Search results

1. Apocalypse

Collectards

After a discussion on a French forum about the rarity of a sealed Goldeneye game (PAL FR version), supposedly unique, I opened a copy in front of a member. http://www.millon.com/html/fiche.jsp?id=3032701&np=1&lng=fr&npp=20&ordre=2&aff=1&r=
  2. Apocalypse

Exerion - Jaleco 1983 - Repair Log

This game has a specific 36 pin connector so I had to build a converter (to JAMMA). First symptoms were no video signals (no sync) but sound worked: replaced 74LS74 @ M9. Then black screen with sound: replaced 2 * 153s @ D2 & E2. I obtained an image but with a corrupted sprite layer (completely...
  3. Apocalypse

Post your memory patch cheats here

10fd8a:08 = Difficulty 9
  4. Apocalypse

Post your memory patch cheats here

As I said to Raz, when my stuff was in storage I used to play the Neo in Kawaks and I used the cheat engine to unlock hidden characters or levels. Most of my cheats are already included in the Unibios however some interesting ones are not. Any contribution is appreciated, please check first...
  5. Apocalypse

Karate Champ (tournament) - Data East 1986 - Repair log

This game uses a specific 44 pin connector and was missing the flat cables between the 2 boards. First thing to do was to build a converter (to JAMMA) and take the cables from another known working game: The symptoms were, OOOO on screen, bad colours and no sound: Compared all the EPROMS...
  6. Apocalypse

The Main Event (Konami) repair log

That one was super easy, upon boot game indicated 2 bad RAMs @ C11 & I5: I replaced them but the game hanged up. RAM @ C14 was faulty too (although indicated as OK). Then sound was glitchy: bad RAM @ F5 (not tested on startup, can't be tested in test mode). Sound was still glitchy: bad ROM...
  7. Apocalypse

Horrible MAMEcabs

Another batch of NZ style cabs:
  8. Apocalypse

Gaelco World Rally repair log

I got a faulty World Rally board from Rugdoctor. The game booted but had 2 issues: - RAM checksum error at address XXX (changes every time you power the board) - Coprocessor not ready (indicates the game has committed suicide) For the RAM error I first thought it was bad but discovered a cut...
  9. Apocalypse

AES to MVS (plays AES games on MVS)

I got it running almost perfectly by feeding the 12M AES cart with NOT(12M) and using NOT(12M) OR 24M to feed the LOAD signal on the MVS board: http://fr.tinypic.com/r/i20ody/9 View My Video If you pay attention you can notice small graphic glitches when sprites are mirrored (not always visible):
  10. Apocalypse

Capcom 1943 repair log

I was waiting for an admin to create me an account on jammarcade.net but it doesn't seem to come... I got a non working 1943 board from fluxcore. First obvious thing to notice is +5V connectors were burnt on the JAMMA edge. Never a good sign. I checked for other burnt traces or components on the...
  11. Apocalypse

PGM IGS extreme battery leakage

I patched a dozen of traces or so and got little improvement: TRAP 6 error: OPCODE 1111 error: And last but not least HOST FUN ERROR:
  12. Apocalypse

PGM IGS extreme battery leakage

I'm trying to fix a PGM IGS board which has an extreme battery leakage. Unfortunately few info is available online. For instance my board is stuck on a green/yellowish garbage screen and I'm not sure of the behaviour the board should have if for example the backup RAMs are unwritable/unreadable...
  13. Apocalypse

The king is dead, long live Garou!

A little bit of history: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-251455.html The 2 halves (long story ;) ) of GMOTW finally ended up to my place. Graphics were severely corrupted (blocky): I checked all the traces on the CHAFIO board but didn't find any broken one. (Also checked...
  14. Apocalypse

SamSho II crakling sound

Game saved, V4 was bad: Thank you all!
  15. Apocalypse

SamSho II crakling sound

Hi, I got a defective SamSho II cart (MVS) from xsq (thanks again). The sound is crackling. Here are some details : - Intro sound (NEO GEO logo) plays fine - All the music is distorted either in game or using the jukebox option in the UniBIOS - All traces from/to the PCM chip, V1/V2/V3/V4 ROMs...
  16. Apocalypse

WTB: Sega CD I PSU (power board)

Just as the title says... And possibly a faceplate too.
  17. Apocalypse

Panasonic service disc 2 - Panasonic Q DVD region free

Hi, I'm looking for a Panasonic service disc 2 to region free the DVD player for the Q. Seemingly it's not possible to make a copy of the OG disk as there's an area on the disc you can't access. Don't know if that's true. Has anyone experienced the DVD firmware upgrade for the Q? I do know you...
  18. Apocalypse

MV1F weird error message

OK, I've managed to get further: The full error message: TTACHTDOG DELAY... :lolz: I've even managed to get in the menu but due to graphics being garbage it's not easy to know what does what. What I'm sure is watchdog is fine and controls work: CALENDAR TEST WRAM/BRAM test displays...
  19. Apocalypse

MV1F weird error message

I'm trying to fix a MV1F for fluxcore. The battery has leaked and eaten some traces. fluxcore has already found 3 broken traces and fixed them but that didn't help. The screen is a complete garbage but doesn't flicker. The color change each time you power the board. I've found 2 other broken...