Search results

1. ack

z80 error

It could be either, or the z80's ram. However the first thing you should do is clean your cart's edge connector and the cart slot.
  2. ack

Rengual's faulty MV4-FS & MV4-F

For the MV4-FS I don't think it will have anything to do with the ZMC2, since that is specific to sprite data. The images show the issue is effecting both sprites and the fix layer. Additionally valid looking graphic data is being returned, its not the right ones. I would suspect an issue...
  3. ack

Sound problem in MV1A

Sounds like its the YM3016.
  4. ack

MVS MV1FT not fully booting. Wrong graphics/letters

could be. Another thing you can try is pressing down on different chips / parts of the board while its on and see if anything changes. If it does its an indication of a bad solder joint some where.
  5. ack

warm is usually ok, to hot to touch is not.
  6. ack

Try checking the 68k data pins going into the LSPC. Maybe there is something wrong with D8 (floating?)
  7. ack

It would depend on whats being executed on the cpu. If its the diag bios its likely ok because it puts up the memory error then goes into a loop waiting for input.
  8. ack

work ram wont cause that.
  9. ack

I would guess the error it is complaining about 32K VRAM Upper. It looks like its trying to say ADDRESS: 000000 ACTUAL: 0100 EXPECTED: 0000 If you validated the traces already then I would try swapping that vram chip...
  10. ack

AES board with Faulty Video/Audio

That image is saying the backup ram has dead output, but AES's dont have backup ram. Are you buy chance holding down C when booting (which forces backup ram testing on AES)?
  11. ack

I would start by replacing the slow/32k vram chips and see if helps with the screen showing the right data characters. https://github.com/jwestfall69/neogeo-diag-bios/blob/master/docs/ram_locations/mv1.md
  12. ack

Cps2 Asian with eua rom? (boot or phoenixed?)

I would dump the 8 eproms on the lower left and find them in mame, that will tell you which hex to use. Also if the key data was wrong on the pic you should just be getting a solid color screen and nothing else. So you might have a corrupt eprom or some fault with the board causing the crash.
  13. ack

MVS2 -01 graphics issues (probably multiple)

I would check the LSPC-A0 for loose pins.
  14. ack

Cps2 Asian with eua rom? (boot or phoenixed?)

You don't need to do anything. The board has no battery installed and it working fine with the phoenix roms.
  15. ack

Blue ceramic bypass capacitor spec?

Check your hard-dips and make sure dip 8 isnt in the 'on' position. Additionally unibios 4.0 is bugged on multi-slot boards and if there are no games installed it will sometimes just give a black screen.
  16. ack

If I had any hair, I'd pull it out

Since they messed that up I would double check the 68k socket to make sure all the pins are actually soldered down.
  17. ack

If I had any hair, I'd pull it out

You need the OE/CE wires hooked up. This is what mine looks like for reference (ignore the funky zif socket) You are using very thick wires, so you could potentially have bridges to adjacent pins on the bios side. Was the board working before the attempt? With it having that NEO-BUF bypass...
  18. ack

Work Ram error mv1fzs

This should answer your questions https://github.com/jwestfall69/neogeo-diag-bios/blob/master/docs/ram.md
  19. ack

Neo geo aes

do you not have a printer to print your own?
  20. ack

Neo geo aes