Search results

1. miisalo

Miisalo's retrogaming room(s)

You guys have probably seen most of my stuff in my meeting pics, but here is anyway some updates to my stuff. Let's start with my main gaming room / hackerspace and the arcade section. These are my current cabinets. Naomi Universal with Naomi and also Jamma converter + scaler currently...
  2. miisalo

Winter meeting VII Saturday 22nd of February 2020, Vantaa Finland

UPDATE: Date is 22nd of February --- I have been so busy that I almost forgot the annual winter meeting. Day is still bit open, it's end of Jan or early Feb, currently depending on when my wife has skiing trip with our older son. Anyway, I'll inform date when I know for sure. Concept is as...
  3. miisalo

XRGB-3 lost vertical sync on VGA out - fix

I have been using XRGB-3 with my Naomi Universal to display 15KHz picture from Jamma boards, mainly neo-geo, in the 31KHz monitor. Two days ago when I started the system, all I got was rolling picture. I first thought that the monitor chassis had problem but with little testing, I realized that...
  4. miisalo

Winter meeting VI - February 2019, Vantaa, Finland

EDIT: Date is 2nd of February ----- It is again time to announce the annual winter meeting. Counted back and it is going to be sixth January/February meeting since I started these 2014 and having more fun every time. Pictures can be found searching the old threads. Agenda as in previous years...
  5. miisalo

Miisalo's Winter Meating Part IV - Rot's Revenge - 27th of January 2018 Vantaa Finland

So I have been so busy this spring/summer that I didn't have my annual summer meeting. I've been working and I have been more active repairing and collecting old computers than with arcade stuff. But winter meeting, it needs to be done. Especially when ROT some time ago agreed to join - if I...
  6. miisalo

Winter is coming, are you? - Vantaa Finland Jan/Feb

So has been -11 C here today, which reminded me that I have had winter meeting already three times. So why not have fourth? Time is still open, but if there is enough interest, it's late January or early February. Anyone interested and what are good dates? ---- Time is 4. of February 2017...
  7. miisalo

Finnish summer is over, it's Neo Geo time - 20th of August 2016

This year my annual summer meeting is in 20th of August in Vantaa, Finland. These has been bit smaller than my winter meetings but because there seems to be chances to have up to two visitors from the States, I'm going to ask local retro people from other forums too to join. Last winter...
  8. miisalo

MV1FZS graphic glitches and sound problems

Hello Got non working mv1fzs cheap and started to fix it. Seller said that it didn't always boot and if it booted (only with unibios), it had graphic problems and no sound or sound problems. First I replaced the bios socket, it was so loose that chip did't have good connection. After replacing...
  9. miisalo

Finland - The country where I quite want to be Jan/Feb PART II

--check updates from the bottom-- So the winter is coming and its time for The country where I quite want to be Jan/Feb PART II (actually 3. winter meeting) in Vantaa, Finland. Meeting takes place at my home where we have my 90m2 mancave fully in our use. Previous meetings have been success...
  10. miisalo

My custom controller / supergun

Last christmas Mendel gave me Time Soldiers board and happ rotary sticks as a gift, probably because I did some modding for him. Those rotary sticks are huge, I measured that they need more than 4" under them and decided that I should build box that is almost like cabinets control panel. Idea...
  11. miisalo

Midwest Gaming Classic 2016 - The Finnvasion

Raz, this is especially for you, hope you can also read Finnish Tuli tehty varsin mukava matka tämän vuoden MGC:n Milwaukeehen. Kysymyksessä siis Arcade/Retrogaming tapahtuma Brookfieldsissä (WI), paljon pelattavaa, paljon ostettavaa ja paljon paikallisia harrastajia tavattavana. Tykästyin...
  12. miisalo

MV-1FS and MV-1FZ sound with supergun's audio attenuation

I'm checking and modding mv-1fs and mv-1fz boards for a friend (unibios, battery mod) and noticed with my Supergun MAK Srike & TV setup and the volume pot set to the middle or more = cracks (actually just loud noise) in the sound when there is a loud sounds in the game. MV-1FZ board had faulty...
  13. miisalo

INFO: Neo Geo MVS and cart power requirements

After having "expert" telling me that I need 6A 5V psu for my consolized MV-1B (NGFL has experts :keke:), I think we should publish facts about power requirements for different boards, mods and carts. There has already been at least one thread where MV-1C was measured, but it would be useful to...
  14. miisalo

Dear Santa....

2000 euros. I want one.
  15. miisalo

Miittiä pukkaa

Tulossa kenties muualtakin porukka, joten nyt tuolla yleisessä mittifoorumissa. http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?254419-Finland-The-country-where-I-quite-want-to-be-Jan-Feb
  16. miisalo

Finland - The country where I quite want to be Jan/Feb

Like Monty Python sang it, you might want to visit/stay in Finland next January or early February. It's time for another Neo Gathering in Vantaa, Finland. I'm counting that local lads are coming so there will be some of the guys from earlier meetings, but there has been some interest from...
  17. miisalo

CMVS - World War II edition

Tulipa sitten aloitettua vihdoin tuo CMVS projekti. MV-1C tuli hankittua jo tammikuussa ja razoola toi miittiin universe biossin siihen. Projektin alku vaan ei meinannut millään lähteä käyntiin, kun en jaksanut hankkia tarvittavia liittimiä jne. Mutta nyt homma edistyy hitaasti mutta...
  18. miisalo

Kesämiitti Vantaalla - Summer meeting at Vantaa?

So, anybody interested in another meeting in the spring/summer/autumn? My house seems to work well as place to meet and in the summer we could also include other activities like BBQ. I accidentally the whole CDZ (is it bad?) just to play games with my kids and I just ordered the last...