Search results

1. S

Replacing the battery on the MVS

Let's make one battery-specific thread regarding the Neo. Whatever information is posted in this thread I'll add to this first post. The MVS (4-slot and 6-slot specifically) has a 3.6v 50mAh Ni-Cd rechargeable battery that helps hold things such as BIOS settings and high scores. This battery...
  2. S

[REQ] Need roms burned

Hey there. I have a VF2 board that I need to update to VF2.1. I mailed AndyGeezer about it about 3 months ago and still havent heard back from him, so I'm asking here instead. Can anyone here burn me the roms necessary to upgrade the board? Here's the one reply I did get out of him: Hope that...
  3. S

Need some help - converting a Virtua Fighter 2 to 2.1

Hey guys. I need some help. Basically I have a VF2 board, and I want to convert it to VF2.1. Can someone tell me what roms I would need to replace? If it's easy enough to upgrade the board maybe I'll do that instead of looking for a whole new one. I know theres a MAME dump of this game...
  4. S

Competition Joysticks getting stuck on microswitches?

I bought some new Comp. joys from happ the other day, and sometimes I get lucky with these things, and other times I don't. This time I didn't. Sometimes these joysticks get caugh on their own microswitches. On the microswitch theres a little tiny white piece of plastic with two gaps next to it...
  5. S

Confusing part numbers... and how to measure potentiometer wattage?

I have a bit of a problem. I'm about to order replacement parts for a WG K7000 series monitor, which needs a new contrast pot on the remote board. Now I have another machine with the same remote board, that reads the pot as 10K XE with a part number of VR101 (the same exact part number, and...
  6. S

MKII - Loud hum from speaker?

Firstly, I'd like to state that I can confirm this is NOT the monitor. My speaker is exhibiting some strange behavior. Most notably, theres a large audible hum/buzz coming from the speaker. Not super noticable during gameplay, but you have no problem hearing it when theres no audio going on...
  7. S

Where to buy: New games?

COE can't be the only place to buy new games. Can it? Not that I have the cash for them, but I want to start saving up for VF5R, SF4, and a few other new game boards, but I have no idea where to even begin looking for them. Does anyone here know of another place? Thanks in advance, Shmenge
  8. S

Do all carts have a 'loose' feeling?

As some of you may know I recently obtained a 4-slot. However one thing I noticed is that all the carts I have, they seem to be loose, letting the two PCB's inside wiggle back and forth. Ironically, this seemed to be causing the coin door resets on my machine, because as soon as I tightened them...
  9. S

WTB: CvS2 setup, MvC2 cart, MK4, SFA3, Third Strike, VF2.1, VF3 + JAMMA extensions

So I want to convert my Capcom vs SNK machine into Capcom vs SNK 2. I have the mobo from CvS1 but I need the software for CvS2, along with the GD-Rom, Dimm and whatever else I need (cables, etc) to play the game. Also, if anybody has a Marvel vs Capcom 2 kit, lmk! Thanks in advance, Shmenge
  10. S

Where to buy control panel locks?

I have a midway cabinet with some broken CP locks. Does anybody know where I could buy some new ones? I tried searching my regular places but nothing comes up. Thanks in advance, Shmenge
  11. S

Neo Kortek 25" Monitor schematics

Does anybody here have these? I seem to have a very rare replacement Kortek monitor in my v3 4-slot, one of which I can't find the model number for, and seems to be the only 25" Kortek ever released that has a fan over the flyback (yes, it's supposed to be there). I wan't to do a cap...
  12. S

Weird Neo 4-slot v3 problem - game doesn't remember settings?

Hey everyone. Firstly I want to thank everyone here that helped me with the Neo as I was getting it ready to give as a christmas gift, and I completely restored and repaired it (in under a week!). Needless to say, they loved it! :D However I do have some weird problem that I haven't noticed...
  13. S

WTB: Legit Bust a Move 2, SS2, WH2 and Garou MVS Cart

If anyone has this, lmk! :)
  14. S

I got the Neo!

OK, so now I have the Neo home and ready to restore. One thing I wanted to know, is if anyone here knows what model monitor comes with the NG 4-slot v3, stock? I think the brand starts with a K, and I couldn't locate the model number anywhere. There's a very large 200W cap in the corner of the...
  15. S

WTB: Working 4-Slot MVS Mobo - NEED ASAP!

Hey everyone. I need a working 4 slot mobo, and I need it to get to me in time for christmas. If anyone here has a 4 slot for sale, please let me know asap! :(
  16. S

How to prevent yellowing from light bulbs?

Technically I could have posted this in the other thread, but it's more of a seperate issue so I figured I'd give it it's own place. Basically I have a Naomi Uni, and I want to protect the artwork from getting sunfaded. Inside the Uni is an under cabinet fixture, and with most under cabinet...
  17. S

Wiring a marquee light to a cabinet - how to?

OK so I just want to confirm that this is infact as simple as it sounds. I have a cabinet that has no marquee light in it at all, not a bulb nor a fixture and it looks like the wiring for it was also ripped out of it. So now I have to figure out how to wire up a new fixture. I think this can be...
  18. S

What would stop an MVS 4-slot from booting up? BREAKTHROUGH: VIDEO RAM ERROR

So I bought a Neo, should get here on wednesday. But the mobo appears to be dead. When you power on the machine, the monitor and everything else comes on, but no picture/sound/credit LEDs. Now I thought it could be the voltage, but the guy I'm buying it from says he put the motherboard on a test...
  19. S

Repairing damaged corners on a Neo 4-slot v3

So I bought the Neo this afternoon (will have it here wednesday, hopefully) and I noticed it needs some wood work to the right of the CP. Now I've done my research, and from what I've seen on these forums it's 50/50, half recommend bondo, half recommend other. Here's what I was thinking: Take...
  20. S

Only have one pic... does this Puzzle Bobble look like a boot?

That's the only pic I have of it. I've never seen one with a clear cart before, and the label being partially ripped off has me worried, but the PCB on the inside looks to be a full size SNK cart. I just wasnt sure if the clear cart was a give away. Thanks guys!