Search results

1. BlackaneseNiNjA

Capcom’s rivalry with SNK and why Capcom was slow to produce 3D fighting games

Fantastic video from Yoshiki Okamoto :buttrock: The channel is full of industry secrets and is really interesting for those of you who also love learning about the behind-the-scenes world of arcade game development.
  2. BlackaneseNiNjA

“Wanted: Dead” - new game from former Ninja Gaiden devs

Publisher 110 Industries and developer Soleil have announced Wanted: Dead, a high-octane third-person action game in development for Playstation 5, Xbox Series, and PC. It will launch in 2022. Wanted: Dead promises “spectacular melee combat and exciting gunplay,” and is set in a “dark and...
  3. BlackaneseNiNjA

Gamecube optical board problems

For those interested: It might not be a bad idea to preemptively replace the surface mount capacitors on the optical board that sits at the bottom of the gamecube optical drive assembly. I was starting to see some disc reading issues on a unit that was inconsistent with the symptoms of a dirty...
  4. BlackaneseNiNjA

Night Slashers remake announced

Forever Entertainment has signed an agreement with G-Mode to produce a remake of the 1993-released beat ’em up Night Slashers for all major platforms, the company announced. A release date was not announced. For those interested in the original, Night Slashers was made available on Steam...
  5. BlackaneseNiNjA

Valis Collection Announced

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: Valis Collection announced for switch. The collection will include Valis: The Fantasm Soldier, Valis II, and Valis III (No Valis IV though :confused:). Dec 9 digital and physical release.
  6. BlackaneseNiNjA

A Special Talk with Masahiro Sakurai & Katsuhiro Harada

For those interested... Very cool sit-down discussion between Masahiro Sakurai and Katsuhiro Harada:
  7. BlackaneseNiNjA

Pioneer LaserActive Repairs

The other day I was gaming on the LaserActive and experienced some issues when playing one of the LDRom titles. A common problem when working on these units is getting the disc tray out of the locked position to work on the machine components. If the power is turned off and the laser/disc...
  8. BlackaneseNiNjA

“Garou Densetsu Dream” 3D fighting game

“In 1995, following the success of Virtua Fighter 1 and 2, SNK started a 3D adaptation of Fatal Fury tentatively called Garou Densetsu Dream. Each player could choose between 5 camera angles including a first person view.” According to the document below, the game would have featured an 8-way...
  9. BlackaneseNiNjA

Steam Deck Portable PC Games Hardware

Valve has announced Steam Deck, an all-in-one portable PC games hardware. It will launch in December in three versions starting at $399. https://www.gematsu.com/2021/07/valve-announces-steam-deck-portable-pc-games-hardware
  10. BlackaneseNiNjA

IGN Article: The History and Enduring Legacy of Terry Bogard

Pretty cool to see Terry Bogard (one of the greatest video game characters of all time imho :buttrock:) featured in the mainstream like this. Awesome to learn the origin of the iconic “Are you okay?!” line as well :lolz: For those interested: “Terry Bogard, of Fatal Fury and King of Fighters'...
  11. BlackaneseNiNjA

Metroid Dread announced!

!!!!!!! Finally revived after all these years! The sequel to Metroid Fusion is finally here! “Samus’ story continues after the events of the Metroid™ Fusion game when she descends upon planet ZDR to investigate a mysterious transmission sent to the Galactic Federation. The remote planet has...
  12. BlackaneseNiNjA

Neo Geo Legends book?

Just saw this pop up. Is anyone familiar with this 2021 book project? “Neo Geo Legends Advanced Entertainment Book”:
  13. BlackaneseNiNjA

Fatal Fury beat em up fangame

Stumbled across this Fatal Fury 1 beat em up fangame. It’s been around for a few years but it looks like a fun play for those interested: Made with the OpenBor engine Was this made by a member here?
  14. BlackaneseNiNjA

Happy Birthday Montatez

Happy Birthday Montatez! I hope all is well homie :buttrock:
  15. BlackaneseNiNjA

Happy Birthday Spike Spiegel!

Happy Birthday, Spike! I hope it’s a good one! :buttrock:
  16. BlackaneseNiNjA

SNK, Ragnagard, and Battle Master...

When I'm not playing neo geo games, then I'm usually hunting around for SNK/Neo Geo-related information. This time, I was searching around for information about Ragnagard/Shin Ou Ken and stumbled upon a fantastic interview by Heidi Kemps at Gaming.moe. The interview is with Akihiro Takanami who...
  17. BlackaneseNiNjA

Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection compilation announced for Switch

For those interested: SNK will release a compilation of its “Neo Geo Pocket Color Selection” titles for Switch, the company announced. The compilation will include the following titles: SNK Gals’ Fighters Samurai Shodown! 2 King of Fighters R-2 The Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny Fatal Fury...
  18. BlackaneseNiNjA

SNK vs. Capcom: The MotM rated for Switch in Korea

The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has rated SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium for Switch. https://www.gematsu.com/2021/01/snk-vs-capcom-the-match-of-the-millennium-rated-for-switch-in-korea One of my all-time favorites. It’ll be awesome to see this one with proper...
  19. BlackaneseNiNjA

Grand Exile for Switch & PC

I'm not normally one for kickstarters, but this game looks fantastic for those of us who like 2d combat: There are more videos detailing the combat, etc on their youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi5qZiTTRM5ZAZCm_alj_Ug Twitter: https://twitter.com/picopico256 News...
  20. BlackaneseNiNjA

Streets of Kamurocho, Streets of Rage 2+Yakuza

HyPe: Publisher Sega and developer Empty Clip Studios will release Streets of Kamurocho, a mashup of Streets of Rage 2 and the Yakuza series, for PC via Steam on October 17 as part of Sega’s 60th anniversary. It will only be available until October 19 at 10:00 a.m. PT / 2:00 p.m. ET.