Search results

1. Hansuke

Intermittent B240 Backup Ram Error (MV2)

Would a corroded trace explain why the ram error seems to be intermittent? Like sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Seems random.
  2. Hansuke

Thanks for the detailed write up. There aren't any marked off areas with thick white lines on an MV2. Here's a picture of an MV2 from mvs-scans. There seem to be two 74HC32's in the top left section of the board. I'm assuming that I should just look at the 74HC32 closest to the battery?
  3. Hansuke

I'm a complete amateur on these matters so if it's not too much to ask, could you please explain how to examine the OE signal and what it is? I'm unsure what an "OE" signal is, but am aware that the 74HC32 is an "OR" gate. Is that what you meant? To check to see if the OR gate is functioning...
  4. Hansuke

I get this strange backup ram B240 error on an MV2. Write 5555, Read B240. I'm aware that it's a common error, but it seems to be intermittent and can be induced. I noticed that whenever I play a multicart, (161 in 1, 100 in 1, etc.) after playing some games for a while, sometimes the physical...
  5. Hansuke

Audio Issue With MVS MV4 Sound Crackle In 4 Slot

There's a link in the opening post to an audio recording that has the same issue as me. You can hear the crackle in the highs of the sample playback during the Blazing Star opening theme. I also get distorted lower bass like the drums in Nakoruru's stage in Samurai Shodown 1 or Kage's stage. It...
  6. Hansuke

Update Post: So I've recapped all the electrolytic caps in the MV4. It fixed the audio levels being unbalanced and the audio sounds louder at a lower setting on the volume slider. However, the audio crackle remains... I went ahead and replaced both the YM2610 and the YM3016 DAC. No...
  7. Hansuke

What arcade stick do you own?

I got mine from ArcadeShock.com and some from FocusAttack.com They're both great and trusted distributers in the US. I went with ArcadeShock because they actually include the Cherry DX44 switches with the button price so you don't have to buy them separately and was cheaper overall for me.
  8. Hansuke

PCM Sound & Stability Fixes Multicarts - 120 in 1, 138 in 1, 161 in 1 and others.

I have a 100 in 1 multicart that has the same audio issue, sounds get like 200% loud randomly. Does anyone have pics of where and what caps to put on the 100 in 1 multicart to fix it?
  9. Hansuke

What arcade stick do you own?

I just bought some concave IL buttons recently the past month and they seem fine to me. The plunger in your button seems to be taller than the buttons I have though. Are they the short stem ones? I only have experience dealing with the long steam buttons from IL. I even got some of the...
  10. Hansuke

I've tried it at 25%, 50%, and 75%. The crackle is present at all volumes it seems, it sounds less loud as the volume decreases of course. I've also now noticed that the audio in the right channel sounds louder than the left channel. I really hope that this is just a cap issue and recapping...
  11. Hansuke

After reading back the title of the thread, yea, it is kind of confusing. I wish we could edit thread titles...
  12. Hansuke

Yea, at the moment, I definitely don't have to toolset or knowledge to solve this issue through tracing ICs. Still hoping recapping the audio section will clear it up. It would be nice if it was only one slot that had this audio crackle problem, but like I said in the first post, it's there in...
  13. Hansuke

I most definitely have the older MV4. It says only "NEO-MVH MV4" on the PCB exactly where the scan shows. Also, the board layout of my MV4 matches the MV4 on mvs-scans. So what exactly would I need to replace? Unsure of what the bus arbiter is on the MV4
  14. Hansuke

Those don't include the mylar caps.
  15. Hansuke

Thanks for the reference! You don't happen to have a cap list including the mylar caps of the audio section of the MV4 do you?
  16. Hansuke

I seem to have an audio issue with sound crackling from my MV4. It happens only on certain louder sounds/music. For example, the neo geo startup jingle sounds flawless, but for louder sounds like explosions in metal slug or the intro voice over in SamSho1, there's a crackle in the audio. The...
  17. Hansuke

NEO-MVH MV1FS Battery Replacement?

Thanks for coming back with the recommendation holder! Looked up the MV2F and the battery area looks slightly different from an MV1FZS. The MV2F has circular holes for the battery leads whereas the MV1FZS has wider rectangular slits, functionally, I don't think it makes a difference. I went...
  18. Hansuke

Thanks for the tips about using Deoxit!
  19. Hansuke

I have some experience replacing the battery in Dreamcasts and those have a 3 pin layout for the 2032 battery holder. Would a regular 2 pin 2032 holder work for the MV1FZS and still enable the charging properly?
  20. Hansuke

Cool! Can you help me with my other questions that I have in the OP? Also, do you have a product link to a specific battery holder?