Search results

1. segasonicfan

Tate degaussing issue

So I got a new CRT pickup off the sidewalk and I really like it. I just modified it for S-video...BUT it hates being tated :( It doesn't appear to have a degaussing coil inside, which is usually fine. But when I turn it sideways to play shmups the thing has like a rolling degauss problem...its...
  2. segasonicfan

Looking for Neo Geo memory card scans

Hey everyone, my memory card which I bought years ago has always been scratched beyond recognition. I'm hoping to make a nice fresh looking sticker for it now that I have a nice printer. Would someone mind just putting the cart on a scanner bed for me and taking scans of the front and back at...
  3. segasonicfan

Trouble with my Neo Geos :(

somehow I can't get any luck with getting one fully-working Neo Geo system and a 161 in 1... I have a MV-1 that gives the error message about address 02F00C0. if I press C the games seem to work okay though... Maybe this is just an incompatibility with Uni Bios v2.3? My MV-1B seems to work...
  4. segasonicfan

WTB: Broken MV-1B and Broken 161-in-1

Like the title says. Only looking for broken ones, lmk if you have one. Specifically, I'm looking for a 161-in-1 with a working sound chip and an MV-1B with a good NEO-GRC-2-F
  5. segasonicfan

MV-1B constantly resetting, won't get past radio screen

I got an MV-1 (not 1B, title is a typo) to repair but I haven't actually come across this issue before. It boots up to the green garbled graphic, goes black and boots up again, repeating indefinitely. Anyone know a good place to start? I inspected traces and looked for leaking battery acid or...
  6. segasonicfan

FREE MV-1B covers

Stepping up my lasercutting game and made these yesterday. In order to further my capitalistic conquest to rule the world I've decided to give some away. Only asking for cost of shipping in a paper mailer. These are cardboard, so very expensive. I could make acrylic and other fanciness but...
  7. segasonicfan

161-in-1 with NO sound (shocking, I know)

Got one of these crapola things to try and fix. Double checked 3.3v and 4.2v lines on the board and reflowed the soundchip and some dodgy connectors. cart edge is perfect. Issue remains. Anyone have any ideas? V3 and V4 on the program board get pretty warm....all the other chips of the same...
  8. segasonicfan

WTB: Broken 161-in-1 cart

I have one with no sound so...looking for one with graphics glitches. Anybody have a dud I can buy? Thanks! -Segasonicfan
  9. segasonicfan

WTB MV-1 original bios

anyone have one?
  10. segasonicfan

Backup RAM Region error (MV-1 with Unibios)

Hey everyone, Got an MV-1 here with an error code on the Unibios (image attached) Address 00D014CA Read: 5555 Write: 5515 any idea what chip could be the culprit / good place to start? I don't know the Neo hardware super well. Thanks!
  11. segasonicfan

Sega CDX woes, no audio playback

Hey all, this is sort of an advanced problem I'm having with a CDX. I have a unit that was used for many parts and has undergone a lot over the years, though I repaired almost all of it now. The big problem left is that it will not playback any CD audio. It will boot up and play the PCM...
  12. segasonicfan

FS/FT Broken PCBs: Strikers III, Sengoku Blade II, Time Pilot

Hey folks, I have some broken PCBs to unload, if anyone wants em. Here's what I got: Strikers III Sengoku Blade II Time Pilot (bootleg) I would say they are good for parts only since they had unsuccessful repair attempts, but with some TLC you never know. Sold as-is and I can send pics and...
  13. segasonicfan

Looking for PS2 V1 (SCPH-30001) Broken or not!

Looking for a V1-V4 PS2 broken or not. I just want to use the parts with my other one for Macrovison-free RGB output: http://gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:playstation_2_rgb_sync This only works on the earlier motherboards. How to tell your version...
  14. segasonicfan

PS2 Replacement Lasers Not Working :/

Hey folks, I have a PS2 I modded some time ago with removed Macrovision, which is the only reason I keep it around. I just love watching movies in pure RGB, and as far as I know there is no other cost effective solution for this with US players. So when the lens was dying I did a laser swap...
  15. segasonicfan

WTB: X68000 keyboard + RAM + stuffs

Looking to buy any keyboard, though the one with blinking LEDs is definitely preferred. Or a keyboard adapter prebuilt. Also looking for any of the 2MB or more RAM upgrade cards. Or any other cool upgrades, like MIDI modules and stuff like that. Might be interested in some games too...
  16. segasonicfan

WTB *broken* SEGA CDX

If you have one, let me know. -Segasonicfan
  17. segasonicfan

Psikyo Sengoku Blade II woes

Got a board that I got broken with intermittent sprite problems. After looking at it I suspected the culprit was the socketed PALCE16V8H-15 (U64) in the upper left corner. The socket had some major corrosion so I decided to replace it. Sadly, while doing so, something went askew and the game...
  18. segasonicfan

FREE Arcade Table w/ Sanwa/Seimitsu

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Segasonicfan/selling/100_4105.jpg Stick is a new Sanwa with 8 position add-on. Red buttons are Sanwa Black buttons are Semeitsu. The table is pretty heavy so local pickup makes the most sense (San Francisco). Pinout is standard Neo Geo 15-pin D Sub which...
  19. segasonicfan

120+ Genesis games + Cotton + GG +more!

SEE BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD FOR PRICE DROPS & UPDATES GENESIS/MD Selling off all my Genny babies to pay for medical expenses. It's a nice lot Ive been collecting for many years, most of it in gamer condition, some might need a little cleaning. THE MASSIVE Genesis Lot (120+ games!!) **Scroll...
  20. segasonicfan

FS: Cotton PCB, Power Strike 2, Arcade Stick Table,Genny lot

Hey all, Selling off some of the last of my game stuff! take a look: Cotton PCB (Sega 16 Original game) -$295 http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Segasonicfan/selling/100_4099.jpg http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/Segasonicfan/selling/100_4098.jpg...