Search results

1. Tarma

Job Hopping

In this day and age I don't understand why anyone would want to stay in the same job into double digits... staying in the same place for too long just makes you professionally stale, and doesn't exactly sing anything positive about your career ambitions either in my opinion. I tend to look at 3...
  2. Tarma

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Bullet Train - Brad Pitt plays a hitman/professional thief whose "bad luck" just brings misfortune to others... who generally also happen to be hitmen / gangsters travelling on a bullet train to Kyoto. It's supposed to be a comedy / action film, but I didn't laugh that much and the action was...
  3. Tarma

Vote on the worst football game for Neo Geo

Super Sidecups '98.
  4. Tarma

For neo, probably. For arcade football games... personally it would be either Taito's Football Champ (aka Hat Trick Hero), or Sega's original Virtua Striker. I don't think any of the SSKs have aged terribly well.
  5. Tarma

lol.... whatever.
  6. Tarma

Either Tecmo World Cup or Goal! Goal! Goal! Futsal ain't great, but definitely not the worst footy game on the Neo.
  7. Tarma

Does the barber cut your eyebrows?

Typical Yorkshireman, no sense of humour. IIRC you're no more from the States than I am, but if you wish to estrange yourself from your heritage, that's your problem twonk.
  8. Tarma

Dude you're from Yorkshire. You've been doing that routine since you were old enough to hold a fucking spoon.
  9. Tarma

A bit of both. I've only experienced it since moving to Canada, so about three years... So long as they don't start trying to thread them and give my nails a french polish, we're all good.
  10. Tarma

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Rutger Hauer double-bill: Wanted: Dead or Alive - Pretty decent action thriller from the mid-80s, Gene Simmons is really good as the bad guy - an almost inspired piece of casting. Shame Hauer wasn't offered more stuff like this before he disappeared into the land of low-rent 90s B-Movies...
  11. Tarma

Happy Birthday Lagduf

HBD Duff!!
  12. Tarma

Unreleased Mega drive shooter announced by Colombia Circle (I think)

All the P47 games were programmed by NMK - Jaleco was just the publisher. I think this was intended for the MD only but got canned for some reason. Still looks interesting.
  13. Tarma

Upscaler in 2024

I've been using the XRGB Framemeister for, probably, a decade now and it still looks great and performs well. That said, I'm hoping to get a Tink 4K later this year - although this is most likely to be used in my home cinema set-up to replace a DVDO VP50 Pro used for LD play back. The Tink 4K...
  14. Tarma

Project Neon - possible neogeo shmup in the works

I hope the finished Japanese insert actually has the spine in kanji and the meg count in the proper red-box format. Otherwise, artwork looks good.
  15. Tarma

Beef's Farts! Uhhh... Carts.

One more post to go until you can hit up those market forums.... oooooh I can't wait!!
  16. Tarma

Beef's Farts! Uhhh... Carts.

Me too - right after seeing this thread!
  17. Tarma

Happy Birthday, 8man

@joe8 he's a twat. I couldn't care less how many AES games he has... and neither could anyone else. Hence, his absence.... a sad loss to all the big tymers who liked rubbing tips with him, I'm sure.
  18. Tarma

Post Your Recent Purchases!

I'd like to know which collects dust faster - his homecarts or his transformers? :unsure:
  19. Tarma

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Keeping the packaging, for me, was never about "collecting" or keeping the "value"... it was just about keeping everything together... and I've been so minded since I got my first Mega Drive in the early 90s. Fortunately, our house has more walk-in closets than occupants, so all the boxes live...
  20. Tarma

Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

Christ, we'll all be dead before any of that crap gets released.