Search results

1. not sonic

WTB: someone to 3D print something for me.

My experiences with craftcloud and todd were so bad I bought my own printer. PM sent.
  2. not sonic

WTB: Garou Mark of the Wolves MVS

Looking for a copy of MotW for MVS. Don't care about condition or kit or anything, just as long as it's not a boot. I dunno how, but I lost my original copy. :(
  3. not sonic

Splitting Same Screen 2/4 Player JVS Games

I wanted to write this up like my Naomi linking post for both posterity and to get some suggestions for more games. I'm sure this may be common knowledge to most. So for starters, linking or splitting two cabinets for a single JVS game is really really easy. You just need to split the audio and...
  4. not sonic

Alibaba Vewlix clones, anyone buy one?

I'm looking to get one of those Vewlix clones that are all over Alibaba. From what I've heard they're wired for jamma, which isn't preferable but I don't really care either. They're like 1/3rd the price of a real Vewlix, and they have 1080p screens. Does anyone have experience with: 1. Vewlix...
  5. not sonic

Naomi Linking Basics/Findings

I just wanted to throw this out there in the hopes that someone might find it useful in the future. Things you need: 2+ Naomi motherboards 2+ Copies of the game 2+ Link boards 2+ Link cables The biggest reason I want to post this is that the link cables are just toslink optical cables. Do not...
  6. not sonic

FS: Metal Slug 3 Home Cart (Japanese)

I think it's time to list this bad boy. I got it from a member here when the US release was happening way back when. I don't really know what it goes for these days so I'll start at $2100, obo. https://imgur.com/a/5lEX8T4 Edit: Black Friday Sale: $1900
  7. not sonic

Naomi DIMM Upgrade? (from 2.17)

Any new ways to update dimms other than desoldering the chip or finding a disc? Anyone around here have a disc, or know someone that does, that can get me to 3+ for net booting?
  8. not sonic

IC: Naomi Universal Prototype? Cabinet

I have a fully disassembled Naomi Universal cabinet. I believe it is some kind of prototype as it is mostly fiberglass and lacks some of the features of a normal Naomi Universal. I'm pretty sure I've posted about it on here or AO before. Anyway, I fully disassembled this thing to move it when...
  9. not sonic

Any 1080p Cabinets?

Are any of the Japanese cabinets (viewlix, lindbergh, etc.) available with 1080p screens?
  10. not sonic

Sony XBR 970 HDTV CRT for sale $30 NJ pickup

UPDATE: On hold. Want to sell my Sony XBR970 HD CRT as it has once again come back to me. Comes with the remote. There's a shallow scratch that's not noticeable when it's on. I'm in a Woodbridge, NJ. Local pickup only. $30
  11. not sonic

WTS: Steam Link and Controller. $80

I have a relatively unused Steam Link and Steam Controller. Probably less than an hour on the controller and just a few more on the Link. Both come with their boxes. $80 together or $45 each. SOLD
  12. not sonic

Any suggestions for mounting Happ style sticks to a wood panel?

I'm working on putting together a wood panel with Happ Super sticks. I bought them from Focus Attack and they came with 4 small screws that seem too small to be mounting screws. They look like this (I know this is a competition stick in the picture)...
  13. not sonic

WTB: SNES Super Metroid

Somehow I don't own this and I need to fix that. Cart only is fine.
  14. not sonic

WTB: MVS Super Dodgeball, Super Spy, Blue's Journey

Want to buy Super Dodgeball. Also looking for Super Spy and Blue's Journey. Cart only is fine, don't care what region. No boots pls. Found: Money Puzzle Exchanger
  15. not sonic

Big Red PSA: Power supply switch wiring

I recently picked up what I believe to be a later model big red 2 slot. It has an MV2F mobo, unpainted control panel, and the curved button layout, no memory card or headphone jacks exposed. I also have what I believe is an older model big red 2 slot. MV2 mobo, mem card and headphone jacks...
  16. not sonic

MV2F Over volted, any ideas what might be broken?

I have an mv2f that was in a big red I was working on. I asked someone to turn it off, and instead of pushing the power button on the happ power supply, they pushed in the 5v adjustment pot. Now the board does this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD-hhF4ts3k It's not the psu as it's now doing...
  17. not sonic

WTB: 2 Slot MVS Board MV2F (or 4 or 6)

Looking for a 2 slot MVS board, preferably the MV2F. Also willing to go big or go home with a 4 or 6 slot. :vik:
  18. not sonic

Turbo Duo very low left audio, even after cap replacement.

So my duo has incredibly low audio on the left channel, it's effectively not being amplified. I replaced every cap, same deal. Not entirely sure where to go from here. I'm considering replacing the 4558 amp, maybe the left channel went bad? Any suggestions?
  19. not sonic

WTB: Bangai-o and REZ Dreamcast

Looking for a complete US version of Bangai-o. I'll take disc only UK or JP for REZ.
  20. not sonic

Sengoku 3 MVS corrupt graphics

So I've got a copy of Sengoku 3. Looks completely legit/original with all mask roms. No matter how I jiggle it, clean it, what mvs board i put it in, the graphics display corrupt. I checked all the solder joints and they seem fine. Here's some screens: Any ideas? :confused: