Search results

1. bokmeow

FS: Matrimelee NGH, Neo Geo Pocket Games, many rares

UPDATED 9 February: Card Fighters 2: Expand Edition & King of Fighters: Battle de Paradice — SOLD OUT Neo Geo Pocket games, listed by rows: #1: Card Fighters 2: Expand Edition (JPN) - $SOLD | Cardfighter's Clash: SNK Ver. (JPN, no manual, tear in box tab) - $10 | Cool Cool Jam (JPN) - $30 |...
  2. bokmeow

20 years ago today, it was.....

And then things were good.
  3. bokmeow

Soooo, I ordered an Nvidia Shield today

I am so confused by the marketing minds that went into creating Ouya and Shield. Basic console gaming economics has always depended upon licensing agreements with developers, which helps the console build up its software library right? Shield streams games from your PC, and Ouya plays Android...
  4. bokmeow

R.I.P. SnowKitty

Age 24 is too young to go. I didn't know SnowKitty personally but losing him is a tragedy. :(
  5. bokmeow

Low-balling asshats

You don't have to answer lowballing. Just tell the other person that there are a lot of people waiting in line, so kindly vacate your asshat offer. Always worked for me. Also don't take no shit from anyone who tells you that you're lowballing yourself by setting your asking price below market...
  6. bokmeow

This week in Islam: 8 yr old bride dies on wedding night, if from sex

Lemony, I was just thinking that, it was not meant to drag you out to disavow FLDS yet again. Wikipedia lists it as a fundamentalist offshot that practices Mormonism, as it was once practiced in 19th century. Just as you say, LDS want nothing to do with FLDS.
  7. bokmeow

Well, I got an email from a moderator about this, so I had to look it up, 'cos I thought I was mixing idiomatic expressions. Turns out I'm in the clear. dig one's own grave Fig. to be responsible for one's own downfall or ruin. dig your own grave to do something stupid that will cause...
  8. bokmeow

Just looking them up on Wikipedia suggests you earned 3 strikes. "bacha bazi" is indigenous to Afghanistan only, female circumcision dates back to ancient Egypt, and child brides well, it can be found in all sorts of cultures. A sect of Mormons notably practice it still, and subsequently became...
  9. bokmeow

Keep digging your own grave, racist.
  10. bokmeow

Jackie Chan is dead?

I don't think so.
  11. bokmeow

Do I sense passive aggressiveness. A lot of news media pick up The Onion articles frequently and run with it too, so what's your point. Don't hate just 'cos I point out there is dispute about the veracity of the reporting. Note that I also in no way make light of the problem of exploiting...
  12. bokmeow

Favorite Neo Geo Pocket or Pocket Color games?

I second pretty much all the suggestions made thus far, and will add the following personal favorites: Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams Delta Warp Faselei! Ganbare Neo-Poke Kun Neo Turf Masters (Big Tournament Golf) Puyo Pop (Puyo Puyo 2)
  13. bokmeow

Well, not the first time a story was concocted about still living individuals. Sells papers maybe? Anyways, the journalist insists that it's true, but government officials, and an independent children's rights organization in Yemen says the story is false. The journalist has to protect his...
  14. bokmeow

Former SNK developers crowd funding Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm

Short of pressure from a lawsuit, I doubt it. How much crackdown did the government bring upon the financial institutions following the housing meltdown? Exactly. And the weak rules are being further weakened even right now.
  15. bokmeow

Latest news update says this story is false. Not saying that child brides aren't a problem though, and I know a lot of friends who have worked for NGOs that campaign against exploitation of women and underaged girls. You hear about a lot of moneyed people from the gulf, rich from oil wealth...
  16. bokmeow

Former SNK developers crowd funding Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm

How is that actually legal? I thought the point of the crowdfunding was to put supporters in the seat of directly supporting creators. PayPal is doing something very fishy here.
  17. bokmeow

Shantae HD Kickstarter project

It is really weird that her skin complexion has lightened up so much. Continuity problem! I may write WayForward technologies about this, it's already really weird that Hollywood and television pull this kind of shit, but for video games to join the trend…
  18. bokmeow

Shantae HD Kickstarter project

Y No iOS release? Well I hope a Steam release means MacOSX will be covered. I'm in.
  19. bokmeow

Syria

NY Times tries a bit of old fashioned redaction on the debate surrounding Syria. But in the age of the internet, such attempts is akin to showing your tail to the world:
  20. bokmeow

Syria

Oh snap.