Search results

1. thegreathopper

Did you ever see a "holy Grail" cart at a store back in the time?

The flood was in Rathbone place, I went in a couple of days later and the caged area at the back where they had the PC engine LT running and all sorts of retro gear was covered in water and taken off sale as they were waiting for an insurance check. it stayed like this for weeks and then...
  2. thegreathopper

Chat message

thegreathopper
  3. thegreathopper

AES Console Prices Back in the Day

I bought a used but boxed console in 1993 for about £300 from KT Konsoles up in Scotland via mail order, used games were approx £120 each.
  4. thegreathopper

100,000+1 posts of your dinner

Minced beef pie, very tasty..
  5. thegreathopper

Pie & Mash today, Portobello Rd £5, What a Bargain!
  6. thegreathopper

First cart you ever owned

My Neo Geo and Samurai Shodown came from KT consoles in Scotland… with a huge home made 5 Volt power supply!
  7. thegreathopper

French onion soup, Josephines, Chamonix, France
  8. thegreathopper

After joining this forum I found out about arcade versions of the home carts, so went to my local arcade and asked if he had any and he gave me a boxful of carts and a machine for about £100. Previous to that all my Neo Geo playing was on an imported home system.
  9. thegreathopper

My 1st ever Neo Geo home cart was a used Samurai Shodown in I guess about 1993, 1st new game was KOF 94 which I preordered after a recommendation from my local games importer. I had not even heard of MVS games until early 2000’s when I found this forum, then I bought loads as they were cheap...
  10. thegreathopper

Some SVC Chaos PCB questions

The pcb‘s came first, the carts followed.
  11. thegreathopper

NeoSD MVS/AES - General Consensus?

I have had both on MVS and the NeoSD on home cart, I find the DS one more fussy with which MVS board it runs on, the Onion carts both worked flawlessly.
  12. thegreathopper

NeoSD MVS/AES - General Consensus?

Have there been any recent updates, I have a AES cart and although not used for ages all games tried seemed to work fine. Worth updating or not..
  13. thegreathopper

ODYSSEY WITH TERRAONION

Yes they do seem to be a bunch of bandits, I was a bit surprised when this forum turned against Darksoft and turned to the Onion guys, DS has always been helpful for example when I had a problem with one of his CPS3 multi carts, he sorted immediately.
  14. thegreathopper

Unibios installation AES UK

As your new Neo Geo is a Japanese version all games will be uncensored and the games will run at full 60 Hz, enjoy the blood and the bounce!
  15. thegreathopper

NeoSD/MVS sound issue

Defiantly not common, you need to plug something else in there to test but it’s more likely the MVS board than the game. You tried setting the board to attract sound off?
  16. thegreathopper

Effects game snk

The Scrolling backgrounds in Blazing Star always impresses me.
  17. thegreathopper

Neo Geo 3-6 Screws?

Pretty sure the thread size is M3, not so sure of the lengths.
  18. thegreathopper

Wanted :- King Of Fighters 98 Japan home cart

Looking for this home cart, I have a lovely home system and CRT ready for action.. Thanks :A::B::C::D:
  19. thegreathopper

Damaged AV socket on home system

Hi, has anyone ever replaced the AV port on a Neo Geo home cart system, mine works but it has bits of plastic missing, ideally a whole new AV socket is needed. But where can I get one ? :cool: Cheers.
  20. thegreathopper

Wanted Mark of the Wolves MVS

MOTW wanted JPN or USA MVS cart is fine with me, cart only would be good but no boots. Thanks:)