by 2000.

I picked up a couple boxes recently just for the hell of it.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Ah. Not sure what that is. Thought it was a repro due to the squared corners.
Yeah IE power nine are expensive, and Moxen? Damn bro.
Here's a taste. I haven't looked at these in decades. I don't even remember how to play the game tbh
Some nice random cards, I see that Wrath of God there, damn we all say that the scene was banging back in the day, but today when if you have cash you can afford a turn 1 kill deck and play in Sweden then well, nothing has changed then? Hahaha. Thank you all for the nostalgia

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
The reality is most old cards are not worth all that much, but, You have some really clean ones there. I bet there's some solid cards in that mess.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
The reality is most old cards are not worth all that much, but, You have some really clean ones there. I bet there's some solid cards in that mess.
I don’t see much value but I do see a lot of sentimental value, but yeah, some cards are solid anyway

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
IMG_3400.jpeg
This is good night for me, enjoy the beta Chaos Orb, I actually got to use this card, it’s a dexterity one. See you tomorrow peeps hope I’m behaving and cultivating good vibes

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I’ve built a deck out of reserved list cards, two actually, I’ll take a pic of the other soon. It feels good to build a deck man!IMG_6515.jpeg

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
The other one. The theme is big powerful creatures and the end phase IMG_6517.jpegof the RL (only RL cards here)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i haven't bothered with it since urza's saga. whats expensive from that set? tolarian academy?