Search results

1. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Post Your Recent Purchases!

I got these two gems in the mail this week. It’s going to take a while to replenish my retro gaming funds, but well worth it.
  2. Sammy/SNK-FAN

CRT Fetish Thread

My current setup is on a Sony 25inch Trinitron. I was lucky to get it from my wife’s great aunt before it got thrown out.
  3. Sammy/SNK-FAN

What was the first neogeo game you played in an arcade cabinet?

Samurai Showdown at Aladdin’s Castle when it first came out. It was my favorite arcade game for a few years. I didn’t really know much about Neo Geo until years later while living in Japan. I almost bought a 3DO for the beautiful port of Samurai Showdown (Thankfully, it was out of my budget at...
  4. Sammy/SNK-FAN

My humble home cart collection (rather pathetic, but a start).

Very cool, I was teaching there from 2001-2004. I did play at London Park a few times a month. They had a few fun cave shooters as well. My regular arcade for Neo games was a tiny place on the road up the hill to the big Catholic Church near the Peace park.
  5. Sammy/SNK-FAN

My humble home cart collection (rather pathetic, but a start).

Hi, I'm Randy. I'm sure you’ve heard it 1000x, but I'm an old SNK fan that recently started recollecting for the home cart system. Here is my current humble collection (I'm sure it looks rather pathetic compared to most of your amazing collections), but it's a solid start for me. I began...
  6. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Beef's Farts! Uhhh... Carts.

Very nice! Congrats on the LB carts!!
  7. Sammy/SNK-FAN

What's Your Favorite Item in Your SNK Collection?

My AES Waku Waku 7. I love playing this game.
  8. Sammy/SNK-FAN

What anime are you watching?

Currently into 80’s and 90’s OVA’s. Just watched Geno Cyber (crazy art), Appleseed, Gall Force: Eternal Story, Riding Bean (one of my favorites), and Gunsmith Cats. Theses nothing quite like the old hand drawn cell art!
  9. Sammy/SNK-FAN

The 1999 game selection - your favorites?

Garou all the way (Possibly my favorite Neo Game). MSX a close second.
  10. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Garou Mark the Wolves Vs Street fighter 3

I think Garou is more fun, but 3rd Strike isn’t far behind.
  11. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Here’s my latest. Love this game!
  12. Sammy/SNK-FAN

So how many of you goobs own NGH/AES games?

I currently have 3 home carts. Love the cover art on them and they make great display pieces. Had 9 back in the early 2000’s, but let most of them go to fund MVS carts.
  13. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

The old MOTU art was really beautiful! You can tell it was a labor of love back in the day. I also love the vintage G.I. Joe painted art.
  14. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

It looks really fun! Can’t wait to give it a try.
  15. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

I love 80’s toys, especially vintage Star Wars, G1 Transformers, G.I. Joe, and MOTU. Don’t collect much anymore, but did for many years. I kept my favorites. Here is one of my grail’s. Sealed Grey Skull.
  16. Sammy/SNK-FAN

FT: Arcade Namco Donkey Kong cab w/ Jr and Mario 2004 & Virtua Fighter cab with 4 Evo and marquee. Trading for Home System Neo games.

Up for trade: Donkey Kong Namco cab w/ Jr. And Mario Bros in like new condition. Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution cab (cab originally Virtua Fighter 1). Both cabinets are fully working and would make fun additions to your game room. I’m looking to trade for CIB JPN (or US) near mint Home Carts...
  17. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Post in this thread if your 10/15/20 year member badge is missing

Fair enough. I’ve been around, just don’t post much.
  18. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Post in this thread if your 10/15/20 year member badge is missing

I think mine is missing, unless I haven’t posted enough times yet…
  19. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Metal Slug is an overall meh series with two (three?) great games

I am still playing old games, many that I’ve never played before. For the record, I did have an AES back in 2002-2004. I bought Slug 4, 5, KOF 02, 03 new when they were released. I also spent many hours playing KOF02 and 03 in arcades in Japan when they were new (taught English in Nagasaki)...
  20. Sammy/SNK-FAN

Metal Slug is an overall meh series with two (three?) great games

Thanks, I’ll have to look into the CD version. I’ve only had the AES and MVS.