Search results

1. J

please Delete Me

delete me
  2. J

MVS 25 is the monitor a 25, looks smaller

Let me explain, when I look at the 25" decased TV in my MVS cab it just does not look like it is as big as a original MVS 25 cab monitor for example mine: Side Angle: Mine looks considerably smaller than a original one: (am I just smoking crack) I am really considering getting a real 25"...
  3. J

25" MVS Monitor Bezel

Any one have some ideas about how to make or buy a 25" monitor bezel for The MVS Neo Geo that I am working on. Any help would be appreciated. JtSlade full build details here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187299
  4. J

good quality Neo Geo MVS boot video

Does anyone have a high/good quality video from a MVS Neo Geo booting. I'm am very close to having my MVS Neo Geo Mame cab finished and was looking for a high quality boot video to play when the computer boots up. (If anyone knows a good software tool or method to have a video play as XP...
  5. J

TV Tube is super white brite and horizontal lines!

This is a double post but the original is buried at the end of my complete work log. So I fired up the TV after mounting the TV circuit board on the inside right of the CAB. It is held in place with wood brackets that I made. The TV worked fine back when I had set all the settings before...
  6. J

Neo-Geo.com is finally on Top!

Neo-Geo is at last on the top of results when you type "neo geo" into google. check out the glory! ( I type "Neo Geo" into Google probably 30 times a day rather than use a bookmark, Neo-Geo.com used to be like #3 after the wikipedia and some other Neo site.) #1 right where it should be
  7. J

Arcadeoverlay.com opinions?

So I may just bite the bullet and order from Arcadeoverlay.com for my MVS-25 Neo Geo version 1 control panel. But does the overlay that they send look just like the one in the picture on the web site... It seems to not look authentic.. Compared to a real one (I understand its not looking...
  8. J

Need vector Control Panel overlay file

SO I found a printer on vacation in Florida to print on flexible polycarbonate using the file at http://www.localarcade.com/arcade_art/details.php?image_id=400&mode=search Only problem is that this file is about 4-5 inches smaller in scale than the actual MVS 25 2 slot CP that I actually...
  9. J

control panel MVS screw info needed!

I am restoring a MVS-25 Neo Geo version 1 Does anyone have the technical specs/ name & size on the screws that hold the plexi / CP overlay down. There are 2 missing on my cab and I need to replace them. I figure home depot has them but if anyone has the exact specs it would be greatly...
  10. J

Lock information needed MVS Neo Geo

Ok so I am in the USof A on vacation and I needed a small bit of help to track down some of the final parts for the MVS Neo Geo version 1 cab that I am restoring. I am going to Home Depot today so I need to find some locks for the Marquee and the Happ Over Under Coin Door. I have searched the...
  11. J

System16.com is gone!

has anyone else noticed that www.system16.com the arcade museum and reference site is gone. "The domain system16.com has expired. If you owned this domain, please contact your domain registration service provider for further assistance. " It has tons of info on arcade games and boards for...
  12. J

Mag Stik Plus doesn't fit MVS CP!

Total newb mistake. I got a minipac, set of buttons, wiring harness and two Mag Stik plus's for the MVS Neo Geo version 1 restore I am doing. My joystick screws are welded to the CP. Well as you can see my mounting plates are the wrong size. So since its a japan joystick mount and the Mag...
  13. J

MV-LED2 for sale

I have two MV-LED2 's for sale. no harness just the led displays. These are the square ones. These will be shipped via USPS as I have no other method. Military postal system then handed off to USPS in NJ ...delivery takes between 1-3 weeks, but 2 is pretty much the norm. Make an offer as I...
  14. J

2slot & 4slot marquee polishing?

Just bought these from quarter arcade. I figured that going original was the best option whenever possible. These are just sample images (who knows what shape mine will be in) but do you all have a preferred method for restoring these to look shiny and new? Does anyone have experience...
  15. J

MVS Marquee how the mini's fit into it

Since I am a new and restoring a MVS-25 4 I ordered some various mini marquee's / I am in the process of getting the marquee retainer correct on my MVS restoration. The bottom retainer with lock is already in place (I kind of need a new lock since I don't have the key for it- or a key shop can...
  16. J

MVS Metal Control Panel restore, polish and Paint

I am working on a MVS 4-25 cab and have been cleaning the glue and old overlay from it. I have searched the existing posts here and needed some additional info from anyone that can contribute. I need some help in what metal polish is best to use (is the CP Aluminum) . Sandpaper ( or orbital...
  17. J

Cleaning snk smoked glass, what is safe?

Is it safe to clean the SNK smoked monitor glass with a ammonia based windex and a razor blade. Do you guys have a preferred method of cleaning the glass that is SNK smoked original ? Thank you,
  18. J

Happ buttons vs. Ultimarc

Ultimarc has a deal with a complete wiring harness and a mini-pac encoder. http://www.ultimarc.com/minipac.html I can also buy the push buttons from them and the Mag stick plus that can switch from 4-8 way without opening the control panel lid. mag stick plus...
  19. J

MVS Credit LED in Mame / Neo Rage ?

Would a LED Wiz be able to drive a MVS Credit LED in MAME or Neo Rage? http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=306 I would think it was possible. Is there a better way to do this? Thank you for any help.
  20. J

MVS-4 25 Cabinet Restoration job

OK I am brand new to this site and I wanted to say hello. I am starting my 1st arcade restoration project and it is with a Neo Geo MVS-4 25 cab. This will eventually be a MAME cab but don't flame me just yet, I am restoring this NEO GEO MVS to look exactly as it did in its glory days before...