Search results

1. 2

Neo-Geo Arcade Stick Pro (set to English, but still in Japanese)

Just got an Arcade Stick Pro off Amazon, the system's default language is set to English, yet all the games/logos/speech/font are in Japanese. SamSho2 is Shin Samurai Spirits and I don't get that beautifully brutal Engrish text intro. Same issue for all games; Fatal Fury 3's spoken intro is all...
  2. 2

Sigma Raijin Supergun...what's a good price?

Hey all. I've owned a Sigma Raijin supergun for years now and it's still in great shape, has the AV cables and power cord. The Jamma harness needs to be replaced but I've been thinking of parting with it recently and whether it's worth it to purchase a new harness before selling. These seem to...
  3. 2

360 Reach console price increases by $70...

I've been on the fence about getting a 360 for a while, and have been monitoring how long these systems will be made. While checking out the prices on amazon, I noticed it had gone up from $399 to $450. I looked at Bungie's online store; the price had gone up there, too. On my way home from work...
  4. 2

Do you ever feel like condensing your gaming collection/purchases?

I know this probably isn't the best place to ask. Still, sometimes the clutter associated with owning multiple systems/games can bog you down and make you wonder why you're still doing it. You look at all the stuff you've piled up and it's almost like a sense of buyer's remorse. I'd love to get...
  5. 2

Sigma Raijin supergun, bottom 3 "kick" buttons don't work

An old member here -- I think his name was Nikke -- had a very cool store/website that used to sell Sigma brand superguns. I still have the Raijin version (two sticks together w/6-button "SFII" setups), but the thing is a total pain in the butt to work with because the harness is so fragile...
  6. 2

Thoughts on Dragon Warrior VII?

Kind of late to the party, as I've yet to play DQVIII (it's en route right now). It seems like a typical rare Enix U.S. title, as they fetch $100+ on eBay new, and it slipped through the cracks at the tail end of the PS1's life cycle. I kind of dig the soupy sprites/polygon mishmash ala Vandal...
  7. 2

Any reason to own a 360 over a PS3 these days?

Just saying. Demon's Souls looks awesome, the Uncharted series is getting terrific reviews, Blu-Ray over standard DVD (not really a factor for me, personally), God of War III is just around the bend and looks outstanding, free online, no worries about the RROD, superior version of Dragon Age...
  8. 2

Best gaming investment you DIDN'T make.

A couple of years ago, I was on a retro-train of thought and convinced myself I was going to go all the way with the Atari Jaguar. There were still plenty of brand-new systems (including CD) on eBay. I had a boat-load of auctions all bookmarked, ready for me to snipe off at the last minute...
  9. 2

Beating f'n DIO in World f'n Heroes 2

Playing WH Anthology and it's driving me nuts. A strategy for each character would help, since he's so damn overpowered it's moronic. Literally tried 30 times with Hanzou this morning and finally said screw it. I've done it with Muscle Power (Muscle Bomber FTW) and Rasputin (basic strong...
  10. 2

Beating AoF2 without going nuckin' futz.

Howdy. I've played AoF2 for the first time on the Anthology PS2 disc, and holy crap is this stuff ridiculous. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating this must have been for home system owners limited to the 4+4 credit system (let alone unlocking Geese). Anyway, this thread was initially...
  11. 2

Has anyone played the CDI Zeldas?

Just curious here. Particularly Zelda's Adventure. I know the cutscenes and voice acting stink, but is there any way you could emulate them on the Xbox? I have vague memories of playing a demo of Link and being impressed with the music; of course, this was the first time I'd played a CD-ROM...
  12. 2

Ibara: pcb vs. port? (noob)

I have a supergun and was wondering how these 2 compare. I don't have a Japanese PS2 and don't speak/read the language, but from what I understand Cave's arcade releases (aside from their ridiculously limited US Progear kits) are all Japanese text anyhow. I'm thinking of purchasing an Ibara...
  13. 2

Opinions wanted on Jade Empire, Death by Degrees, and P.N.03

Just happened upon a bargain bin that included each of these games new for $14.99 each. Most everyone around here seems to have pretty good taste in games, so are any of these worthwhile? Also, for what it's worth, Jade Empire is a "Limited Edition". Is this anything to be excited about, or is...
  14. 2

Delonte West's Valentine's Day Special (sig material galore)

This article originally appeared as a Page 2 feature on espn.com. As a life-long Celtics fan, I thought this article was pretty amusing, and since it's Valentine's Day, why not share it? Delonte's my hero...
  15. 2

New episode of Justice League Unlimited on tonight...

...and it's about freakin' time. 10:30 on CN. Bruce Timm's DC animated shows=the very best of animation. I had to point this out, particularly since it seems this will be the final season. Credit goes to theworldsfinest.com (awesome site for reviews, screen grabs, files, message boards...
  16. 2

Is the Jaguar worth getting for AvP alone?

See topic.
  17. 2

Anyone familiar with the DISCover console?

I guess it was a console that could play virtually every PC game ever released. Companies like Apex and AlienWare were going to come out with their own versions (like how there were different versions of the 3D0) but I haven't heard or seen anything about it recently. Did it ever come out, or is...
  18. 2

Emulation on Dreamcast? (and a question about 2nd Impact)

I remember someone saying there was a way to play PS1 games on DC. I'm really just keeping mine for Soul Blade, so I was wondering if it's true. Can you emulate games from older platforms too ala xbox? The majority of my systems I just keep for one or two titles. Also, is the SF3 double-pack...
  19. 2

Anyone else like King's Quest and/or Quest for Glory?

I really miss the Graphic Adventure genre. Anyway, I haven't played much of either series (KQ 5&6 and QFG1VGA&4) but I can't say enough good things about these titles -- especially KQ6 and QFG4 (even with those annoying bugs). QFG4 is probably the most atmospheric game I've ever seen. The...
  20. 2

Where can I get my CPS3 Red Earth fixed?

God, I'm PISSED. Spent a big chunk of change to get Red Earth (not Warzard) off eBay, and the damn thing just gives me a scramble when I turn the system on. It doesn't help that the game comes with two CDs, and I can't tell which one does what since the guy that sold the thing (who happens to...