Search results

1. 100proof

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Ghostbusters is 1000% in the same boat as Star Wars at this point where most people aren't even angry about it anymore... they just don't give a shit. Like I saw that Star Wars Acolyte trailer and people would've been gnashing their teeth and rending their garments over how embarrassing it is 6...
  2. 100proof

Alien: Romulus 08/16/24

While I'm not foolish enough to get excited about yet another unnecessary Alien movie, at least they picked a competent filmmaker and are going back to doing a claustrophobic horror movie. Here's to hoping it's good but I won't be holding my breath.
  3. 100proof

Chat message

Desperation is a stinky cologne.
  4. 100proof

Chat message

I hope he's well and getting whatever it is he needs to be happy but that kind of recovery generally only comes from within.
  5. 100proof

Chat message

Dude needed help and this wasn't the place for it.
  6. 100proof

Chat message

That's the thing though... there have plenty of people who've gone through tough times here (divorces, loss of family members, etc.) and they've opened up and people have been super sympathetic. Zinho was just a performative 24/7 pity party. That shit is exhausting to deal with.
  7. 100proof

Chat message

Bottom line: He was a sad little man who came to the WRONG place looking for sympathy
  8. 100proof

Chat message

That doesn't even include the real sperg out... if you look in the War Room, he lost his shit towards the end.
  9. 100proof

Get well soon, Tak

Best wishes to our kraut-in-chief. Here's to a speedy recovery!
  10. 100proof

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

Yeah there was some weird jittery seizure shit going on in that trailer. Also not sure that I get the comic book-y graphical flare when they perform SDMs. Other than that, it looks totally fine if unremarkable. KoF XV was pretty good once you got past all of the Zetas of the world whining about...
  11. 100proof

Spring Training: Mid-Atlantic peeps (PA/NJ/DE/DC) 4/6/2024

Damn... would love to join (and potentially gather a couple of NC's finest) but that's the wife's birthday weekend and we've got plans.
  12. 100proof

Between that and the scene with the topless models in Demon Knight, ol' Dick did alright in his later years.
  13. 100proof

Most of Aronofsky's movies have all of the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face. Saw Roger Corman's Bucket of Blood (1959) this evening. Dick Miller is a loser named Walter Paisley who busses tables at a beatnik bar. He wants to be an artist and get the beatnik girl he's had his eye on to...
  14. 100proof

Violent women

I mean I feel sorry for the guy but you can't fix crazy and there's little recourse or resources for dudes in that situation other than running like Forrest Gump as far away as you can.
  15. 100proof

RIP Akira Toriyama

May he draw vegetable-haired people in the afterlife. All hail the shonen king.
  16. 100proof

Chat message

China has always had a weird hard-on for '97. It's the only area that plays the game competitively.
  17. 100proof

Constantine is a bad take on the source material but I still enjoy it largely for the actors in smaller roles (Tilda Swinton, Peter Stormare chewing the scenery for 5 minutes, Djimon Hounsou). Keanu tries so hard to be a miserable crank. Fuck High Tension. It has a couple of great gore shots...
  18. 100proof

NBA Season 23/24

Kareem was too busy flying commercial planes and fighting Bruce Lee to do any partying.
  19. 100proof

FF7 Rebirth

Like with the first one, I'll wait until it's on Steam. I have zero FOMO for video games anymore and while I enjoyed my playthrough of the first one, I'm not really chomping at the bit to continue. Their insistence on adding embarrassing Kingdom Hearts-level anime melodrama to a game that...
  20. 100proof

Turbo Outrun Fan Remake

A little too "clean" looking for my taste (the washed out color pallette is part of the appeal of those original super scaler games for me) but still a huge improvement on what was previously available.