Search results

1. DevilRedeemed

Happy birthday, StevenK

Happy belated mate
  2. DevilRedeemed

Alien: Romulus 08/16/24

From that short trailer I can already glean that it won't be to my particular liking. I really liked the director's output so far, but I'm tied to how Scott tells it, in all three films on the subject so far. It's a very particular way to weave the whole thing, tonally I don't think it can be...
  3. DevilRedeemed

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

I noticed the heavy line work on the character outlines are most probably inspired by the artwork in neo geo black and white manuals. I'm happy they are making these games, definetly, but... these games stopped being pretty and inspired well before the Neo died. These outputs as well as the...
  4. DevilRedeemed

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

I don't like it, looks very Platinum games-like. Travis Touchdown would not look out of place in this. It comes down to this - honestly, is it on par with the older FF games? Garou has always been so beautiful, it really is a shame to me that they can't reach that bar. Doesn't even have to be...
  5. DevilRedeemed

Happy Birthday RAZO

Happy birthday dude!
  6. DevilRedeemed

Leslie M Collins RIP

He was never really a member here but how fascinating was it to see through the portal at that strange ngf rat pack which included that insuperable sociopath incel grandaddy Makismo. To this day, blows my mind what SNK and the Neo Geo community produced.
  7. DevilRedeemed

Voice acting in videogames is rubbish

You are right ofcourse, and my angst aimed at the mainstream is chronic and a thousand years old at least. Also money talks and drives. So there's that. I'm just one more silly man in an ocean of silly people. I think of late I am simply coming to terms with the fact that culture does not engage...
  8. DevilRedeemed

The problem is, there's nothing outside this form of narration.
  9. DevilRedeemed

Feels like an invitation to post my credentials, but I'm almost 50 and can't be bothered. Not doing too bad though. Seriously succesful women and stuff
  10. DevilRedeemed

You want to play something that feels like a film? Well good for you, I don't. Even if you do, how goofy is the voice acting in practically all games? Tremendous idiotizing mechanism, brings any and all experience down to sub pedestrian level. You are led down the narrowest of paths. There's no...
  11. DevilRedeemed

Happy Birthday, Tung Fu ru

Happy birthday you magnificent specimen
  12. DevilRedeemed

Microsoft expected to go multi platform

This is all very lame. All of it
  13. DevilRedeemed

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

From Beyond Even though it starts to become heavy handed half way through, it's a brilliant watch, much better than anything someone like Wan is doing these days.
  14. DevilRedeemed

Happy Birthday, Burning Fight

Happy bday Brazilian dynamite
  15. DevilRedeemed

Sega Teases Sequels of Classic Games - Shinobi, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set, Golden Axe, SOR

I really really disliked SoR4. Little more than a saturday morning Street Fighter cartoon
  16. DevilRedeemed

Sega Teases Sequels of Classic Games - Shinobi, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set, Golden Axe, SOR

The thing I see as problematic is that there doesn't seem to be anyone at the wheel. Sega was the people that where making the games, the producers, the inhouse teams. From the president down. As of years ago there's no one home. You are left with western enthusiasts and M2 or whoever filling in...
  17. DevilRedeemed

Actually think it's the most interesting one out of the lot together with Jet Set
  18. DevilRedeemed

Looks like those bargain bin compilations of arcade conversions you could pick up for home computar back in the late 80s early 90s. But whatever, bring it on
  19. DevilRedeemed

Grand Theft Auto 6

This is almost guaranteed: it will be backed by pro systems These will not run as well on current systems so it will be used to promote updated hardware.
  20. DevilRedeemed

Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Early 2000s horror films like Final Destination 2 have aged brilliantly. The opening accident scene is a brilliant bit of cinema, the build up and execution. Stunning by any measure. Rest of the film is solid. I think Texas Chainsaw 3D is the last great film of this particular strain of horror...