Search results

1. S

Neo Diagnostics ROMs

This is something I started a long time ago but only got off the backburner recently. In a nutshell, it's a pair of diagnostic ROMs that's supposed to do a better job of error reporting. Ideally it ends up saving hours of trying to find the cause compared to what the original BIOS does for you...
  2. S

Metal Slug X fix (dead Altera chip)

I posted this in fremen's troubleshooting thread but I'm making a proper thread incase anyone interested missed it. This is to get dead MSX carts working again if the MAX chip died. I put some info and repair stuff is on the wiki. I'll finish the second set of instructions after I poke around...
  3. S

USB arcade sticks

Not sure if this belongs here or unrelated.. I'd like a decent USB stick for MAME and whatever else. Can I get some input from anyone who uses a PC compatible stick? I'm having a look at local stores sometime this week but I doubt the selection will be any good. It has to have that 8 button...
  4. S

has any decent research been done with CPS3 carts?

I kind of forgot about all this until I played a 2nd impact machine a few times week. It's been cracked and emulated for years but that doesn't really reveal any in depth info on how the cart functions. MAME doesn't emulate the cart SH2 / has no need to. It just decrypts the BIOS at driver...
  5. S

Checkpoints in Pulstar and Last Resort

I was done adding a few cheats to Pulstar and I was thinking about adding an option to remove the checkpoint system and just have the ship respawn right there. Not really a cheat rather than a change in the game design. It must piss alot of people off, so what does everyone else think of it...
  6. S

for anyone willing to help the SS3 enhancement

I am fixing the hit detection, here are some issues with it that I know of and know how to fix: -hitboxes just aren't large enough for certain close moves. I just widened the hitbox and they connect properly, this one's no problem. -certain animation frames make the character totally...
  7. S

A simple cart mod

I have a thread a little bit down but I can answer my own questions if I just had a dev cart to work with, and I don't know how many people here would be able to answer anyway. CD system would be a good choice but I don't own one and I definitely would not be playing anything on it. Beyond...
  8. S

programmer questions

I have a project running (see sig) that uses the memory card and I would personally like to run on an MVS so I have two questions. I'll try to keep it brief: #1: how much of the 4MB memory card space can the neo actually address? I am pretty sure the BIOS imposes a (possibly arbitrary) limit...
  9. S

yeah hi everyone

giving this another shot since post waiting for moderation seems to be equivalent to instant deleting, they never show up. I wanted this to be the first post but I only just got thread making privileges now. I only just got a recent interest in hacking neo games and I thought I'd register to...