Cigar Central!

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
IMG_6142.jpegRomeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs Review
Mille Fleurs stands for a thousand flowers, and this cigar sure is aromatic and smooth. Measuring 42 by 5 1/8 inches, these medium-bodied Cubans present a nice construction with a good looking wrapper and band.

The aroma and cold draw has hints of wood, cinnamon and flowers, smelling like a classic habano.
1st third - there is a smooth draw right out of the gate, with a smooth retrohale and notes of vanilla.

2nd third - Notes of red pepper and spice appear, so do floral notes. It required a minor touch up to remain even but it remained like that throughout the 3rd third.

Some guaraná harmonization was introduced at this point making the smoke smoother and intensifying the floral notes
3rd third - Hints of honey and wood which have been present from the beginning but have faded reappear and pepper notes became more present. Notes of chocolate at the very end.

This cigar was smooth until the end and I’d recommend it to anyone. Thank you.IMG_6132.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6138.jpeg
    IMG_6138.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
I visited the cigar store today and smoked this Joya de Nicaragua Classico Original again. Look forward to a Médio Siglo review. Thanks for looking at my cigar lol :)IMG_6156.jpegIMG_6151.jpegIMG_6157.jpeg

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
How to Light a Cigar
dedicated to Moe

This is a little beginners guide on how to smoke cigars. It’s going to be pretty straightforward. First you need supplies: a butane torch or lighter, lighter fluid to recharge it, a double cut guillotine, a v-cut one (fancier) or a cigar hole punch, a big ass ashtray (cigarette ones are meant for cigarettes), a humidor, cedar box or even ziplocks, Boveda packs and of course cigars!

First things first, you’re gonna need to go to a cigar store to buy your stuff or perhaps order it all online. All recommendations are valid. To actually light a cigar you can use cedar, matches, a torch etc. First cut part of the cap off or hole punch it and check the draw, you may cut it some more. Make sure you’re all set, preferably getting a drink to complement your smoke. A cold draw is “smoking without setting the cigar on fire” and you do this and check the aromas of the cigar as well by sniffing the cigar like it was sweet cocaine. Use the heat of your tool to light it on fire, never let the flame touch the cigar as this could damage the cigar and ruin its flavor. At a 45° angle light it up until it’s glowing red. At this point take a puff without and I mean WITHOUT inhaling it and appreciate its flavor notes and aroma. Keep slowly smoking the cigar until you don’t want anymore or it’s too hot to handle.
The first smoke you choose should be mild, keep that in mind as you choose your first cigar, but hey, wanna smoke a Partagas Série D Número 4? Go ahead. . . If you’re going to start hoarding cigar you will need a humidor, and setting it up and keeping track of the hygrometer can be a little daunting but it’s worth it if you will be getting many cigars. If you own a bunch of boxes then I suggest industrial solutions; on the other hand if you have a small amount, you can use a cedar cigar box or even Tupperware to hold them. Boveda packs can help out with keeping a stable RH level in these cases and about 65% is just fine, although the 70/70 rule applies.
Cuban cigars are thought to be the best cigars ever made, but new world ones actually have better quality controls. Mind the fakes and educate yourself.
Remember that cigars can kill and cause emphysema and cancer. Enjoy once in a while and cherish your smoke!

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Vasco da Gama Coronas Cigar Review

Cheap short-filler cigar that isn’t too bitter? Count me in! Cappuccino aroma and notes of wood, that’s how this stogie begins. Straight outta Germany, the subtle aromas and mild strength and body won’t impress anybody, but it’s a good beginner cigar. The black pepper notes appear every once in a while and the drawn is quite good to say the least. It’s a decent corona, but I wouldn’t smoke these on the regular.

Attachments

• IMG_6184.jpeg
    IMG_6184.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Puritos

Puritos are tiny cigars from Cuba (pure Cubans) that have a mild to medium body and and are made by machines instead of hecho a mano (handmade). I’ve encountered ones by Montecristo and Romeo y Julieta, but I know Partagas and Cohiba puritos also exist. The chopped tobacco comes from the remainder of factory production in packs of five. They have a small ring and are pre-cut. They are somewhat inexpensive and I will attempt to go over the pros and cons of these little bastards.

Pros:
- very portable, as they are tiny
- good for beginners , as they are kind of mild and come precut
- decent cost benefit
- good variety
- Cuban taste
- quick smoking experience for people on the go
- attractive packaging
- edit: the draw is looser than your average Cuban
Cons:
- experienced smokers will prefer a bigger cigar
- experienced smokers won’t enjoy the mild taste that much
- if gets soggy at the end
- can cause mouth cancer among other problems
- some brands are harder to find
- ring will sometimes slip off or become unraveled

Conclusion: preference will dictate how much you will enjoy the puritos, it’s worth a try thought. Thank you for reading this bit about pure Cuban tobacco!
IMG_6200.jpeg

Last edited:

Hans

In my bathroom I pee sitting. No splashing
Goob of the Year
Besides some negative posts; great stories my friends, Tak’s in particular was very detailed. I’ve just had a Partagas, but the heatwave around here made me a little dizzy
How can you post something here and expect to receive only positive responses?

Anyways, I've smoked a couple cigars, never anything special. I was more frustrated than anything because I wanted to inhale the smoke, but was told not to. Didn't really get much out of it.

I'd take a cigarette over a cigar. Might as well be choosing what kind of cancer I'd prefer to have, but I can respect a good stogie.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
How can you post something here and expect to receive only positive responses?

Anyways, I've smoked a couple cigars, never anything special. I was more frustrated than anything because I wanted to inhale the smoke, but was told not to. Didn't really get much out of it.

I'd take a cigarette over a cigar. Might as well be choosing what kind of cancer I'd prefer to have, but I can respect a good stogie.
Hahahaha, ok. Well if you inhale the cancer is guaranteed and it fucks your throat. Hope your next cigar experience is way better Doug

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
“Perla Del Mar - Zinho’s Last Cigar (Que Tenga una Muerte Digna”) - Zinho

Printing instructions - print in 12x6, write title and name in the back
Free artIMG_6485.jpeg

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
not much to offer - I smoked a Cuban cigar back in 2004 when I was visiting Dubai.

but I do vape nowadays.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Family problems means I smoke more cigars… @Takumaji Numero 4!View attachment 71767
index.php
View attachment 71766
not much to offer - I smoked a Cuban cigar back in 2004 when I was visiting Dubai.

but I do vape nowadays.
that’s ok do you remember anything at all? Feel free to not reply too :)

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
I do recall it having a nut-like taste - much more refined then regular cigarettes.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Cohiba Siglo I Review

Cuban Cohiba cigars started out as a brand exclusive to Fidel Castro, which were also used as diplomatic gifts. Hailing from the Vuelta Abajo region in Cuba, the famous cigars are considered to be some of the best ones in the world. The Siglo I is a petit corona measuring 4” with a 40 ring gauge.

Smoking one is quite the experience. Cold draw and aroma indicate cedar and an unmistakable perfume of Cohiba. Initial third will draw you in with coffee and lots of cedar . This is a medium strength stick, but don’t let that fool you, its small size can deliver tons of nicotine. There’s an even burn here and there’s quite a lot of smoke for its size. Just marvelous. The tasting started out in a very consistent way.

Second third delivered a sugary retrohale and the taste evolved to leather. It was burning even still. Cedar was surely present and the beautiful rings of grey ash were very compact. It tasted like maple syrup at this point.

Final third brought in a lot of leather, which overpowered other notes. There’s a reason Cohibas are so sought after, a je ne sais quoi related to their quality and personality. There was zero bitterness up to the beginning of the final third, when fractions of spice notes appeared and some bitterness showed up, both of which increased towards the end.

It began burning somewhat uneven, but it required no touch-ups throughout. You can smoke this until it’s a tiny stub and you won’t regret it. Cohiba certainly deserves all praise.IMG_6529.jpegIMG_6531.jpegIMG_6532.jpegIMG_6533.jpeg