Search results

1. ShootTheCore

JAMMArcade.net Arcade PCB Encyclopedia

As some of you may already know, I recently assumed hosting and webmaster responsibilities for JAMMArcade.net from Porchy. I decided to kick off my new role by introducing what I believe will be a useful resource for arcade repair technicians - an Arcade PCB Encyclopedia. I have long admired...
  2. ShootTheCore

Shmup of the Month 2024 Hosting Sign-Up!

We need volunteer hosts for Shmup of the Month in 2024. I can take a month that no one else wants. January - Ralfakick February - gusmoney March - Ajax April - opt2not May - Johnny16bit June - roker July - Neodogg August - kuze September - NERDtendo October - skate323k137 November -...
  3. ShootTheCore

SOTM Nov 2023: G Darius and Border Down

We have a tied vote this SOTM, so we're playing both G Darius and Border Down. Rules Play with default 3 lives, Normal Difficulty, one credit. Rapid fire is okay. High Score Format Name - Score - Platform Name - Score - Platform 1. ShootTheCore - 1,855,960 - PCB 2. 3. 4. 5. Name...
  4. ShootTheCore

SotM November Vote

Apologies for being slow on SotM hosting supervison - I'm in the middle of moving houses and my life is all topsy-turvey at the moment. @egg_sanwich is scheduled to host this month, but it looks like he hasn't logged into the forums since July, so I'll host. This month's theme is Nonlinear...
  5. ShootTheCore

FS: PRICE DROP - Neo Geo CD games

I'm clearing out my Neo Geo CD collection. Prices don't include shipping. Willing to ship outside of the United States. PayPal Goods & Services only. Link to photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/139xxJ5LIiTIQhFGbZQ0tXMiM91ine6P0?usp=sharing All games are clean and in very good...
  6. ShootTheCore

SotM January 2023: Gunbird 2

Gunbird 2 by Psikyo is our first Shmup of the Month for 2023. AFAIK it plays the same on every platform, so just make sure you're set to Normal difficulty and 3 lives. Did you know this game has 27 different endings? See how many you can find! Name Stage Number Character Platform Score...
  7. ShootTheCore

SOTM January 2023 Vote - GUN Month!

Welcome to 2023 everyone! Let's give this GUN Month another try shall we? All of the games you can vote on this month have GUN in the name. 'Merica!!! GUN Nac - 1990 - Compile - NES GUN Frontier - 1990 - Taito - Arcade / Saturn / PS2 / Xbox / Switch / PS4 / Windows GUN Lock aka RayForce...
  8. ShootTheCore

SotM 2023 Hosting Signup

We need volunteer hosts for Shmup of the Month in 2023. I didn't get a month in 2022 so I'm claiming January right up front. All other months are up for grabs so speak up! January - ShootTheCore February - GusMoney March - Atro April - _rm_ May - Roker June - Neodogg July - daskrabs August -...
  9. ShootTheCore

SotM 2021 Monthly Host, List of Previous Games, Shmup Discussion

Here is the final SotM 2021 monthly hosting list: January: egg_sanwich February: NERDtendo March: _rm_ April: opt2not May: wataru330 June: neodogg July: NERDtendo August: kuze September: ShootTheCore October: daskrabs November: c0nn0r December: ShootTheCore If you need to miss your hosted...
  10. ShootTheCore

SOTM: Mushihimesama Futari and Armed Police Batrider

Mushihimesama Futari 3 Lives, Regular difficulty Strategy Guide: https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15512 https://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58144 Version 1.5 Original ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ## - Name - Score - Stage - Char -...
  11. ShootTheCore

SOTM 2021 Hosting

We need volunteer hosts for Shmup of the Month 2021. Speak up now and claim a month, and let me know if you're willing to take on a second one as well. I'll take one or two unclaimed months at the end. January: egg_sanwich February: NERDtendo March: _rm_ April: opt2not May: wataru330 June...
  12. ShootTheCore

SOTM: Vote now for December 2020

I think we can all agree that 2020 was a horrible year in the outside world, so let's end SOTM 2020 on a high note. These five shmups are all from the annual Top 25 Shmups of All Time poll on the Shmups forum and haven't been selected as SOTM for several years. Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 & Black...
  13. ShootTheCore

Wanted: MV-1FZ MVS Motherboard

Anyone have a good-condition MV-1FZ MVS motherboard that they'd like to sell me? Doesn't have to be pristine, but I don't want a trashed or heavily-repaired one either. Don't care if it has a UniBIOS or not.
  14. ShootTheCore

WTB: Red Shockboxes

I’m looking for a handful of red Shockboxes - Southtown Homebrew is out of stock. The red-on-white would be ideal, but red-on-black would be fine too. Let me know if you have a few extra you can let go. Thanks!
  15. ShootTheCore

SotM: 2020 Monthly Host, List of Previous Games, Shmup Discussion

Here is the final SotM monthly hosting list: January: ShootTheCore February: NERDtendo March: egg_sanwich April: Opt2Not May: Neodogg June: Daskrabs July: NERDtendo August: Kuze September: _rm_ October: Opt2Not November: C0nn0r December: ShootTheCore If you need to miss your hosted month...
  16. ShootTheCore

SotM Jan 2020: Castle Shikigami 2

The first SotM for 2020 is Castle Shikigami 2. Utilize the Tension Bullet System for high scores and defeat the New World Order. This game is available for the Naomi arcade platform, Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube, original XBox and PC. AFAIK, the scoring and gameplay is identical across all the...
  17. ShootTheCore

SOTM: Vote Now for January 2020

It's a new year, which means it's a great time for second chances. These four shmups each came in second place in the monthly poll during the SotM 2019 voting season. Now one of them will enjoy a well-deserved month in the spotlight. Castle of Shikigami 2: Vertical bullet-hell developed in...
  18. ShootTheCore

SotM: January 2020

Who’s our host and game for kicking off 2020?
  19. ShootTheCore

SOTM: R-Type II

R-Type II by Irem is the December Shmup of the Month. Blast Off and Strike the Bydo Empire! We're going with the arcade version as the baseline, and AFAIK the "Dimensions" and "Dimensions EX" ports don't change anything that would affect the scoring. That gives you the PCB, MAME, PS1, PS3...
  20. ShootTheCore

SotM: December Poll

Happy Holidays fellow shmuppers! Pick your poison for the very merry month of December. Cyvern The Dragon Weapons The last shmup developed my Kaneko, Cyvern is a danmaku vertical shmup with a steampunk / bioengineering theme. Choose from three cybernetic dragons and collect medals for a high...