Search results

1. J

Need help with two CMVS MV1C boards

It was absolutely invisible to the naked eye (and thanks a million to my Pixel 7 phone with a 8x digital zoom) but I could see there was actually a bridge between the two pins of SDMRD and SDROM on the NEO-YSA2 This avoided me a very long and painful desoldering session. I just cleaned the...
  2. J

Component video was working with the OSSC yes (board B still outputs component video just fine to the OSSC as well) I haven't had time to progress on this yet, should have more time this weekend and will report back what I found.
  3. J

I think I've found the culprit: for some reason, I have continuity between SDMRD and SDROM. On board A (which had sound, albeit broken) there's no continuity. Can someone confirm that SDMRD and SDROM are not supposed to be connected ?
  4. J

Damn ok, is there anything else to try ? I really don't want to desolder two of those chips, without any guarantee the transplant would work 😩
  5. J

So I put the board A aside for the time being and got a logic probe (Elenco LP-560) to test board B. If I understand this correctly, according to the datasheet for the BU9480F I need to test pin 6 to see if there's any incoming signal from the YM2610 (which is integrated into NEO-YSA2) And...
  6. J

Pics above are from board A which also has the hot chip yeah. Is there any way to make sure ? Honestly, nothing eventful happened that could explain the board/chip dying like that. I'm hoping it's just a benign symptom that could be easily fixed. Some power issue somewhere maybe ?
  7. J

I did some comparison tests between board A and B and I noticed that the NEO-GRZ chip on board A heats up very quickly, to the point I can not keep my finger on it without burning myself (within just a few dozens of seconds after powering the board on). All other chips seem fine (NEO-YSA2 heats...
  8. J

Here are some pictures of board A as it came to me (and it was working) Back-side, around the center, a trace seems to have been cut (there's still continuity in the other traces) Back-side, back-up area Back-side, two resistors were added on top of the original ones ? Back-side, PC25 and...
  9. J

Actually board A has a custom chip with unibios 3.3 on it (just checked, I didn't realize the chip was different) Board B still has the original bios. Just tested with the 470uf back on and tried to fiddle with VR1 while booting up the board with a cart on. Couldn't hear any sound at all...
  10. J

Both boards still have their original bios chip soldered on, although board A seems to have had some modifications done to it (I see two legs lifted up). When board A video was working, I could see an unibios 3.3 menu at startup so that was probably the modification done to it ? I could...
  11. J

Hello and happy new year :) I need help with two consolized MVS MV1C boards (which I'll call A and B). They come with one supergun adapter (made in china) for the inputs and the MVS-CBOX-A in the back for component and RGBS output. Both boards have been confirmed partially working (correct...