What are you listening to at the moment?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Playing this game with my kid, can’t get this song out of my head

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member

PSK52, Hilltop, man-these dudes are icons around my way. DJ Woody Wood with the side by side tables (DJ Too Tuff, Premier, Grand Wizard Rasheen, so many working DJs at the time copped this style…it’s how I still play even today), Chuck Nice on video years before Afrika Islam tapping out beats…this group was a GROUP.

No ghostwriters, no nonsense-no curses…legendary. ES.T was on par with Rakim and Kane with his wordplay, and a child prodigy to boot. Even with that mustache-he was 16 when their first record dropped!
I love that you posted Greatest Man Alive, and gave me a chance to big up this group.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
PSK52, Hilltop, man-these dudes are icons around my way. DJ Woody Wood with the side by side tables (DJ Too Tuff, Premier, Grand Wizard Rasheen, so many working DJs at the time copped this style…it’s how I still play even today), Chuck Nice on video years before Afrika Islam tapping out beats…this group was a GROUP.

No ghostwriters, no nonsense-no curses…legendary. ES.T was on par with Rakim and Kane with his wordplay, and a child prodigy to boot. Even with that mustache-he was 16 when their first record dropped!
I love that you posted Greatest Man Alive, and gave me a chance to big up this group.
I hadn't seen that video I posted since it was on Mtv way back in the day, I always remember Chuck Nice actually playing the drum machine. It made me think that everyone else was lazy lol. Obviously I didn't know anything about production and programming at the time but it always stuck with me just how cool it was that he did that.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If you watch the Arsenio Hall performance of ‘Funky Dividends’ just after listening to the LP version, you can hear flourishes, improvs, and piano washes that Chuck is doing in realtime, live. He really played that Mo-fo, lol.

And DJ Woody Wood’s mini mega mix at the very beginning was how they started their shows back then.

I’m a little bit older than you (@terry.330 )-allowed to watch this late-night performance on a school night…Philly people were BUGGING OUT that 3xD got so large so fast, and bringing our styles nationwide. Yes, Jeff and Will hit it bigger, and first; but they were Laurence Welk compared to 3xD being Ausitin City Limits. It was a watershed moment.

I was at the Gallery Mall when security kicked them out because ‘no one was shopping.’ They were getting mobbed like The Beatles. Stopping foot traffic at a damn mall, for autographs.

Last edited: