Search results

1. M

NG64 Game Conversion

Recently, I got Buriki One, which is my third fighting game for the system. The only one that's left is the first Samurai Spirits game, but it's rather expensive on eBay, which is pretty much what I'm limited to. This got me thinking. Is it possible to perform a game conversion and convert...
  2. M

Neo Geo 64 Revisions vs Versions compatibility

Ok, so here's the deal, and the problem. I'm aware of different board versios and revisions. It's telling them apart that's problematic. I would like to gain some clarity when it comes to revisions, namely: ● Are all versions [fighting, driving, shooting, korean] available in both revision 1...
  3. M

China doing consolized MVS

Apparently, someone in China figured it was time to get a piece of the consolized MVS action. I don't know whether or not this has been posted before, but it's the first time I see these. They can be found at Time Harvest Store, along with some familiar looking supergun designs.
  4. M

Game Boy Backlight, housing swap and bivert mod.

Yep! I finally did it! It's been a long time coming, but it had to be done. This was my original DMG from 1991. It had yellowed over the years, it had dead vertical lines, significant scratches on the screen cover ... you name it. It was in rough shape. Some time ago I have ordered everything...
  5. M

WTB - Kick harnesses, various systems

I'm looking for kick harnesses for the following systems: Taito F3 CPS2/3 Sega ST-V Ideally, CPS2/3 converters that can be connected to ST-V and F3, plus a CPS2/3 harness, so that I can use the same harness for all of these boards. I am willing to make my own cables as well, but I would need...
  6. M

Monkey Mole Panic

This is a game I always wanted to get, but it uses special controls, so I was reluctant. They're not that special, really, but it all depends on how it was solved. So, essentially it's a whack-a-mole game, with nine buttons plus 1P and 2P start buttons. The original cabinet has these dome...
  7. M

G-Net Modbios + CF game issues?

I've been having some seemingly minor issues with my G-Net on a modbios 2011 + CF setup. I'd appreciate it if anyone with this kind of configuration could check if these things happen on their board as well. RC de GO! - Runs a reset loop and won't boot at all. I get a flash of the color bars...
  8. M

Damn Scalers

Today I was exploring some cheaper options for image scaling, and I started considering the GBS-8200. I went through some videos, and it seemed OKish. I don't feel like spending tons of money on a Framemeister. I'd rather get some new arcade boards, or NeoSD's upcoming multi, or whatever it...
  9. M

Taito F3 and Tototek PS Controller converter

I've noticed a weird issue with Taito F3 and ToToTek's Neo to PlayStation controller converter. I'm also using Vogatek MKIV supergun. The issue appears in the test mode menu, where the "cursor" will cycle rapidly through the options, going upwards. I can stop it for a second by using directions...
  10. M

Fast And Fourier by Rebels & Neural - Neo Geo Pocket

I could have posted this in the Neo Geo Pocket section, but I figured it's more appropriate to have it among the homebrew projects. So ... mic, hitchhikr and RushJet1 put together world's first proper Neo Geo Pocket demo, complete with several effects and music. They even claim that title in...
  11. M

Triforce Update

I booted Virtua Striker 4 v. 2006 on my Triforce and it gave me a following message: "Boot/Firm version does not fulfill game the spec. Please enter game test to update." Once I go to the game test, sure enough, there is an update option, but what does it do, exactly? I'm guessing it updates...
  12. M

Naomi 2 Blinking Checkerboard Pattern

Yesterday my Naomi 2 played just fine. Today, when I tried booting up Virtua Fighter 4, I got a blinking checkerboard pattern, no sound and a whole lot of slowdown. I did a quick search and people seem to think it's a bad processor that might need replacing, or at the very least, reflowing. Is...
  13. M

IGS PGM3

While getting back into PGM and PGM2 stuff, I came across PGM3 and its Knights of Valour 3 HD. I totally forgot this even existed. Is KoV3 HD the only title released for it? The system looks interesting enough, with both JAMMA and JVS support, 16:9 and 4:3 modes, the usual 2P integration and so...
  14. M

Spreading Neo Geo love

I had some friends over today, and they brought their Nintendo Switch with them. I had my Neo out near my TV, and they asked me what it was, so I explained, booted it up and showed them some games. I told them some of these can be bought digitally, for the Switch. A while later, one of them had...
  15. M

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs Bootleg Problem

I've had it for ages, but it's always been like this. Any idea what might be the reason and if it's fixable? I did this video some time ago, and I don't have the board out, but I can take a picture if it helps to know which boot it is. P.S. - I realized now that the title is a bit misleading...
  16. M

Neo games 67% off on GOG

I hear the ports are pretty terrible, but I saw this on Twitter and thought I'd share. Blazing Star doesn't get much cheaper than this. https://www.gog.com/games?devpub=snk_corporation&sort=popularity&page=1 P.S. - Blazing Star is apparently single player only with no controller support. Only...
  17. M

HNG64 Korean Motherboard Compatibility

I don't have a Korean board, but I was always wondering why it can only play the samsho games. I know that Beast Busters and driving games have custom pinouts, but the Korean board supports fighting games. What's keeping it from running Buriki and Wild Ambition? Does it run a CRC check and if...
  18. M

D-Soft Neo Geo Flash Cartridge

I know D-Soft related topics can provoke some strong feelings in here, but heck, it's still a piece of Neo Geo hardware. Anyhow, today I found this in my YouTube subscriptions stream: I have to say, it's hard not to be impressed by the loading times, but there's are some interface and...
  19. M

Telltale Games' 5th Birthday! Games for $5

Telltale Games will soon celebrate its fifth birthday and they thought it would be cool to sell their games at a discount price for a limited period of time. If you want to get some of their episodes to see what Telltale is all about, use the following code and you'll pay $5 for each...