Search results

1. city41

King of Fighters 94: Team Edit hack

No plans right now. I just want to get version 1.0 out and then maybe I'll circle back to improvements.
  2. city41

Foot switch as controller button

Probably. Do you have a multimeter? Put it in continuity mode, attach the probes to those two pins. If pressing the pedal makes it beep you should be good. If you don't, you can also just try it if you don't mind risking your system. FWIW I have found shorting controller pins can force the...
  3. city41

Foot switch as controller button

It's definitely possible. The Neo's controllers are just simple switches. Based on the diagram it looks like white should go to a button pin and red should go to ground, black not connected. Not sure why you have B and left connected? That might even do damage. And connecting A to ground is as...
  4. city41

If no food was unhealthy

Steak. Also pretending all food costs the same. I could eat steak for every meal
  5. city41

Ok 0.5.2 now re-randomizes for the next match in single player mode.
  6. city41

Have You Ever Thought Of...

The thing about the mister is there is no power down cycle. When you're done, just turn it off like an old console. It sounds very minor but it's probably my favorite thing about it.
  7. city41

Scorpion Engine (multi-platform game engine) now supports Neo Geo!

Closed source? That's a no go for me.
  8. city41

The character select screen steals some sprites and palettes from the main game and just manages to steal enough to pull it off. The main game hands out sprites and palettes very dynamically. It's an impressive system, but also a very hard one to crack. I would bet my hack is hitting something...
  9. city41

Have You Ever Thought Of...

Despite having access to virtually every game ever made now, I still really dig into a game and play the heck out of it, if it's a stellar game. I think the reality is 99% of games are just filler. I've done this hardware wise. My only hardware is my neo geo, and everything else is on the mister.
  10. city41

haha, I didn't know that. I should be able to do that. That would make random select be KOF94's truly hard mode. Random characters against that cpu? Sheesh. Unfortunately Kawaks might end up being a lost cause. Fixing this will probably be incredibly hard because I don't think Kawaks has a...
  11. city41

Oops, yup, had that team's y off by 1. I just pushed a fix for this to the repo but the fix won't get out until the next release. Ok, filed a bug. Thanks for finding that. This is the same in the original game too, so not sure if it will be easy to make changes here. I dunno, it looks kinda...
  12. city41

Restated my AES Collection

I think a lot of people just like their personality. A low bar, for sure, but that's really all it takes a lot of the time. I think Hancock is a friggin douche, but at least like John Riggs is pleasant and personable for example.
  13. city41

Unico Jamma Candy Cabs

14. city41

This might be a bug in Kawaks then. A lot of emulators once they can properly emulate the entire commercial game set, they stop worrying about compatibility. MAME and Furrtek's MiSTer core on the other hand are very accurate. I also don't see this happen on real hardware with the NeoSD. But...
  15. city41

woohoo! it did! I added in copying the order select background tilemap on top of the team select tilemap. In other words, the game no longer renders the flags frame, it just renders a clean background. "the part you added of the background to hide were the flags was" so this part no longer...
  16. city41

Ah yup, ok. Got it now. I'll file a bug for this. I am going to make the cursors better anyway, make them "hug" the avatar better. Hmm. Ok, I'll try WinKawaks. Do you have MAME handy? Does it happen there too?
  17. city41

Oh and @SieKensou which version are you using? It will say in the message up to when you first enter character select
  18. city41

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I just noticed both player cursors are now using the wrong palette. I'll see what's going on with that. I moved it down a couple of pixels. But the character names are written on the fix layer, so they can only move in increments of 8 pixels. That is why the...
  19. city41

A quick little progress video on the hack. Nothing new in the video that hasn't been said in this thread except the random select idea.
  20. city41

I don't know much about the Neo CD ... yet. I want to learn, but haven't gotten there. So at least for now, no CD plans.