Search results

1. VinylBoy

NGPC - Power Problems

I hope I'm not reposting this. Apologies if I am. Currently have a Neo Geo Pocket Color that started to intermittently shut down for no apparent reason. Today, the power button is on the fritz. After several minutes and attempts to power up the unit, the red light comes on and it works as if...
  2. VinylBoy

SNK Gaming in Brazil

A last minute booking finds me in Sao Paulo, Brazil on November 24th through the 26th. I've never been there, but I heard that the competition for SNK games there is excellent! What are some good arcades to hit, and or places where I may be able to get some good electronics/games on the cheap...
  3. VinylBoy

Card Fighters Clash Question - NGPC versions

I recently stumbled on a expansion pack that was released in Japan only for Card Fighters on the Neo Geo Pocket Color. I have the English SNK version of CF. Will this expansion pack work on the english carts or does it require the Japanese carts in order to use it? :help:
  4. VinylBoy

For Sale: Macintosh PBG4/15"/1.33GHz, Fully Upgraded

I have a PowerBook G4 in very good condition. A little more than two years old. Used as a machine for graphic & music production. Very minor scuffs from standard use. Just got myself a new machine so I have no use for this one. The specs - 1.33GHz G4 Processor, with everything maxed out to its...
  5. VinylBoy

Wanted - Games & Accessories for NG

My needs are simple... :) Looking for the following items for my Neo Geo - 1. Neo Geo A/V Cable 2. Reasonably priced Matrimelle and/or SSVS with bug fixes on AES Message me with any reasonable offers. Thanks!
  6. VinylBoy

New York / Tokyo - September 30th in Central Park (w/ KOF 2006)

Just got the latest e-mail from my friends at New York Tokyo... They're doing a big Central Park event on September 30th staring at 2pm. Here's the message: New York - Tokyo (NYT), Fujisankei Communications International (FCI) and Sharp Electronics Corporation team up to bring you the New...
  7. VinylBoy

Neo Geo & Gaming Stores in Thailand

Quick & to the point... Heading to Thailand for a week starting on the 16th. Any game shops or arcades I should be looking for? :help:
  8. VinylBoy

MOTM for NGPC - Rush Mode Question

I've been playing this game for years now, but I just did something in a middle of a battle that made me scratch my head. I was using Athena in Team/Rush Mode against the CPU. I could have swore that I pressed A+B while blocking one of the computer's attacks, when a lightning bolt appeared at...
  9. VinylBoy

NGPC Mod Question

Sorry if this question has been asked before... Is it possible to put a backlight on the Neo Geo Pocket Color? Has anyone done it with any kind of success?
  10. VinylBoy

For Trade - Card Fighters Clash - Capcom Edition (JP)

Hey guys... I wound up picking this one up recently and I thought that the game would play in English like other Japanese titles that I have for the NGPC... however, it plays in Japanese and I don't know enough of it to even think about playing it. Looking to trade this in for a US version of...
  11. VinylBoy

Miami/South Beach in March '06

I go every year to Miami for the Winter Music Conference & M3 Summit... and this year I'll be down there again. But between all of the music, the parties, the booze, the bikinis and all that other good warm weather stuff (did I forget to mention booze and bikinis), I'll be looking to hit a few...
  12. VinylBoy

SNK vs. Capcom - Card Fighters Clash Question

Been playing this one for nearly three weeks and have pretty much collected every card and coin. I'm seeing some characters in the game state that some cards are impossible to get unless you play in Vs. mode or trade for them. My question is... how many cards out of the 300 that you can get...
  13. VinylBoy

New York - Tokyo's Gamers Nite Groove - SNK Tournament!!

That's right boys and girls... NY-T, a premirere organization in New York City, is putting on their legendary GNG Party for this month and they teamed up with SNK/Playmore to bring you a bunch of titles to check out for the X-Box, including the bundled KOF 2002/2003 software title and Metal Slug...
  14. VinylBoy

Wanted: Neo Geo AES - AV Adapter and MVS/AES Carts

My needs are simple... I have the RF cable, but I need the AV cable so I can play my Neo on my new TV. Also, I wouldn't mind scoring any of these MVS carts (loose or full kits): Waku Waku 7 King of Fighters 2002 King Of Fighters 2003 Matrimelle Kizuna Encounter Super Dodge Ball Samurai Shodown...
  15. VinylBoy

Miami Shodown? March '05 anyone?

Hello guys and gals... I'm heading down to Miami Beach for the Winter Music Conference from March 21st through the 28th. I'm supposed to be meeting a few people down there for some game play in between parties, and it would be cool if we can get more to join in to make it a big shindig. Let me...
  16. VinylBoy

SSVS MVS Question

I know this question has probably been asked before, and I apologize if it has. I want to find out if Samurai Shodown V Special MVS works on a Phantom-1 and if it does, would it play with or without fatalities. Just asking a simple question folks. No drama needed. Sarcastic, miserable gamers...
  17. VinylBoy

Wanted: Puyo Pop Fever w/ USB Saturn Controller 4 Mac

Hey guys and gals... Title says it all. I remember having a link to the Sega site in Japan that had a package with the game & controller for about $45US. However, I've lost the link and I really want to purchase this. Not only do I like the Puyo Series, but I think it would be great to have a...
  18. VinylBoy

FS: Last Blade 2 - Final Edition (DC)

Near mint copy of Last Blade 2 - Final Edition (Japanese) for the Sega Dreamcast up for grabs. Comes with everything, including spine & warranty card. Was played only 2 or 3 times. This is the original run of the game which has the SNK logo on the front (bottom left corner), not the Playmore...
  19. VinylBoy

Neo Geo in Mexico City

I'm heading over the border for a few days on Friday, and would love to find an arcade or two. Mexico is supposed to be one of those areas that Neo Geo did rather well, so I'm hoping someone has some leads to a few places where I can play some games. Any helpers? :help:
  20. VinylBoy

SNK Showing & Gameplay in NYC (Memorial Day Weekend)

Hey guys and gals... sorry if this was already pre-posted. Just returned from Italy and found this message in my mailbox from the good folks of New York Tokyo: Gamers Nite Groove MAY Sprite Based Euphoria + Latest from E3 Sunday, May 30th, 8PM-> 0AM TRIBECA GRAND HOTEL, NYC ADMISSION FREE /...