Search results

1. Kunai

Need help with internet connection problems

Hey all, I've been having problems staying online with my internet connection... I lose my connection at random times, and it won't come back until I reset my computer. Then it works fine again until it disconnects the next random time. Resetting my modem does nothing to fix the problem...
  2. Kunai

Share your recipies (WAS: Pork Chop Dinner)

I posted this in another forum... I was inspired to cook some steak, but was thwarted by high meat prices here in Japan. Instead, I bought some pork chops, made up a basic marinade and was treated to one of the best-tasting pork chops I've ever tasted. Keep in mind that before I arrived in...
  3. Kunai

Played SFIV in Osaka this past weekend

I was there playing all 4 days. If you want to read more, read the 3rd location test thread in shoryuken.com. All I have to say is that this game exceeded my expectations and it is really fun to play. I was very surprised and I expected it to suck. The graphics actually fit the characters...
  4. Kunai

Legend of Kage 2 DS

Comes out this week... I'll try to snag it when I have time this weekend. Who else is getting this? I'm hoping it will be good. Arkanoid DS and Space Invaders Extreme have been gems... so I hope Legend of Kage 2 will continue the Taito magic.
  5. Kunai

Question about music source: Geese's theme music

I can't figure it out... but in CvS2, they have that blue grid stage that plays random music from various Capcom and SNK games. One of the songs is Geese's theme. My question is... which Garou game is this theme song taken out of? I think there's like, at least 10 different versions of this...
  6. Kunai

Apple question: Is it better to go with MacBook Pro?

I was really thinking about getting a new Mac before the end of summer this year, and I need some good advice. I was thinking about getting a MacBook Pro... even though it's a bit more pricey than a regular MacBook. Is it worth the investment? Basically, I plan on doing a lot of graphic...
  7. Kunai

Please add the ability to hide text for "spoiler" reasons

I have seen this in another bbs, where you can have a bbs function that will make the text the same color as the bbs background... so you cannot read it unless you drag and highlight the area with your mouse. It would probably come in handy after what went on recently in the UFC PPV thread...
  8. Kunai

Miyamoto has never heard of Ratchet and Clank

I remember being one of the many who was a little miffed when a rep from Insomniac Games accused Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy of copying Ratchet and Clank's spherical worlds in their latest game. If you were the other people who were miffed, read this article here. Didn't see it posted yet...
  9. Kunai

I have a new blood-red PSP

Just got it several days ago, and enjoying the Rondo of Blood remake on it. Money well spent. It definitely feels lighter, I hate the new UMD tray, and I have noticed that the screen is not nearly as susceptible to scratches. I remember it being a huge problem when I bought a PSP at launch...
  10. Kunai

Konami's Otomedius

My local arcade got this gem quite recently... I've been having so much fun with the game. Here's some pictures of the cab if you're interested: The game utilizes a touch-screen, which is useful when you use the special bomb in the game (you have to touch the area where you want to...
  11. Kunai

Arkanoid DS

I guess it comes out next weekend (December 6th), according to the reports from Play Asia. Anyone else interested in how this game is going to come out? I'm especially interested in how the paddle attachment will work, but I don't know how good this game will be... with the screen being split...
  12. Kunai

Blood Red PSP

I held off buying one a PSP, even after the Slim came out and even after Dracula X and Final Fantasy Tactics came out. But when I saw this, it was all over... http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182424.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;4 Yeah, I'm definitely getting one...
  13. Kunai

PSP Slim announced at E3

http://kotaku.com/gaming/hands-on/psp-slim-277554.php Only noticeable changes... lighter, has a video out, external speaker holes are relocated, WiFi switch is on top and the guy from Kotaku says the d-pad feels better. I'm glad that there are cosmetic changes, but I was hoping for a few other...
  14. Kunai

Questions about video game ringtones for phones

I just got a Samsung SPH-A640 yesterday after my old phone broke. Unfortunately, all my old ringtones from 2 years ago were not transferrable to this new phone, so I have to start from scratch. I have a few questions regarding this phone... 1.) Where are the best places to get video game...
  15. Kunai

Galfordo pulled on me in 3S today

Pretty sad, really. I beat his Hugo, then was about to beat his Makoto and he dropped. Real obvious drop, too. Not upset, just real disappointed. I lost far worse to him and never pulled, and he does this. Guys like him make 3S online no fun... expected much more from a guy on neo-geo.com.
  16. Kunai

More PSP audio tracks and new cars in RR6

I saw the download available just yesterday... has some great "oldies" from PSP Ridge Racer, like Disco Ball and Tunnel Visionary. There's also about 6 new download codes to unlock some more cars. I'm really hoping Namco releases some of the previous or remade RR tracks that were from previous...
  17. Kunai

Any import video game stores in San Diego area?

Just wondering if there was... my friend is going there on Sunday, and he was going to check the area for games. Thanks for any help.
  18. Kunai

WipeOut Pure: Playable online?

Is this playable against other people online if I have a WiFi router? If so, how do I find people to play? Thanks for any help.
  19. Kunai

Phantasy Star Universe may be going back to roots

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/17/news_6120622.html Could this be the true sequel to Phantasy Star that we have been waiting for? I hope so. PS: The game is PS2 and PC bound. No word on XBox or GC.
  20. Kunai

Buying a Laptop/Notebook is hard work

... but I finally decided to get a Dell Inspirion 9200. Dell Inspirion 9200 I set it up for 1 Gig of RAM, default processor speed (Pentium M 1.6 GHz), 60 Gig drive with 7200 rpm, wireless internal card and the default screen (people were actually saying the more expensive display was very...