Search results

1. Tarma

Neo Geo games you just don't rate

In the grand scheme of things, while I understand your criticism, the mechanics of it makes no difference to the gameplay. First, the precedent for having all the POWs the same sprite was set by Gunforce II where they're all the same sprite (a cheerleader?). Second, the POWs are a scoring...
  2. Tarma

What Are Your "Essential" KOF Games?

An essential KoF, by any standard, is one that was produced between 1994 & 2000 inclusive. Anything outside of those dates is just bullshit lie.
  3. Tarma

SOTM July 2024 - Truxton II

I'm just waiting until July 31st before I do my mic drop. Not making the same mistake I made with Harmful Park!!!! :D ;)
  4. Tarma

Happy Birthday Takumaji

HBD Tak!!
  5. Tarma

(SOLD)FS WAKU WAKU 7

What about the carpet?
  6. Tarma

I suppose it's sometimes easy to lose sight of the fact that the Neo Geo is an arcade platform, and essentially the AES console was a glorified supergun. But interestingly, I bet if we looked back at the PlayStation's library, there's probably only a fraction of games that we'd individually...
  7. Tarma

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

If you want to watch / own the original trilogy before George lost the plot, then Laserdisc is your friend.
  8. Tarma

Oh, totally agree. Some of the later SNES and MD games were graphically awesome, but I'm not sure it's totally fair to compare games like Star Fox and Virtua Racer with what the Neo did... personally I'm more than happy we did not see anyone try to put a polygon game on Neo hardware, and the...
  9. Tarma

Tonight’s debate

10. Tarma

lol, I can't believe I never consciously noticed the differences between the MS2 and MSX OSTs until now! Even "Assault Theme" is remixed - the horn sections are better... Did they ever do an official OST release for MSX? I know there was one for 2.
  11. Tarma

Memorial, thanks

My condolences... We've got four little furry fuckers in our house, and I don't even want to contemplate what it would do to me if I lost any of them. Maybe with the passage of time you'll be able to let another into your life. He or she may not fill the void of Garth, but they may help you...
  12. Tarma

It's ironic to me that several have mentioned MotW... I remember getting the homecart not too long after it came out in Japan and could not understand why people were going nuts about it... I was like "give me RBS over this any day"... but since re-acquiring it a few years ago, I appreciate it a...
  13. Tarma

I was wondering this... IIRC the end credit theme is remixed, and is probably one of the best tracks in the series imo (nothing will ever best "Assault Theme"). But I think all the other tracks are the same. :scratch:
  14. Tarma

And I remember the reviews were very hit and miss as well, with games like Nam 1975 and Magician Lord getting raves, but the likes of Top Players Golf and Puzzled perhaps scraping a mediocre score at best, but generally receiving unfavorable feedback. I think Nam 1975 still holds up really...
  15. Tarma

This thread wasn't really intended to look at the games with hindsight... I see where you're coming from, and the collective opinions (positive & negative) have a voice they did not have back in the day (thanks to the internet) - but, for example, I've never liked the World Heroes games, and...
  16. Tarma

Riding Hero is just plain trash. You could put it in an original Super Hang-On ride on cab and it would still be total garbage. Driftout is a lot of fun, and actually, it probably wouldn't work all that well with a wheel due to its isometric layout - it's not like Super Off-Road or the Sprint...
  17. Tarma

We'll build a wall.
  18. Tarma

Tonight’s debate

19. Tarma

This is one of the things that gets me with the wider perception of the Neo Geo as a console - that is was this amazing format for shmups. Is. It. Bollocks. Let's see: Andro Dunos is an average Gradius rip-off at best - and, ironically, another game I can't understand why some people get all...
  20. Tarma

So, off of the back of Sage's thread on SvC, I think most of can agree that it is a flawed game that is not particularly well rated amongst Neo Geo fans, but there are a few people who like it for what it is. But what about the flip side? Focusing mainly on the OG SNK era, what games were...