Search results

1. SouthtownKid

China is trippin’…

Not to correct you, but I believe the prefered spelling in most of the Arab world is a bunch of unintelligible squiggles.
  2. SouthtownKid

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

I wouldn't really try to sell it to anyone. It's more of a "That wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be" kind of movie. It falls short of being something I'd recommend. I mean, I'd much sooner recommend the A-Team remake than Point Break remake. Plus, if your choice is that or The...
  3. SouthtownKid

Remake isn't bad as its own thing. They updated it for modern times by having the criminals be environmental activist nutjobs, which was kind of interesting. It isn't bad at all, and a well above average action movie, although by no means required viewing. But if you have absolutely nothing...
  4. SouthtownKid

Funnily enough, I had the opposite experience in that I didn't like Living Daylights that much when I saw it in the theater. And I don't know why, because I had been ready for Moore to step down 2 movies before that. But it really grew on me the more I rewatched it. And yeah, I loved that...
  5. SouthtownKid

Things you've never done that most everyone else has

far and away the oddest hat I've ever seen.
  6. SouthtownKid

Things you've never done that most everyone else has

Never watched Avatar, any Disney animated movie from Little Mermaid until the present day, or Gone With the Wind. Haven't watched about half of the Marvel movies, and I wish I'd stopped sooner.
  7. SouthtownKid

It's got the last great John Barry James Bond score. He never did another. And after that, Bond movies had pretty much all garbage film scores for the next 20 years. The Goldeneye score is fine as its own thing, but it's not Bond music. And David Arnold doing a sad Barry immitation with bad...
  8. SouthtownKid

Lisa Marie Presley dead at 54.

Hard to wrap my head around Tina Turner being 83. She kind of froze in time for me around Thunderdome. Then there are others where I have the opposite reaction. Like Iggy Pop who seemed 50 when he was in his 20s. Also, it's funny how they left Keith Richards off the list, as if they were...
  9. SouthtownKid

Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

That character in the first pic is a weird look. Flabby belly rolls and fishnet stockings?
  10. SouthtownKid

In some ways, I like it more than the original. The original has some slight racial commentary, or at least more overt racial commentary, but its attitude toward women is caveman days. Original Barbara is worthless beyond belief. I also like new Ben better, not just because he's played by a...
  11. SouthtownKid

Alec Baldwin Brandon Lee'd someone

A bunch of people walked off set a day or so before, citing lack of saftey protocols. And guess what? Baldwin's was supposedly the THIRD accidental firearm discharge on set while making this movie. One was completely harmless, the other was someone shooting themselves in the foot. There's a...
  12. SouthtownKid

Tax question

If you register as a Black Israelite, you don't have to pay anything. You're welcome.
  13. SouthtownKid

Cobra Kai: Anyone watching?

I've enjoyed it for the cartoony trash tv it was, but I'm glad they have the sense to end it.
  14. SouthtownKid

Also, I don't know where this was filmed or where he'll be tried, but Alec better pray it's not Orange County or Arizona or something. Because they'll kill him in Trump Country. They'll unanimously find him guilty on all counts and throw in some extra stuff besides.
  15. SouthtownKid

Actually, it should be Alec. He wasn't just the actor. He was in charge of the entire production. He's the guy who took shortcuts as well as firing the guy who should have been in charge of safety, and figured he could save a few dollars by not hiring someone qualified to replace the guy. So...
  16. SouthtownKid

What popped your gaming cherry?

Space Invaders. Probably at some pizza parlor or something. Then Asteroids at a liquor store between elementary school and home. Then Defender and Pac-Man at the same liquor store.
  17. SouthtownKid

Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

The kid's parents are probably praying nightly to whatever deity they worship and any others that might be listening that he doesn't still want to play with the toy robots by the time he reaches 15.
  18. SouthtownKid

Kitties 4 Lyfe

Mental illness. But so is hoarding chinese legos.
  19. SouthtownKid

Bobak Sighting

Dude hasn't fucking aged!
  20. SouthtownKid

The Comic Book Thread

Conan. Which was 50 issues. It was followed by a bunch of sequel series... Conan the Cimmerian, Conan the Barbarian, Conan the something else, I don't remember them all or the order they came out. And really, I can only speak to the quality of the first series. I don't know if the same...