Search results

1. fake

Why Do I Suck So Bad at Super Turbo?

I can barely get a 3-win spree in against the computer, and even then I’m not pulling off combos / cancels - just basic specials. Even when I put in a credit for 2P and the other guy is just standing still it’s hard to pull off something as basic as jumping medium, crouching low, hadoken. I am...
  2. fake

Spergy Rant: GB Restorations Have Ruined GB Collecting

Hear me out. It really bothers me that people are manufacturing limited edition Game Boy shells. Zelda SP, atomic green Pocket, whatever - you can just replace your cracked case (or perfectly fine case) with a new, cooler one for $5 off Aliexpress. You didn't have to be there at release. You...
  3. fake

How TF Do I get a JLF on an Alberto1225 Control Panel?

Boyz, I'm losing my mind a bit here. I ordered a new 2P6B panel to match my Aero City. It looks amazing. But it has this type of mount: Looks like it would be no prob for a Seimitsu S plate. But the standard JLF obviously is seated too low. I ordered a Sanwa S plate and it doesn't nest inside...
  4. fake

Bulbasaur

Finished this yesterday.
  5. fake

CPS2 No Signal but Coin Counter Increasing

Hey guys, I fired up the cab today and am not getting a signal on my on battery CPS2 game. However the counter increase by 5. Did it suicide? I thought the battery had a lot more life let in it. My other CPS2 stuff works fine.
  6. fake

RIP Angelo Badalamenti

https://www.slashfilm.com/1135330/angelo-badalamenti-composer-for-blue-velvet-and-twin-peaks-has-died/
  7. fake

WTB: Captain Rainbow (Wii) CIB

Hello. As part of the war on Christmas, I'm trying to do my part and shop for my friends. I'm looking for a VG+ copy of Captain Rainbow with insert, disc, and manual. Thank you.
  8. fake

H Belated BD BlackaneseNinja

I noticed on one of the first days the site went down it was BlackaneseNinja's birthday. So here's a belated birthday thread. Now it's official!
  9. fake

Help Me Go RGB on My Mega Drive Model 2

Hey gaiz, I got the Retrovision cables in the mail. I plugged 'em in and the picture is really sharp, but also very green. I have my Model 2 plugged into the RGB of my PVM. I've scrolled through the menu and can't find anything to fix it. What could I be doing wrong? ******* Edit - I'm an...
  10. fake

Recent Shmups / Collections - Which Console?

Gaiz, Is there any reason to prefer Switch over PS4 or vice versa when it comes to the recent gaggle of non-exclusive shmups? I'm thinking along the lines of Esp.Ra.De, GG Aleste Collection, etc. I've heard some Switch shmups (e.g., Psikyo stuff) have pretty bad lag and whatnot, so I'm not sure...
  11. fake

Stupid Car Question

Gaiz, My headlights are as dim. I've used the Google to try to learn how to make them brighter, but am only more confused. Is there a way to simply switch the light bulb with a brighter aftermarket one? I don't want those obnoxious halogen lights - just something that will cast a wider light...
  12. fake

Hitboxes

These things look ridiculously uncomfortable. They remind me of trying to play Street Fighter II on an emulator with a keyboard. WTF.
  13. fake

Final Fantasy XVI

Back to a fantasy setting, which I'm happy about. The trailer kinda mangles the plot setup, so I don't know what to make of that. The gameplay looks like either XV or Neir. I guess we'll have to hope that some side-series games stick to turn based.
  14. fake

WTB: Old MS Office for Mac

Gaiz, Microsoft is mad that I've been reusing the same Office 2016 license for a while now. I've been trying to avoid subscriptions outside of Adobe - MS prices Office so that you subscribe rather than buy - but I can only find Office licenses on shady Amazon pages and whatnot. If anyone has an...
  15. fake

WTB: Original Xbox Memory Card & DVD Drive

Hey gaiz, I'm planning on refurbing my OG Xbox. (I have some sentimental value attached to it, plus it's a limited edition, so I'd rather not just buy a new one.) I need a memory card to back up the HDD. I'd prefer the first-party Microsoft one. My DVD drive still works, but it's on its last...
  16. fake

Serenity Now: RIP Jerry Stiller

1927 - 2020
  17. fake

PC Engine Controllers

There's the standard controller, the 6-button Avenue pad, and the 6-button rapid fire one... I only have experience with the standard controller. How are the other two? Any advantages over the 2-button (outside of Street Fighter obvs)?
  18. fake

A4, A6, etc. Poster Frames

Gaiz, I've got some Famicom posters that I want to hang up. But I can't find decent A4 frames anywhere in the US that I actually like. Does anyone know of someplace to order non-US size frames from?
  19. fake

Langrisser I & II Remake Bundle

Has anyone picked this up? Do you know if you can switch between the updated graphics and sound and the originals?