Search results

1. Hansuke

Big Red MVS 2-Slot PSU Issue?

I have bought a cabinet with dead psu and needed a drop in replacement. I bought this because I couldn't find a 1:1 replacement PSU that was in stock. Even though it isn't a 1:1 replacement dimensions wise it seems like it should still work. It came in, I've hooked up the 9-pin, 4-pin, and...
  2. Hansuke

Intermittent B240 Backup Ram Error (MV2)

I get this strange backup ram B240 error on an MV2. Write 5555, Read B240. I'm aware that it's a common error, but it seems to be intermittent and can be induced. I noticed that whenever I play a multicart, (161 in 1, 100 in 1, etc.) after playing some games for a while, sometimes the physical...
  3. Hansuke

Audio Issue With MVS MV4 Sound Crackle In 4 Slot

I seem to have an audio issue with sound crackling from my MV4. It happens only on certain louder sounds/music. For example, the neo geo startup jingle sounds flawless, but for louder sounds like explosions in metal slug or the intro voice over in SamSho1, there's a crackle in the audio. The...
  4. Hansuke

NEO-MVH MV1FS Battery Replacement?

Just came into one of these in a cabinet and it's going to be my first mvs machine. Took a look at the board and the battery is really corroded, green acid on the coin battery, etc. Some of the acid has dripped onto legs of chips, but fortunately, everything seems to still be working. I was...
  5. Hansuke

Neo Geo Pocket Color Issue

Greetings. So I just recently fired up my NGPC and was looking to enjoy some games. I replaced the CR2032 battery and put in fresh AAs. I set the time, language, etc. Then after the NGPC boot screen, the system just randomly shuts off by itself. I have no idea why this is happening. I noticed...