Search results

1. C

SOLD: Mystery lot of MVS mini marquees, mini flyers, and DIP sheets

I'm doing this so I don't have to throw original arts in the trash. I'm asking $6 shipped to cover a USPS flat rate envelope to the US only. There's a mix of original and repros. Most of it is in Japanese and I don't feel like translating anything. Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo Original set of mini...
  2. C

WTT: My NEO XYX MVS LE for your NEO XYX MVS RE (CANCELED)

THIS OFFER HAS BEEN CANCELED This game is great, but I don't want all these things that come with the limited edition that I haven't used. I just want a cart to play. I'm looking to make a trade for my: -NEO XYX MVS limited edition -Black wood MVS shell option -Game has been upgraded to...
  3. C

Powder Coating Project

This weekend I took the apart the marquee on my Neo Candy 29 to work on replacing the speakers because I want better sound. It got me thinking about how scratched up this cab has become during its life. It suffered a lot more external damage during my last couple of moves and storage time...
  4. C

France to USPS Package Tracking

I bought an item earlier in April from someone on another forum (shmups.system11.org), but I haven't got any package yet. I contacted the seller today to see if he had any status update. He gave me a French tracking number to use on Colissimo.fr. The latest status there says: "26/04/2013: Your...
  5. C

Long Term Cab Storage

As my life continues to go down the tubes, I'm now forced to put all my gaming stuff (and everything I own) in storage for an undetermined amount of time. I'm not ready to start selling off... yet... and hopefully never... I've read about storage for consoles and carts and everything, but does...
  6. C

Where to buy MVS multislot PCB separator screws?

Does anyone know where to buy these metal screws that separate the 2 MVS PCBs? I'm not sure what they're called. My board only came with enough to go around the outside, so I'm trying to strengthen the area underneath the slots with more of them.
  7. C

SOLD: Sega Display Cabinet

I picked this up recently. I need some money so I'm taking offers on it (PM me). It's made of all metal and glass, it's heavy, and in great condition. The metal is a gun metal grey color. All the glass is super clean all over, but it's hard to get a good picture of it. There are glass...
  8. C

Treasure Working on 3DS Exclusive

Yay. http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/treasure-working-on-3ds-exclusive/
  9. C

MVS Stuck in Arcade Protect Mode (UNIBIOS)

I was fooling around with some UNIBIOS options the other day and enabled Arcade Protect, but I cannot get it out of this mode. Here is a list of things I've tried already: 1: Hold A + B + C + test while powering on. This is supposed to be the way to get back into the UNIBIOS menu, but it's...
  10. C

Q: High Res vs Low Res Arcade Monitors

I have a Neo Candy 29 cab and I've tried out a couple of JAMMA boards over the past year or so. I keep seeing threads where people talk about high res vs low games (and monitors) and [XX] khz monitor resolution. I've tried reading up on this, but I'm still not getting it. Can anyone try to...
  11. C

Jockey Grandprix Issue

I got this game a few months ago from someone here, but never actually checked it out until now. It doesn't work. Sometimes I get a UNIBIOS error and sometimes I just get a black screen. I cleaned the cart a few times and also my slots. I noticed a ROM window was exposed, so I covered it up...
  12. C

Raiden II PCB Battery

I am buying a Raiden II JAMMA PCB, but the battery has been removed and I don't know how long it sat like that. Can that permanently damage anything or does it just keep save and settings info?
  13. C

MVS cab to JAMMA board adapter problem?

I bought this adapter (http://www.jammaboards.com/store/jamma-pcb-to-neogeo-mvs-cabinet-adapter-jamma2mvs.html) a few months ago so I could play JAMMA boards in my MVS cab. The JAMMA board I have doesn't play sound without using the adapter, and I keep reading that could damage the audio on the...
  14. C

Turning on a Cab by Switch versus Plug?

Does it matter if you turn on a cab by using the power switch on the internal power supply versus turning it on by leaving the power switch permanently on and just turning the cab on by plugging in the power cord? Does either way prolong the power supply or anything? Does this make sense?
  15. C

Can anyone recommend me on KLOV?

I want to buy something from a member there, but I don't have forum access unless someone recommends me. Can anyone recommend me please? http://forums.arcade-museum.com/member.php?u=50456
  16. C

WTT: Metal Slug 1 US MVS for Metal Slug 1 Japan MVS

Looking to do a straight up trade of my Metal Slug 1 US MVS for a Metal Slug 1 Japan MVS in similar (very good) condition. NOTE: I already found a Metal Slug X, but I'm too lazy to take a new picture and the forum won't let me edit my other thread. http://i52.tinypic.com/b7i0yf.jpg
  17. C

CAVE WORLD 2011: The Android Project

18. C

KOF2000 Daughter Board Purpose?

I got some new MVS carts today and opened them up to clean the contacts. On KOF2000 I noticed there is a daughter board on the PROGLBA board. 1. Why are there edge connectors on this board? 2. What is the purpose of this daughter board?
  19. C

WTB: Japanese 100 Yen Coins

I want to buy about 25 quantity Japanese 100 Yen coins. Is there anyone over there that would be willing to help me out? Local currency conversion places over here don't deal in coins, only paper.
  20. C

MVS Mini Marquees Original Print Material

I recently got a bunch of partial kit pieces with a bunch of Jap MVS carts. The Jap mini marquees are all printed on paper. All of the US mini marquees I have are printed on plastic. Are the Jap ones I got not original, or were they printed differently than the US ones?