Search results

1. ManiG

Final Vendetta by Bitmap Bureau

I’m grateful the console is getting new games in 2023. As a software engineer and SNK fan I just find it really cool that there’s a company crazy enough to do this. I also like the game 🤷‍♂️
  2. ManiG

AES stick connector: any way to open it up?

The hard part is opening up the connector of the joystick. Turned out to be fairly easy if you have a couple super small/sharp flat head screwdrivers. See the video above where he talks about where to push in the screwdriver. Then it's just a matter of pushing the connectors that came out, back...
  3. ManiG

Ugh wish I knew this. What a pain. Now I have to repair my AES controller. Thanks Alec.
  4. ManiG

I managed to open up the connector and debug the issue. Turns out the internal pins on the female connector of the extension cord from Stone Age Gamer are too long. They end up going too deep into the holes of the AES connector and pushing out the wires. Dont buy the extension cord from Stone...
  5. ManiG

Yeah. Many parallels to cars. Amazing and exclusive in so many ways, but shit-tier build quality and reliability. I think of the AES as the Delorean of consoles.
  6. ManiG

ah so it can be opened! Thanks maki!
  7. ManiG

I don’t actually remember pulling it by the cord, but assuming something like that happened because it was working before I disconnected it. This is a console I just bought used so for all we know the connector was in rough shape when I got it.
  8. ManiG

I think I tugged on the cable too hard when pulling it out of the console and now most of the buttons stopped working. There is some “give” where the joystick cable goes into the connector. If I push them together, some of the buttons start working again. So that’s definitely where the problem...
  9. ManiG

AES, Last Blade, NeoSD, 161 in 1

PM sent
  10. ManiG

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Yeah so after lurking this site for a little while, a couple of decades later I finally went for it. it’s got the RGB bypass and I picked up a Retrotink 5x as well. Can’t wait to try it out on my OLED back in NYC with scanlines and HDR enabled. now I just need some games … prices have been a...