Search results

1. @M

RIP Richard Belzer (Law & Order SVU Detective Munch)

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/19/entertainment/richard-belzer-death/index.html
  2. @M

Gaming magazine pseudonyms

How do you feel about game reviewers using pseudonyms instead of their real names in game magazines? It was an issue of PSM I think, that I remember Chris Slate writing a list of dos/don'ts for doing game mags and one of his bullet points was for staff to use their real names, he felt that...
  3. @M

Hmm, stamps went up again.

I haven't needed to get stamps for awhile, so, I was surprised when I went down to my local post office to buy some just now and found out that they raised first class stamps to 63¢ a week ago. I imagine it was on the news, but, I never saw it.
  4. @M

Tax question

So, I'm almost done with my income taxes, but, unsure of where to put $350 I got from a side job. The payer didn't issue me a 1099 NEC/MISC because the total amount was under $600, so, they aren't obligated to do so, and no federal/state taxes or social security were taken out of that $350. I'm...
  5. @M

Amazon question: Do you mark all of your orders as gifts?

The other day, I got an item from Amazon where they just slapped the shipping label on the retail box and sent it unprotected like that (it doesn't happen often, but, I've experienced that before, as have others). I was talking to a woman about this and she advised me to always check the box...
  6. @M

Credit card cashback % changes when using PayPal

Have you ever noticed that you get a different cashback % if you pay for a purchase with your credit card through PayPal as opposed to using the card directly? When I use PayPal on AliExpress, I get 1% back, 5% if I don't; obviously, I stopped using PayPal when I discovered that. I'm guessing...
  7. @M

Kitties 4 Lyfe

What do you think of women that wear cat ears all day, everywhere? There's a young woman that works at my local Walmart that does, and I've occasionally crossed paths with her in other places, in adjacent cities, and she's never without them, no matter where she is or what she's doing. And...
  8. @M

Lisa Marie Presley dead at 54.

Cardiac arrest. Mostly famous for being Elvis' only child and her short marriage to Michael Jackson. https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/12/entertainment/lisa-marie-presley-cardiac-arrest/index.html
  9. @M

Chance encounters

I don't recall what thread it was, but, I was discussing a local down-on-your-luck apartment building with single rooms (just a bed and sink in each, communal bathrooms and kitchen) that are super cheap with only $200-a-month rent. Well, after my medical appointment in that neighboring city...
  10. @M

Left, Right, Center

So, I was just watching The Talk earlier (M's a faggot like that) and they had Reba McEntire on as a guest, and she was talking about games she likes to play, and she loves "Left, Right, Center". What the fook is that you ask? I didn't know either, but, she explained it. You roll a die, if you...
  11. @M

Game development credit you don't want

If you worked on a video game that is universally hated/mocked, would you still put it on your resume? I probably wouldn't, unless it was the only game to my credit. I'd list my job duties/accomplishments at the development studio, and maybe mention some other titles that I worked on that were...
  12. @M

A good ribbing

I think I may have cracked/broken a rib at work Friday night. I was yanking some equipment through the snow in the parking lot (blizzard going on), the metal hook slipped and came loose, rocketed back at me, and struck me in the chest. I had my glasses in my jacket pocket (because they fog up in...
  13. @M

David & Thanos

I just found out about this today. There's this poor fook named David who has his birthday ruined by Thanos every year, just because he's a dick like that. Thanos doesn't have any real reason for it, just evil for the sake of evil. Sometimes it's murder: Sometimes stupid shit like making his...
  14. @M

Art forms you admire but don't do

I like food art, especially cake decorating. Aside from the visual presentation, it's always been fascinating to me that people spend many hours, even days, making something that's just going to be eaten and/or go bad and will only live on as a photograph.
  15. @M

Little Drummer Boy challenge 2022

Shoulda started this thread sooner. Are you still going drummer free or did he pound your ear drums? Surprisingly, considering that they play looping Xmas music all day on the speakers at work, I should have failed already, but, I'm still in the running with only 4 days left to go. I've been...
  16. @M

Platforms in the sky

Just a thought that occurred to me this morning: Do you think the "ring out" structure of 3D fighting games (Virtua Fighter, Tekken, Battle Arena Toshinden, etc.) was intentional, from the beginning of the game design process, or it was simply a convenient solution to the spatial/performance...
  17. @M

An important unanswered question about NG.com moderators/administrators

What's their stance on whether or not it's better to be a vampire or a werewolf? That shit is important for us to know... https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3759405-obama-mocks-herschel-walker-over-werewolf-vampire-talk/ "Former President Obama rallied for incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock...
  18. @M

What do you make of this?

Anybody ever get one of these from a local USPS office? There was no stamp on it, it was just a folded and taped piece of paper with my address, but not my name, written on the outside, and left in my mailbox. The phone number to call is legit (I've called there before, to check on package...
  19. @M

Subungual hematomas

Ever have a subungual hematoma (blood trapped under a nail)? This is my first one, from an animal bite (both my nail and the skin on the other side were pierced by teeth). I read that they usually take 2-3 months to go away, on your hand, longer on the toes, or, you can go to a hospital and have...
  20. @M

Bifocals

Do any of you have bifocals? What do you think of them? My optometrist has suggested them at my eye exams in the past, and, I've been hesitant, but, this morning, I finally caved and agreed for my new glasses. I often take my glasses off, or look under them, for books/magazines, my phone...