Search results

1. zer0hue

Speak To Yourself, And Think Aloud

Genuine ignorance is profitable because it is likely to be accompanied by humility, curiosity, and open-mindedness; whereas ability to repeat catch-phrases, cant terms, familiar propositions, gives the conceit of learning and coats the mind with varnish waterproof to new ideas. -John Dewey...
  2. zer0hue

The Official "PS3 To Be Sony’s Ruin" Thread...

Because my interest in video games (outside of old arcade stuff) is almost exclusively abstract and theoretical, I manage to derive some genuine enjoyment in following the business of gaming. While indulging in this fascination, I stumbled upon Wired Magazine’s write-up of Sony’s...
  3. zer0hue

America: Freedom To Fascism...

I heard of this documentary some time ago, but for some reason never looked into it. The trailer is technically awkward, but it’s my understanding now that this film is more information-centric than aesthetic. As such, I don’t expect it to have the same following as flashier docutainment fare...
  4. zer0hue

What are the best haunts in Transylvania?

I have a few weeks of vacation saved up, and I’m looking to stab myself some vampires. I would also like to find a good five-star haunted manor. Swimming pool, gym, and ghosts are a must. And none of that cheap invisible moaning shit. I’m talking at least a Class-9, full-torsoed vapor. AAA...
  5. zer0hue

Contra: Hard Corps > Contra III...

This is incontrovertible. No, I did not go for the easy pun there. However, let me explain how I arrived at this conclusion. Until a few weeks ago I had never played Contra. Any Contra. My excuse? I just don’t play games that much. As such, I believe that I am able to render an impartial...
  6. zer0hue

Is Money An Illusion?

I’ll be honest, I’ve never really cared that much about money. Oh sure, like any kid I always wanted things and soon discovered the easiest way to get those things was by having a personal income. However, as I got older I began to realize, slowly at first and then seemingly at once, that...
  7. zer0hue

For Ten Points...

When traveling at a subsonic speed during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening? And for extra points, how many wraths till the nearest molton? Be specific, this is a real question.
  8. zer0hue

Sony: “Where’s The Good News?”

Even if it’s fake, it’s brilliant...
  9. zer0hue

Do Not Open Until Doomsday...

Seeing as my computer is slowly becoming archaic and I have neither the funds nor the inclination to update it, I’ve recently been exhuming old PC software I never got to play the first time around. While feeding my well-publicized Quake fixation (thanks to two devilishly good expansion packs)...
  10. zer0hue

PS3 Dead On Arrival Part Deux!?!

This is intended to be an extension/reevaluation of Big Shady’s thread now that E3 is out of the way and most of the information has been firmed up by all the parties involved. However, the ideas expressed within are my own and predicated upon the following observations: 1) PS3 Gimmickry: I...
  11. zer0hue

Is Quake Still The Best Single-Player FPS Experience?

I’m going with yes...
  12. zer0hue

The Story of David Icke...

David Icke believes the world is governed by a shadowy cabal of financial elites who are actually the decedents of an alien reptile race. That’s probably where we should start. If that single idea prevents you from seriously considering anything this man has ever said, then perhaps your mind...
  13. zer0hue

Your Political Compass...

Though I’m certain this will quickly regress into yet another bout of juvenile left-right bickering, I’d be interested to know what some people think about a political compass. For those of you too lazy to read, it basically replaces the common, archaic left-right paradigm with a more specific...
  14. zer0hue

Giving Sight To The Blind, The Dumb Are Mostly Intrigued By The Drum...

Jedi Mind Tricks - The Psycho-Social, Biological & Electromagnetic Manipulation Of Human Consciousness Where to begin? I gave Violent By Design a listen some time ago just to acquaint myself with JMT. I found it to be better-than-average, if not wildly inconsistent at times. Time passed and...
  15. zer0hue

Just Consider...

The following is a speech that I presented to my Communication class last week. Essentially, it’s a year’s worth of political analysis, philosophical study, and personal reflection distilled into about ten minutes. As such, it suffers from a great deal of truncation. Also, unlike some of the...
  16. zer0hue

Allow Me To Explain The Extent To Which I Despise “Questionable Content”...

For those of you not in the know, Questionable Content is a webcomic that’s been around for a couple of years now. It’s unique in that it updates five times a week, and thusly its creator has amassed quite a bit of story at this point. The problem mostly stems from the fact that the “story” is...
  17. zer0hue

2D Games As Art...

You might remember the frightening, zombie octopus fellow in my sig not too long ago. That was the work of a brilliant animator named Paul Robertson and it was taken from his recent short film Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006. Well, the film is finally online and it is truly a...
  18. zer0hue

Anyone Else Hope Metal Slug 6 Really Is The Last Slug...?

Seeing as I’ve posted about four Neo-related topics in three years or so, I figure I’m due for another. I’ve been playing all the Slugs like crazy lately, and I’ve made some rather startling discoveries / revelations. In reality, they’re quite small, trivial even, but it’s the implications...
  19. zer0hue

Audio / Video Mindfuck Machine...

God bless those Germans. Is there nothing they can’t invent...?