Search results

1. G

You guys ever play a game around Christmastime?

Usually doom / doom 2. Not always and not yet so far. For a melting pot or confluence of technology, culture, sub-culture and just expression it just occupies a near unassailable point for myself, not just nostalgically but in a kind of objective point in time when so much of that was...
  2. G

So that Sony Price Hike. An extra $40 right off the bat.

...There's no denyining the value for money and service the consoles offer a lot of people to get them into gaming. The problem is, however, the more they get you to invest, the very things that could have been said to make the console market accessible, then starts to make the environment...
  3. G

Anyone here seeing linus tech tips getting absolutely wrecked?

Linus is a goof. Gaming nexus is very thorough ... perhaps too thorough... There's money in it, so there be some drama - but most of the points of the points of contention are mind numbingly boring :D The only interesting thing is the Linus side might be in a bit of hot water when it comes...
  4. G

SNK Evo Japan 2023

bumping; there's a garou tourney right now...
  5. G

Electrocoin Neo Geo MVS

Yeah it was just the UK way. It was a similar situation with the 4 slots - not the perfect fit. No idea why... The only other vaguely popular multi cab setup over here was the megatech and that would have wanted 8 slots... Though I could see maybe only 3-6 options being popular numbers over...
  6. G

Pep's Collection

Lots of nice stuff... But yeah that aes + CD section is something else.
  7. G

Jaelus' Arcade

Those game specific cabs were crazy rare?... I don't think we ever got these in the UK... Congrats either which ways :)
  8. G

New (Odd Ball) MVS "Slot" Consolizer.......that is styled like a first gen Neo Geo CD (WTF?)

Seems ok, and well made, but it's not quite on point design wise, and for these kind of prices you'd kind of hope it was all perfect. Some of the extras like hdmi and harness seem ok, but weak, and that kind of undermines it all.
  9. G

Project Neon - possible neogeo shmup in the works

You're just making this to make a neo geo game. Even if you manufacture hype with carts and cart prices, but end up selling roms/mobile ports; that's still a legitimate part of releasing a game on this platform. Frankly it's just nice to see someone able to apparently see a project through...
  10. G

I have a sprawling retro collection and that includes a neo and 5 games

All regions just did the best with what they had... no region had tv standards setup for games - just electrical and broadcast concerns. Scart had more to do with cctv than it did gaming... ironically, bit like with editting, nearly all semi serious cctv equipment ended up being for svideo...
  11. G

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

All your content is a good watch, there's precious few channels that actually just talk about the games like you do. With the neo geo specifically it'll make a real nice collection, so yeah for selfish reasons I'll always hope for a full collection, but yeah just keep doing you. I like your...
  12. G

Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

... Only time will tell... But yeah this will only be when the toy passes from being a toy to an antique... I love the idea of people valuing things so highly vs. vases /whatever else traditional collectors have valued as art. But I'm not really interested by something I can't play with...
  13. G

Youtuber gets video taken down and ordered to pay $567.96 (or 500 Brit Lbs)... posts patreon link so she can feed her kids. what a world.

simping x video games ... ...just wonder how this stuff crosses over with real life - what are the kids going to think when they find this themselves in 5 years? Or has grifting just become part of what everyone does now and part of school curiculums?
  14. G

Legendary 8-bit/16-bit European games

Speedball 2 More seems to be made of Chaos Engine and Gods ... both of which are cool Bitmap Brothers games. But, at least for europe, Speedball 2, probably on megadrive, amiga, then atari st, then pc - just is still THE future sports game. Cadaver is often overlooked but well worth a mention...
  15. G

SNK announces THE KING OF FIGHTERS: The Ultimate History Book

It's a good book. But all these books are a bit 'light'/superficial in content versus some more investigative/detailed insights/interview collections that people might want. On the flip side they're very well made books, with good production. Excellent celebrations/coffee table books to flip...
  16. G

KOF 2002 UM...the best damn modern old school KOF

It was a good choice to try and brighten it up, but the original is still what 2002 is to me .... and new characters were a waste of time ... I've always wanted to figure out if it was possible to down res the backgrounds properly, used an slg on xbox 360 at one stage to help. ...but, kind of...
  17. G

WTB garou MOTW mvs

Hi there, looking for this game - 2nd place I'm looking ... been a while since I touched neo geo and would like to get to know this game. (Leeds, uk) Thanks for any help! [also gray117 on shmups and arcadeotaku]