Search results

1. Catoblepa

Post Your Recent Purchases!

My new purchase. Thankfully you can still find some good deals from time to time... a boxed AES stick in very good condition (cracked ball, of course) + AES RGB cable for 80 bucks isn't bad at all.
  2. Catoblepa

FOUND: SS2 home cart, loose/working

I've bought an MVS Pochi & Nyaa boot on Aliexpress a couple of years ago. Paid 55 EUR, now the same game from the same shop goes for 72 EUR, so even the bootlegs seem to have gone up in price (maybe I should've bought other stuff like Ghostlop and Ironclad when it was cheaper). I don't know if...
  3. Catoblepa

The PSP seems kind of cool.

Right, I forgot to mention Valkyria Chronicles 2. I loved that game. Haven't played the third yet, if I'm not mistaken it got an english fan translation. Really? I don't recall ever having this issue, unless you're talking about an unmodded Vita (I guess so).
  4. Catoblepa

Not a fan of the series, but I like Neo Bomberman

I guess you can tell from my avatar that I enjoy this series... Loved the first Dynablaster/Bomberman on my Amiga 500. I didn't have a Super Famicom or a PCE with a multitap, so I had to wait for the PS1 to play Bomberman as it's meant to be played - total multiplayer chaos with friends. Our...
  5. Catoblepa

Slim, excellent choice.
  6. Catoblepa

StoneAgeGamer and Terraonion Pre-Orders for NeoSD Pro AES/MVS

Yeah, I've recently bought a blue v3 (kept the my old banana cart, too). Thanks for the suggestion! I've completely missed that thread in arcade-projects, I was keepin' an eye on the discussion about the "no fluff" multicart and I had no idea they started takin' preorders. Sadly, the import...
  7. Catoblepa

StoneAgeGamer and Terraonion Pre-Orders for NeoSD Pro AES/MVS

Looking at the prices, both TerraOnion and Darksoft, and considering the technical issues (plus the risk of puttin' all your eggs in one basket), I wonder if a 161in1 + buying single bootlegs from Aliexpress for the best games that are missing in the banana/blue cart might be the better choice...
  8. Catoblepa

Show me your white MVS carts!

I think I have more SNKG carts with an english label, but I'll have to check; anyway, we've already seen Power Spikes II and Puzzle Bobble english labels in this thread, and I might've missed others. I'm startin' to wonder if SNK just slapped the boards in any shell they had available at that...
  9. Catoblepa

Show me your white MVS carts!

My rental Puzzle De Pon, took this picture ages ago because of the funny serial number (not the very first cart out of the factory, okay, but still the lowest sum you can get between those numbers 🤭)
  10. Catoblepa

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Excellent review of Sengoku 2 @Neo Alec - when you talk about a game, it always feels like the definitive retrospective (you clearly put a lot of effort in your research). I have the MVS cart but I haven't played it enough... most brawlers tend to get very repetitive after a while, but we forget...
  11. Catoblepa

Same here, my favorite console of all time. Of course modifying a PSVita Slim is super easy nowadays (you literally connect to a site with your Vita and it does everything for you), and when you're done you'll have the best PSP ever. I suggest the Slim model, despite the inferior LCD screen...
  12. Catoblepa

Does anyone here live in Italy?

Still not 100% sure if the question is serious (it's my fault, forum humour is often lost on me), but with Italy you can't really give a generic answer 'cause every region is like a miniature nation with its culture, food, dialect, history and weather. Planning to move here, Joe? BTW I wouldn't...
  13. Catoblepa

Chat message

of course
  14. Catoblepa

Chat message

the great thing is that no matter in which region you live, you're always a couple/three hours distant from the sea or from the mountains
  15. Catoblepa

Chat message

lol Well... it really depends which part of Italy you're talking, as with any other nation (I live in a big city in the North)
  16. Catoblepa

Chat message

@joe8 I live in Italy
  17. Catoblepa

Dreamcast - turns on but no video, no audio

👍 I'll probably do that too, yup (ordering from Aliexpress, since on Amazon it's basically double the price for the same product)
  18. Catoblepa

So, I've managed to do a much better test with my brother's help (he's the tech guy) and I'm afraid my Dreamcast is gone, or at least very hard to repair. Using a laboratory power supply in place of the PSU, we noticed a big current draw on the 3.3V line (up to 2A), which explains the voltage...
  19. Catoblepa

Oh, yeah, I've read about that possible mistake. Thankfully the only work I've ever done on my Dreamcast was changing the first PSU, so I'm pretty sure that's not the case - and if I'll manage to get it working again, I'll just remove the drive and put a MODE there (or maybe a GDEmu? The price...