Search results

1. channelmaniac

CXA1145 Encoder brightness issue

Hey p33pz! Have any of you messed with the Sony CXA1145 video encoder? I'm using the bone stock circuit from the Sega Genesis, in fact I cut that section of PCB out and am using that. It's connected to a Leningrad Spectrum clone and right now I have B&W composite output as I'm waiting on the...
  2. channelmaniac

Want to learn more...?

Hey folks, if you want to learn more about what makes your arcade game board work, I'll be speaking at VCF Southwest in Dallas at the end of June. They have me down for 3 speaking slots, 2 of which would be applicable here: Digital Logic Basics Computer Circuit Basics Digital Logic Basics will...
  3. channelmaniac

Corrosive foam on the 4 slots...

Hey folks, when the fish paper and foam on the under side of the top board hardens, it will start corroding traces under it. The 4-slot sent to me had a complaint of graphic corruption on slot 4. Here's the corroded via that was the cause of the complaint: BUT... the customer's board had a...
  4. channelmaniac

MVS MV2-01 Battery Damage Repair info...

Had one with not only battery damage to the NEO-ZMC2 chip affecting video, but also cutting off 2 traces carrying ADPCM data to the YM2610. Here's the documented info on where to run your patches. The ZMC2 trace patches are done on the top side of the board while the YM2610 ones can be done on...
  5. channelmaniac

Repair videos

Anyone else doing repair videos? This one is a 4 slot that suffered from the crosshatch of death. H0LOC4iuTQc
  6. channelmaniac

Search issues...

Hey mods! Was trying to search for something, clicked on "Advanced Search" from the main forum page, and was greeted with this at the top of the search page:
  7. channelmaniac

Fun with shipping...

Folks, When packing boxes, use enough packing to fill all the space inside the boxes and overdo the tape. You can't use enough tape at times and remember to tape across the top and bottom of the box! If you don't pack the box tight then things will shift and bounce around the inside of the...
  8. channelmaniac

FS: AES JP Cart: Art of Fighting 2

FS: 1 Art of Fighting 2 from Japan. Bare Cart. I brought this back from Japan last January. Don't remember if I got it from Super Potato or Hard Off, but it's still wrapped in the plastic they put around the stuff they have for sale. $30 Shipped CONUS PP Accepted.
  9. channelmaniac

Sayonara Japan :)

I've been all up in your Akihabara buying your Made in Japan tools... and in your Nagasaki stealing your precious electrons with my camera. :) Yoshinoya has been delicious and cheap. Your Shinkansen and N`EX trains have been wonderful. The humidity - not so much. Pics are already on the...
  10. channelmaniac

Japan... What to see/do in Tokyo?

I have a sudden trip to Japan on the books... What are some good places to visit in the electronics district? :) Thanks!
  11. channelmaniac

My first... a cleaning induced failure...

A forum member sent me a 4 slot for repair with the description of "This problem occurred after I took the board out to clean it." It was an interesting repair! If you can't read the screen because of a Video RAM Error message one of the things you can do is short the adjacent legs together to...
  12. channelmaniac

Barcelona?

Hola! Anyone in Barcelona? I'll be there for work from the evening of the 13th through early morning on the 17th when I fly home. RJ
  13. channelmaniac

Hey French Folks!

Anyone in Paris? I'll be there the afternoon of the 9th through the afternoon of the 13th. I will be seeing some of the sights, but wondered if there were any good gaming stores or arcades around town. RJ
  14. channelmaniac

My repair logs have MOVED

Hi everyone, My repair logs have been copied over from the old newlifegames.net site to the new newlifegames.com site as of 15 mins. ago! http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?board=25.0 My signature has been updated too.
  15. channelmaniac

FS: CPS3 - Street Fighter III: New Beginning

FS: 1 CPS3 system w/working cart for Street Fighter III: New Beginning. System is in the metal case, comes with the CD, CD case, CD-ROM drive, data/power cables for the drive, and manual. No kick harness. I do not know if the battery has ever been changed and I don't change them on CPS3 carts...
  16. channelmaniac

MS2 1/2 boot...

Yes, It's a half boot. The guy I got it from took a bootleg cart and a real cart apart and swapped the boards to get a working one. I have a PROGBK1 with real mask ROMs for the audio and EPROMs for the program ROMs. It now works as the mask program ROMs were bad. The video ROMs on the boot...
  17. channelmaniac

Remembering Nightmare Tony

Mods: If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it Tony's brother posted this on his Facebook page tonight: https://www.facebook.com/nightmaretony?hc_location=stream *EDIT*!!! I wish I could go :(
  18. channelmaniac

Repair party @ Arcadecomponents.com!

Details here: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=249891 Or you can find it on my Facebook group page. Attendees MUST RSVP. Period. Almost anyone is welcome. New Zealanders will require extra screening.
  19. channelmaniac

Repair Party @ my place

Details: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=227822 Yes, I posted a link to another forum. It's easier to keep track of things in one place. I'm in the north end of the Dallas Metromess.
  20. channelmaniac

Email storm from forum!

Holy crap! I just got 19 emails in the past 2 minutes about new private messages and logged in to see 3 new PMs in my inbox. What's going on with the forums?