Search results

1. yagamikun

What was the first neogeo game you played in an arcade cabinet?

If memory serves correctly, it was Samurai Shodown and Fatal Fury Special in the same cab. I only got to play for a credit each. About 6 months later KOF 94 at Aladdin's Castle was up on one of their huge projection screen monitors and that experience forever changed my perspective of fighting...
  2. yagamikun

Happy Birthday, Mouse Master

What Tak said. :)
  3. yagamikun

Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Anyone see these new Mega Man figures yet? Kinda excited there are finally quality Robot Master figures rather than just the lead cast and big villains. I've always had a thing for Mega Man action figures. Because it's all robots, the joints make sense rather than always looking just out of place.
  4. yagamikun

Upscaler in 2024

Oh interesting! Yeah, the 2X outputs in 480p 4:3 natively. Both of my modern TVs (an LG and Samsung) support low-latency modes in either screen ratio - just had to reset the ratio after turning on game mode. If you have good response times without game mode, though, might be okay for you.
  5. yagamikun

Upscaler in 2024

I've been using a RetroTink 2X/2X Pro for years. The Pro has a scanline filter, and it's a no fuss, plug and play solution. You can get the 2X Scart which also has a scanline mode - although, I don't use scanline filters on modern displays, so your milage may vary. If I want scanlines, I have a...
  6. yagamikun

Bunch of shit for trade.

Might want to drop the price on the Analogue Duo - it's still for sale on their web store for $250 for immediate shipment. ;)
  7. yagamikun

The 1999 game selection - your favorites?

Thank you! Somebody that agrees with my Ganryu assessment. Some Visco games are excellent (Breaker's Revenge, Drift Out series, Andro, etc.) while their late 90's releases were sub-par at best. I'm still waiting for an explanation (probably budget, etc.) how we went from this absolutely...
  8. yagamikun

The 1999 game selection - your favorites?

From 1999? MSX is definitely my favorite release of the year, followed by KOF 99, then Garou, then Strikers. That's me in my 40's talking, though. I think if I were to put myself in my 18 year old shoes from 1999, I would have said Garou, then KOF, then MSX. Tastes change over time.
  9. yagamikun

Generic Shit on LinkedIn

My career is in HR Talent Management, and I've had to sit back and watch LinkedIn take over both recruiting and development in all organizations I've worked in over the last decade. Like it or not, if you want a corpo job these days, it's more or less imperative to interact with it in one way or...
  10. yagamikun

So how many of you goobs own NGH/AES games?

This is the way...
  11. yagamikun

SOLD: Arcade1Up Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder Cab

SOLD $325 Local pick up only. No box. Perfect condition and barely used. Includes instructions. Games Included: Golden Axe RoDA, Golden Axe, Shinobi, Altered Beast, Wrestle War I live about 20 minutes east of Downtown Cincinnati along the river. Thought I'd test this out here before dealing...
  12. yagamikun

FS: Ninja Masters Mook, Broken Authentic AES Snaplock

Bump - New Items Added
  13. yagamikun

Official SNK Shock Box via Limited Run

@Tarma When did you get your snaplocks from NeoOldStore? I think these are way different than I what I got from them a while back. Also, thanks for the new shots from Limited Run! I remember not long ago they were "out of stock" of their Snaplocks and it looks like they went with a new...
  14. yagamikun

Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

Picked up some new Square-Enix PlayArts Kai FF7 Remake figures - Red XIII and Cloud. I've always loved Red's design, and Cloud is just iconic. Kinda like the Storm Collectibles figures, sometimes the PlayArts figures absolutely nail the look/feel of a character while others are just...off. I...
  15. yagamikun

What's Your Favorite Item in Your SNK Collection?

I missed the Hanzou figure - still banging my head for that as it seems to be sold out everywhere. It looks like a great design! I do have Iori and Haohmaru, though, and have Ryo and K' on pre-order. Also snagged Demitri from Darkstalkers a while back. I love the Storm line for sure. Most of...
  16. yagamikun

King of Fighters 94: Team Edit hack

According to the KOF Visual History book, it sounds like this limitation was due to, or at least heavily influenced by, only having two weeks to balance the characters - not just hit strength but also hit box placement, the frame a move would connect on, etc. Basically, because of the time...
  17. yagamikun

KoF XIV…or how I became less of a curmudgeon

It's a different game. Full-stop. There are a few fighting games where I'll say with full confidence that I'm quite good, and SS3 is one of them. SS3, no matter the version, is a polarizing game and always has been. It's absolutely dangerous, and one of the most honest footsies games of...
  18. yagamikun

KoF XIV…or how I became less of a curmudgeon

Samurai Shodown 2019 - I'm a staunch SS3 evangelist (yes, THREE). While I enjoy all the SS games to one degree or another (except 6, it's trash), 3 is by far my barometer for what I look for in an SS game. When SS 2019 came out, I just passed it over for the first couple years and didn't even...
  19. yagamikun

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

Did you notice that the bar background is Mac's Bar from AOF 1 as well - Bar Street Stars? And the lady in purple with short blond hair sitting at a table in the background looks very much like King. Aside from Marco, we may see some more AOF love in the roster if this is any indication. I...
  20. yagamikun

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

Justin Wong and Maximillian both got to play it, and their overviews were very informative as well - they went pretty in depth and showed stock footage from SNK but also from their hands on. Once I wrapped my head around what they were doing with the Rev system, I dig it. Also, it was great to...