Search results

1. T

Unibios ADPCM-B Channel Swap Possible?

Not sure any (program) hack would be possible, even per-game. The ADPCM left and right channel values are interleaved, and the hardware itself reads it from memory based on start/end addresses (with 256-byte granularity) programmed into the registers. There's no data path between the VROM and...
  2. T

Unibios ADPCM-B Channel Swap Possible?

I don't see how it could, no.
  3. T

Neo Geo homebrew status & WIP (Xevious etc)

Beta 1 available for download now (MAME only atm, although you're free to convert to NeoSD/Darksoft or burn a CD if you are able). Enjoy!
  4. T

Nah, the best way to ruin your hobby is to make it your job... :sneaky:
  5. T

Xevious Beta 2 release (including Super Xevious) is still waiting for me to fix some sound issues. I've been distracted... There are a few other projects in the works, including an imminent Beta release of Galaxian. During the development of Xevious I was working with jotd of Amiga fame to...
  6. T

NeoGeo Missing Homebrews

Donkey Kong is WIP and hasn't been released yet...
  7. T

CPS1 palette copy weirdness

I know nothing about the CPS, but is the palette data (either source or destination) done via address/pointer registers that may be modified in the VBLANK ISR? I ask this because on the Neo Geo all sprite registers are done via VRAM address registers, so you must be careful to disable the VBLANK...
  8. T

Xevious for the Neo Geo Beta 1 released!

Work on the next beta is continuing. I now have both Xevious and Super Xevious running from the same cart image.
  9. T

Much appreciated! Working on the next (hopefully final) Beta...
  10. T

Thanks, I try to contact @iq_132! I didn't specify a screenshot in NeoBuilder so not sure why it picked that one up. TBH didn't even notice on my NeoSD... IIUC you can't specify a (custom) screenshot in homebrew games (yet)?!?
  11. T

I haven't tried myself (my MiSTer has a broken BlisSTer board) but I do believe it is possible. It'd be really nice if they added rotation to the Neo Geo core (last time I looked it didn't have it)...
  12. T

The download now includes the Darksoft image!
  13. T

Get it while it's hot!!! For MAME, NeoSD and NGCD. Runs in tate mode! Download on itch.io
  14. T

Tonight I started my new homebrew project...

Woohoo - found the "last" gameplay bug! Now to do some final playtesting of the the Beta1 builds (AES/NGCD) on real hardware before I release!
  15. T

Someone gave me an idea to use CDDA for some of the tracks. I guess that would be the equivalent of ADPCM-B... I think that would work for me and minimise the changes in the code as most of the differences (aside from mute/unmute and stop loop) are handled implicitly by NFX SoundBuilder...
  16. T

I've finished the sound reorganisation for the NGCD and the sound is complete. Unfortunately the 1 glaring difference between the arcade and the Neo Geo version is that the rumbling sound of the Andor Genesis mutes the Solvalou theme. This is because NGFX SoundBuilder allows only 1 background...
  17. T

I've reorganised the sound to use ADPCM-A only, but I think the Andor Genesis sound will cause a problem.... TBA... Can't find this pesky gameplay bug. It's like there's an invisible Bacura... otherwise it's looking and sounding great!!!
  18. T

Hmmm... discovered tonight that NGCD doesn't have ADPCM-B. Not a show-stopper, but something to tweak none-the-less...
  19. T

Another quick update; Beta release is very close, with the one gameplay bug still outstanding. But - there will be (some) sound in the Beta release!!!