Search results

1. Razoola

CPS1 palette copy weirdness

I can confirm CPS2 works that way.... The palette needs to be updated during vblank for the palette to update correctly. This is the reason CPS2 games on original hardware have bad colors during the initial boot check screen (before the warnings), but not every single time. Once the vblank...
  2. Razoola

Spam in Neo Geo dev wiki

This has been cleaned up now, spam removed, devwiki gets a clean bill of health.
  3. Razoola

Spam in Neo Geo dev wiki

I will look into this. I dont have perms to delete the message though.
  4. Razoola

4-slot board UniBios 4.0 - Address Error

From the exception error it seems the Bios cannot see the expected carts data as it should. Instead of getting a valid address from 0x10e, its getting 0xFFFFFFFF. As ack says, this is causing the error as its an odd value. Reading a word from memory must always be an even address.
  5. Razoola

UNIVERSE BIOS v4 is now free.

As some of you know I have stopped selling the UNIVERSE BIOS last year. As of today you can download the latest versions from the download section at www.universebios.com. Please note that this does not give one the right or permission to start selling it on eBay or any other website. If you...
  6. Razoola

Have I found a perviously unknown code for Last Blade / Last Blade 2 (NeoGeo CD versions)?

Been looking at these games and discovered in the coding a button code for both games that I have not seen mentioned anywhere in any game FAQs online. Basically if you hilight the demo viewer in the options menu of either game and press the following button code - (C) (C) (C) (C) (C) (C) (B)...
  7. Razoola

CPS2 Label Variants

I listened to a couple of minutes of that video. I'm not sure about what he is saying about those progear boards. It's not exactly difficult for someone to knock something up and then say its ultra rare. Capcom USA handed out the screw seal stickers like no ones business for example, I have a...
  8. Razoola

Any unlockables in Kof96 collection (NeoGeo CD)?

Does the King of Fighters 96 collection on NeoGeo CD have any onlockable features or secrets? If so what and how to open? Raz
  9. Razoola

161-in-1 version 2 stability fix.

It is with a big thanks to 'ack' that this issue was found and fixed. To cut a long story short, ack donated me a 4SLOT in relation to fixing issues in PICKnMIX on multislot hardware. Once I got the MVS I could not get my 161-in-1 working correctly with it. Yet for ack it was working fine. Only...
  10. Razoola

NEOGEO 161 IN 1 - NEWER VERSION? GadgetUK164

It is with a big thanks to 'ack' that this issue was found and fixed. To cut a long story short, ack donated me a 4SLOT in relation to fixing issues in PICKnMIX on multislot hardware. Once I got the MVS I could not get my 161-in-1 working correctly with it. Yet for ack it was working fine. Only...
  11. Razoola

Currently in progress of dumping Stakes Winner Alpha dev board

I have had a quick look, and hooked up a driver in kawaks. The missing data would be P2 from a normal NeoGeo ROM set. Hooking up the equilivant P2 region from stakes winner did not seem to help from the quick test I did. I'll have more of a look later. C ROMs need to be loaded like other...
  12. Razoola

PICKnMIX Help & Support thread.

I have started this thread so users can ask for help and get support when using the Universe Bios v4.0 PICKnMIX feature. Hopefully this thread will stay small as everything should work and has been well tested. But you never know. A special thanks to 'ack' for exstensive bug reporting and...
  13. Razoola

Universe Bios 4.0 MVS/AES released!

It's finally here... After over 2 years of waiting version 4.0 of The Universe Bios is here. This year is SNK's 40th anniversary so it seems really fitting to release v4.0 in the same year. Big new feature in this version (PICKnMIX) and lots of other new things, changes and fixes also. While...
  14. Razoola

The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Is this it??? https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial_jp/status/986786502679015424
  15. Razoola

NEOGEO 161 IN 1 - NEWER VERSION? GadgetUK164

There is also another newer version of the 161in1 PCB. I cannot remember who gave me these photos but here they are.
  16. Razoola

NeoGeo ROM Preservation Society thread.

What MS3 needs is a two step approach. Firstly somone to read the SMA (with PC2NEO). Then somone who can safely remove and read the following devices (pictured below). I don't think the NGPC dumper will do it either so they will need to be removed from the PCB first. I guess this is unless you...
  17. Razoola

NeoGeo ROM Preservation Society thread.

Thanks, here is edited version :) Here is a thread listing NeoGeo game revisions that are known to exist but are not currently preserved (dumped). The aim of this thread is to get these games saved and also a place to keep a list of known unpumped game revisions. I will keep this list updated...
  18. Razoola

PICKnMIX button configuration Poll.

What button configuration makes more sense when cycling up and down through games? The thinking on option 1 is given 'A' is the primary button it should advance game (A=advance). 'B' is for previous game (B = Back). The thinking behind option 2 is it makes the buttons act like turning the...
  19. Razoola

WTB: NeoGeo AES

I'm looking for an AES. It does not have to be pretty or come with a joystick or RGB mods as long as its fully working. I would need the PSU and video lead. It would be very helpful if it has had a socket installed for the Universe Bios. This is going to be used for some dev work.
  20. Razoola

NeoGeo Time going untra fast / speeding.

I have an intermittant fault coming on my MV1-FS. It seems that sometimes the time goes into overdrive and is speeding along like no tomorrow. Anyone else seen this problem and if so is it an easy fix? While it speeds this way does it also drain the backupRAM battery quicker?