Search results

1. C

MVS 2-Slot Low Left Audio Problem

Ok so I got this MVS 2-Slot for repair. The problem was that one of the colour was missing, it had already been diagnosed on this very board that was caused by a possibly faulty 74LS273 behind the Jamma connector. So I replaced this chip and the colour was working great again. I then proceeded...
  2. C

Neo Geo AES Cartridge Slot Repair / Replacement (?)

Hey guys, Haven't really come across this problem before with an AES. Seems that someone has messed about with one of the cartridge connectors and bent most of the pins. The result is that the graphics and sound are intermittent/blocky, if you move the cartridge around in the slot some...
  3. C

No sound on NEO-AES

I bought a Japanese AES to use as my own personal machine, it is one of the original green box rental units. It loads cartridges just fine, with no errors, however there is no sound at all. This is the original revision of mainboard (NEO-AES). I have tried the headphone socket with a pair of...
  4. C

Removing silver conductive paint ? Bodged AES socket install [FIXED]

Hey guys, I have an AES for repair. The owner removed the original BIOS and attempted to fit a socket for a UniBios. When it didn't work he put some silver conductive paint around the socket legs. I suspect that in one or two places this may be short circuiting. If I carefully pick away at it...
  5. C

Neo Geo AES Doesn't Load Games - Blue Screen (Fixed)

Hey all, I had this Neo Geo AES which wasn't loading any games. Despite being sent by its original owner to a well known shop that does repairs here in the UK, it was returned with no work being undertaken. The diagnosis was possible faulty BIOS (as it had a piggybacked UniBios in socket), and...
  6. C

TTL Logic - 74F replace with 74LS ?

Hey guys, I was wondering if it would be possible to replace TTL Logic 74F (74F251) with TTL Logic 74LS (74LS251). I am aware that F = Fast, and LS = Low Speed. These are the TTL Logic chips which select some of the graphics on a 6 Slot I need to fix (8 Input Multiplexer with 3-STATE...
  7. C

6-Slot Bad Top Board Logic

Guys, I have Evil Aidy's 6-Slot MVS here which he originally sent to me with a Video RAM problem. That is now fixed.. However, I am getting the exact same problem as in this thread; http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143240 As the thread states, "vertical lines" on every single...
  8. C

WTD: Broken Sega Nomad, PCE Duo-R Manual, PCE Duo Pad.

Hey, Thought I'd post here, looking for the following; BROKEN Sega Nomad; I don't care if the dog chewed it or what, I just need to be able to desolder and remove the BRIGHTNESS dial from it, as mine broke off. Will pay a reasonable price.. someone out there must have one of these. PC Engine...
  9. C

MV-1A Consolisation Musings & Questions

Hello! I have some general musings and questions on the art of MV-1A Consolisation. Here are my musings so far, with questions, where appropriate; Power LED - solder wires to left side of board (replaces the small power LED already on the board) :) Power Switch - pretty self explanatory :)...
  10. C

Unibios error - "the system bios"

Just fitted a unibios, was a breeze, removed old bios, fitted a socket, tested all connections with multimeter.. perfect. Put the unibios in (tested and working on another AES) and I get the following "Hardware Selftest Failed" It says that the error is in the region of "The System Bios" I...
  11. C

RGB bypassing a NEO-AES3-4

I would like to RGB bypass a NEO-AES3-4 The guide on the forum here http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92840 Is for versions 5-7.. This AES is a low serial (within 36,000 range) The quality through RGB looks very good in my eyes, however the mainboard is a second revision as...