Search results

1. BlackaneseNiNjA

SNK: New Art of Fighting game and Samurai Showdown ARPG in the works, New secret games

AoF was previously talked about, but I’m glad to see SNK attempting to branch out with SS :buttrock:
  2. BlackaneseNiNjA

What anime are you watching?

Finishing Kaiju No. 8 put us in the mood to rewatch Guyver (ova’s and 2005 series):
  3. BlackaneseNiNjA

What's the deal with these HitBox Arcade Controllers?

To each their own, but these setups always remind me of the early days of playing FTG’s on pc using mame, kawaks, final burn alpha, etc with just a keyboard back in the day lol
  4. BlackaneseNiNjA

Which of your favorites games would you have liked a second part?

Since everyone already mentioned Garou, I’ll add Ninja Gaiden (arcade). I wish the neo geo sequel to the original Ninja Gaiden arcade beat em up could have seen a full release:
  5. BlackaneseNiNjA

Games By Other Publishers/Platforms that Remind You A lot of Neo Games

Daraku Tenshi is an obvious one, but it has to be here lol Maybe the upcoming complete edition will see release eventually: https://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/daraku-tenshi-complete-edition.261033/
  6. BlackaneseNiNjA

Chaos Code on ps3, switch and steam has been one of my favorites over the past decade. Awesome fighter with a lot of snk callbacks and flair. Also has a sequel on the way: https://store.steampowered.com/app/536560/CHAOS_CODE_NEW_SIGN_OF_CATASTROPHE/
  7. BlackaneseNiNjA

Commando: Steel Disaster on nintendo ds. This one wears its inspiration on its sleeves:
  8. BlackaneseNiNjA

Battle Master - Kyuukyoku no Senshitachi on super famicom. This one was actually originally planned to be a neo geo game before it was declined by SNK. I’ll include a link to a previous post about the details for those interested below...
  9. BlackaneseNiNjA

Dual Blades on gameboy advance also has its fair share of gameplay and sprite influences from Samurai Shodown. There’s also a sequel called “Dual Souls” formerly (Slashers: The Power Battle) available on steam, etc to check out: https://store.steampowered.com/app/361100/Dual_Souls_The_Last_Bearer/
  10. BlackaneseNiNjA

Gekido Advance on gameboy advance. I went into detail about the neo geo sprite influences in this one in a previous post a while back: https://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/garou-motw-gekido-kintaros-revenge.258657/ An updated version of this title is available on steam, switch...
  11. BlackaneseNiNjA

Shinki Mikami talking about God Hand

For fellow God Hand fans who may not have seen this interview: I sincerely hope this amazing game will see a rerelease on steam someday.
  12. BlackaneseNiNjA

Marvel VS Capcom Fighting Collection

Hyped to pick up this collection and we’re big fans of MSH over here. Lil man has been celebrating/looking forward to having it on his switch (with playable bosses) by beating it on the cab repeatedly. I didn’t realize he’d be so excited to have the game portable on his system lol Edit 3rd time...
  13. BlackaneseNiNjA

Metal Slug Attack: Reloaded Released

Picked this up last week on steam as well following the announcement. Would love to see the King of Fighters All Star beat em up game get a similar treatment for steam. It’s been ages since I’ve logged in to play it, but the growing playable roster in that game was always more fun than it had...
  14. BlackaneseNiNjA

"What Was Briefly Yours Is Now Mine": The PC Port Thread

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2634890/MARVEL_vs_CAPCOM_Fighting_Collection_Arcade_Classics/
  15. BlackaneseNiNjA

FATAL FURY: City of the Wolves Announcment Trailer

I lived long enough to finally see it happen. Terry Bogard is having a decade.
  16. BlackaneseNiNjA

Nintendo Switch

IGS Classic Arcade Collection physical release in august for those interested. Titles included in the collection: - Knights of Valour: Superheroes - Knights of Valour Plus - Knights of Valour 2 – Nine Dragons - Oriental Legend - Oriental Legend: Spooky - Martial Masters - Demon Front - The...
  17. BlackaneseNiNjA

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Yo no worries dude, that statement wasn’t meant to call you out in particular. That’s just where most (english) write-ups regarding the mechanics begin and end (BBH noted the same lack of english resources when he started his 1CC attempts). Your content always reflects a lot of well-researched...
  18. BlackaneseNiNjA

+1 SNK always pulled character ideas from popular culture, manga, anime, etc at the time. They didn’t hide their influences for this one at all lol Red Dragon=Great Muta, etc
  19. BlackaneseNiNjA

Come on Neo Alec, you know as well as I do that a dizzy status in any 90’s fighting game from that era can mean instant death in any competitive player match. FTG’s started adding stamina, block, and break status gauges to their games for that very reason, to give players a better understanding...
  20. BlackaneseNiNjA

This could be said for the hidden stamina/dizzy meters present in pretty much every fighting game though. There is no dizzy meter visible to the player in SF2 or the majority of other FTG’s from that era. The starting animation of the characters upon initiating the grapple, always gives the...