Search results

1. A

How old is this forum now?

Forum was obviously more exciting in the early days: new official AES releases, NGPC in stores, the NGF KOF 2000 AES English debates... Even several years ago when TonK had that Aero Fighters 3 AES thread. That AeroFighters 3 topic was an ominous sign of where the community was heading really...
  2. A

The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

You can argue all kind of things as commercial success goes for Third Strike compared to Street Fighter 2: the rise in popularity of 3D fighters (Super Smash Bros., Tekken 3, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter 3, DOA 2, and Mortal Kombat 4 to name a few), the relative ease of accessibility of those...
  3. A

I was actually pretty amused reading that post, never met someone with such animosity to Street Fighter 3: Third Strike before. The accusation of being a Capcom employee was especially entertaining. I completely disagree btw, especially on the music. The rap songs made the atmosphere fresh...
  4. A

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike is arguably the best playing fighter of all time. Imo, it has never been surpassed. The controls were absolute perfection, top tier hand-drawn sprites, amazing soundtrack. Gill resurrecting after defeating him added that extra X factor you don't forget. It's the...
  5. A

Analogue Co announces Analogue Pocket w/ NGPC support

I read about this in Retro Gamer and very interested if they can add an attachment NGPC style clicky d-pad. Otherwise, I can only really see playing Card Fighters Clash regularly on this. Part of what made fighters magic on the NGPC were the amazing controls.
  6. A

MiSTer FPGA Neo Geo core

Thanks for the detail! CPS addition looks good. Will be watching this project for a while.
  7. A

MiSTer FPGA Neo Geo core

Do you have the regular 'Drive' version or the 'Slim' that's out of stock currently. What's the primary difference between the two?
  8. A

The struggle to not cash in on Neo Geo AES consoles and games..

As the market goes... The constant conversions/reproductions (getting close to perfect replicas to the eye test) will make it difficult eventually to figure out what's legit or not without checking the boards. And if you're a collector buying a rare cart for 5K, do you really want to open it up...
  9. A

ACA NeoGeo Samurai Shodown V Special Out.

I wish they launched straight into the game without the menu in the beginning. Also, there should be an AES mode available.
  10. A

Exa-arcadia, the new neo geo?

It looks cool but pretty expensive. You could buy a serious computer or even a car for one of these kits. Sure, you could say that about many Neo-Geo AES games today but none of them originally launched with an MSRP in the thousands range. It's almost impossible to recreate that wow factor of...
  11. A

Samurai Shodown Shockbox Gold Edition (Switch)

NGPC back on the scene! Would be great if they follow up by releasing the whole library, especially Card Fighters' Clash. And imo one of the most underrated titles ever, Biomotor Unitron. Hope they feature a stretch option like Capcom does on all their modern day collections. At minimum, keep...
  12. A

Piko Interactive acquired an unreleased Neo Geo game.

Cool, looking forward to see what the AES covers will look like!
  13. A

Piko Interactive acquired an unreleased Neo Geo game.

Will you be releasing these titles as AES carts as well or only MVS? I noticed you referenced MVS in your example.
  14. A

Polymega system claims to now run neo geo cd games with faster load times

Thanks for the info! That makes the system much more enticing then, having the whole Saturn library in one place alone would be amazing.
  15. A

Polymega system claims to now run neo geo cd games with faster load times

So, if you install a Sega Saturn or Neo Geo CD game on this console, you wouldn't need the original disc always in the tray? It would run off an internal hard drive/flash drive? Or is disc-less play only possible if you buy from the proposed digital storefront like modern consoles?
  16. A

What Would You Think Of Licensed Reissue Carts?

The real question is would they still cost $300 - $500 a pop at launch or have a more relaxed pricing scheme. Realistically collectors would probably buy them either way but the market would again be closed off to casuals.
  17. A

prototype Magical Drop 3 SNK NEO GEO MVS rare Startup Checked

I notice it says it 'ships in a dissembled state' so you also have to put it back together after purchasing it.
  18. A

most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

Awesome, Kazuki confirmed!
  19. A

Neo Geo AES commercial 90's USA

I remember this Neo Geo Pocket Color US commercial airing on TV: Even mentioned being able to link to the Sega Dreamcast!
  20. A

SNK partners with Koei Tecmo with next gen Mai Shiranui and Kula Diamond

Cool! Wonder how Kula's moveset will translate to DOA, Mai was a fun addition in DOA 5: Last Round. SNK has been very open about collaborating with their characters the last few years. Geese in Tekken 7, Terry Bogard in Fighting EX Layer etc. Surprising there hasn't been a guest character in...