Search results

1. Neo Alec

Graphic problems with AES AEC

Yeah, you're probably right the solution will be somewhere else. FYI, I pulled the signal from pin 10 of the CXA1145P. Should have a 470 ohm resistor and a 220uF cap.
  2. Neo Alec

Reviving a Neo Geo MVS: Help with choosing a 2 or 4 Slot PCB

You have the memory card board (not easy to source) so get the 4-slot. Looks like you even have the wiring harness for the memory card board, which is lucky. My cab was missing that so I had to source that separately. The 2-slot has to be slotted directly into the front of the cab to get...
  3. Neo Alec

Graphic problems with AES AEC

I've had good luck just grabbing attenuated TTL sync instead of using the sync output by the Sony encoder.
  4. Neo Alec

Why AES joystick balls crack

I don't think I've ever owned any that weren't already cracked.
  5. Neo Alec

Microsoft buying Activision blizzard for 68.7 billion

It's only a matter of time before the big players gobble up and "consolidate" most of the major developers. I'm not sure if Sony has the resources MS has, and not sure where this will eventually leave Nintendo.
  6. Neo Alec

*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

I'm used to seeing the Fun Fun Bros with this music, so I had the opposite impression. Seems generic enough to work either way. Fun Fun Bros looks complete too, so I'm guessing they saw no reason to make all-new music when the previous iterations were left unreleased. I think they must have...
  7. Neo Alec

Now that I've seen it play, using the sunshines and all, I want to play this even more. Wow. In-game music is identical to Fun Fun Brothers. I wonder how much of the soundtrack is shared.
  8. Neo Alec

Neo Geo 4 slot fails after 5 min

Check if the voltage regulators and chips are getting very hot. Check the voltages coming from your power supply.
  9. Neo Alec

Neo-Geo AES graphics corrupted / display issue

Just a suggestion: If you don't have one already, I think a cheapo ~$15 multimeter would help a lot, and is good to have in your arsenal if you may be buying faulty systems in the future.
  10. Neo Alec

Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

Is your MVS setup somewhere running in attract mode all the time? I ask because it sounds cool. For me, I rarely leave the 4-slot running, so I didn't even think to test this.
  11. Neo Alec

Finally got a PS5

That's the spirit! Maybe not on console, but you know that stuff is coming, if it hasn't already arrived (pun intended).
  12. Neo Alec

Finally got a PS5

Pretty much. But give someone the tools like a new Unreal Engine that can load up an entire city without draw/pop-in or stopping to load, with tiny details being realistically simulated, and maybe someone will come up with something new and novel that also won't interest us old farts.
  13. Neo Alec

Finally got a PS5

Haha. Well, you have to keep in mind this stuff isn't made for us anymore. Look at the top gaming videos on Youtube -- The ones I've seen might as well be in a foreign language. This industry is bigger than it was back in our time. It's not like they're going to stop making new consoles and...
  14. Neo Alec

Finally got a PS5

Check out the Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 demo. Last gen is really holding PS5 back, especially due to the memory limitations. Unless devs start building completely separate games for next gen, you're really not going to be seeing what your $500 truly got you.
  15. Neo Alec

Neo Geo RAM Codes

It could be just my luck so far, but I was able to get these to work if the first part is 00000000: :ridhero:00000000:100C1C:00000099:FFFFFFFF:Infinite Money [STORY MODE] I put 100C1C as the memory location, and 00000099 for the value. There doesn't seem to be a place to edit anything further...
  16. Neo Alec

Neo Geo RAM Codes

Does anyone know how to get the codes that don't begin with 00000000 working on the Unibios, or are they just not possible on the Unibios?
  17. Neo Alec

NEO SD Boot

It's TO's proprietary front end for their flash cart. I'm sure someone could make a much better emulator front end.
  18. Neo Alec

It won't work. Sun Shine isn't a regional variant of Block Paradise. It's an earlier version of the game.
  19. Neo Alec

Finally got a PS5

As much as I agree that PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are the shit... I just can't go back to the load times.
  20. Neo Alec

Fake insert?

Don't buy from someone who can't tell you what they have.