Search results

1. Jonmkl

Blast City screen going dim, certain boards seemingly not booting

Thanks guys. I think I am going to give this a shot. Are there any guides on-line that are particularly good? A preferred place to grab cap kits? If I have only done minor soldering before is this something I can pull off without ruining my stuff?
  2. Jonmkl

Blast City screen going dim, certain boards seemingly not booting

So after some years of growing family stuff and moves I finally had time to dig my blast out of storage and it is a bit worse for wear. It first I was getting no picture and some of the boards I was plugging in weren't getting power lights etc, till I plugged in a Neo Geo 1 slot board and...
  3. Jonmkl

WTB or Trade For, NEO XYX MVS

Yo! Looking to finally get my hands on this after missing it by literal hours back in the day. I'm looking for an MVS copy, preferably the Gamecenter or regular edition rather than the LE or CE. No preference on wood or plastic shell. Thanks!
  4. Jonmkl

Looking for a multi region bios for the ST-V!

Yo! Just looking to get a multi region bios burned for the ST-V so I can play some Radiant Silvergun properly on it! Mines from hong kong if that makes a difference. Thanks!
  5. Jonmkl

VIDEO ADDED! - I'm Making a JAMMA Compatible Arcade Shooter - Come Play It for Free!

WELL, any trepidation I had about the redesigned ship has been completely obliterated! This thing looks incredible in place. Jesus. Freakin good job skycurser dudes! This sprite work is really looking top notch, and the slightly smaller size really improves the look of the game, so good job...
  6. Jonmkl

Bullet Heaven HD is a very enjoyable and well produced SHMUP review series

Anyone here seen this show? Bullet Heaven HD is a very well done, and very long shooter review series that doesn't only tell you if a game is good, but also really takes the time to go in depth with games and give you an idea of how the games feel and how they're meant to be played. The rating...
  7. Jonmkl

SFIII:3S, Super Turbo Tribute Poster from SplitFrame

Figured I'd let you guys know about this. Splitframe is selling a limited, licensed version of the classic SFIIX poster right now. But they ALSO commissioned a brand new poster in tribute to it, but featuring the cast of Third Strike, done by Motoki Yoshihara. It's also a limited printing...
  8. Jonmkl

VIDEO ADDED! - I'm Making a JAMMA Compatible Arcade Shooter - Come Play It for Free!

So the skycurser guys just posted a completely redone ship over at their site! "You asked for it, you got it! Allow us to present the new and improved SKYCURSER player sprite. It's roughly 25% smaller than the previous build and features a much more detailed design. There are tons of other...
  9. Jonmkl

LF: MVS Pulstar, Metal Slug 5, NitD

Looking for a few carts I've slept on acquiring! Loose MVS. Original Labels are preferred. Japanese or English is fine. Thanks! Pulstar Nightmare in the Dark Metal Slug 5 Found: King of Fighters 2003
  10. Jonmkl

Mistu's... CPS2 Multikit Tech Support page... Drama fr33 pls..

Here's my CPS2 all mounted up! I cut a number of oak boards like this and I'm gonna mount my PCBs to them and hang them up on the wall for display when they aren't in use. (btw I straightened out the lcd after this photo was taken)
  11. Jonmkl

In the Hunt PCB - Weird jumper wires

So I just got my hands on an IREM In the Hunt PCB (:buttrock:) but there are some odd jumpers behind the jamma harness that connect power and ground to what looks like coin 2. Anyone know what that is about? I'd like to know if I should cut these off before plugging this into my Blast. Don't...
  12. Jonmkl

Home Circuit Board Printer on Kickstarter - for Arcade Stuff?

So I've been watching this Kickstarter for a while and I figured I would highlight it before it wraps up just in case someone wanted to grab it at the discounted rate. Utilizing anything like this is well beyond my technical knowhow, but it seems like something some of the members around here...
  13. Jonmkl

LF Fresh & Clean 2p 12b Blast City Panel

Looking to grab a clean new 2 player, 12 panel for my blast! Was planning on picking up a repro panel from Jasen and building it out but he's packed up shop for the next 6 months or so, so I'm SOL on that front. I'm flexible. Repro or original is fine, built out or just the panel with no...
  14. Jonmkl

CPS3 Compatible CD Drives

Question, Is there anything special about CPS3 CD drives? Or some sort of requirements CD drives have to have in order to work with a CPS3? I'm wondering if it's possible to use a smaller more modern CD drive with mine.
  15. Jonmkl

Metal Slug X on Steam, KoF '98 and '02 UMs to Follow

- - - - - - - - -
  16. Jonmkl

Best non CRT televisions for classic gaming?

So I've got this big 42" LCD tv that I've been using less and less. The display lag on it is so bad that I won't even play SFIV on it anymore, so you can imagine how awful it is for classic games. So let's say I want something in my entertainment system I can use for more than just blu-rays...
  17. Jonmkl

Is there at this point any way to acquire MvC2 on 360?

So I have been contemplating buying a 360 again for some 3S and Jojos, and I was wondering if there was any way to get MvC2 now that it has been de-listed from the Xbox live arcade. Is it possible to copy the game over from someone else who has downloaded it? Or get some kind of... retail...
  18. Jonmkl

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Bout to play some CFC2EE
  19. Jonmkl

Favorite console revision, redesign, reissue or alternate version?

Of all of the myriad of revisions and alternate versions of popular consoles released over the years that either add or remove features from the original versions (NES TVs, smaller Playstations, rebranded Sega consoles, third party stuff like the Famicom Titler and the Panasonic Q, even...
  20. Jonmkl

LF Early SFII and Capcom artwork and posters, Akiman, Bengus.

So I'm looking for artwork from the early Final Fight and SFII capcom days, it can be in the forms of posters, original arcade flyers, art books, art from arcade kits, marquees, very high res scans, high quality reproductions etc. An old posterbook would be killer. I'm super into Akiman and...